Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

What you’re saying is logical, but the issue lies in the fact that the worgen transformation itself is inherently illogical based on your argument. As humans, we have five fingers on each hand and foot, whereas as worgen, we possess four fingers on our hands and three on our feet. Similarly, the positioning of the ears and the formation of a canine mouth filled with fangs are not typical human traits. Additionally, our limbs become elongated, and our mode of walking undergoes a dramatic shift from walking on the entire foot to walking on our toes, with the limbs becoming more elongated. Therefore, it can be deduced that the loss, modification, and addition of limbs in a worgen are integral aspects of their curse.

Arguing that the addition of a tail is implausible because humans lack one is as logical as the loss of fingers and the complete morphological transformation we undergo. Assuming that the curse extensively alters the body, the emergence of a tail is not illogical.

Especially, there’s something you tend to forget: we’re in a fantastical world, with magic, and a curse originating from something magical and druidic. Changing the latter is as feasible as strolling on other planets through a portal or frolicking with the dead in their realms.

I don’t understand, adding tails to worgen is really something bad? Will it destroy the lore to see some worgen walking around with a tail tomorrow? How is saying that a blessing from Goldrinn or X wild god going to destroy the story? Why be against adding an option that the worgen community has been asking for for 14 years?

I’d really like to understand why you’re against this, what the final justification is…

11 Likes

I’m not really averse to it but I don’t understand the need to have one in the first place. I have never played Worgen or Vulpera or Dranei for that matter. I’m not really into the whole anthropomorphic thing. I did play Tauren off and on but it felt weird being a giant cow man.

You make a good point though, I’m not really invested one way or the other but the fact that it’s been 14 years and it keeps getting asked for is silly to me and why I commented. Is it really that important? Tail or no tail, it shouldn’t be a huge deal for anyone.

2 Likes

When it comes to worgens any kind of customization will help in the long run seeing as we have the least amount of option out of any race. Customization is great in the long run to give players their own identities rather than how it is now where almost every worgen looks exactly the same.

As for my biggest reasoning on why worgens should get tails, it’s simply the fact that they keep on showing us tailed worgens in Hearthstone itself from cards, to ads, to full on animated videos with a tailed worgen in it. I don’t want every worgen to be forced to have one. If I were to do it, I would tie it to a quest line similar to the golden eye’d elves option or night warrior questline. That way if you do want one, you’ll be given a lore reason as to how your character has one, which could be easily explained as something like Goldrinns blessing giving you a tail as a sign of his blessing, along with being able to shift in to wolf form instead of cat form just like in the comics, except this time you’ll have full control over it and not end up turning in to a mindless worgen again from losing control.

7 Likes

So I know you’ve already said you don’t play worgen so hey you wouldn’t know this but worgen have also been repressed as far as customization since we were added to the game. In the cata trailer worgen were shown with cool models that screamed wolf like but when cata launched we didn’t get that, rather we got hit by the ugly bat and stayed that way for 10 years. Only time we got anything new was options to things we already could change like fur color or our eyes but nothing major, where as our human forms had at least a dozen things we could change or add. After we got our updated models at long last that imbalance didn’t change. If you were to look at the amount of things you can pick from or change on the human model compared to worgen form you’d see that humans got two pages at least of options where as worgen got only like 6-7 things we can pick from on barely a page of options. Every time they’ve said “Hey we’re adding more stuff to worgen” we get the short end of the stick and it’s mostly fur colors with things forced onto them we don’t get any say about or maybe eyes again. Where as humans got new hair styles, new hair colors, new eyes, new skin tones, expressions, and all kinds of things. This imbalance is not fair and we desire to see this fixed, why are we getting table scraps compared to the human form that’s worthless outside of RP for us to use? Our curse was created by magic and with magic it can be edited to include the option for tails or even for the males to stand upright. Until we get our justice and finally get more options for the characters we play and adore we will never stop asking Blizz for our tails, for the things we lack that we desire to see them add. They need to stop spoiling the elves and start spreading their attention to those of us who’re starving for customizations. Also whenever we turn human we’re still identified as worgen rather than human so we don’t count as humans anymore, we even got to see spirits of worgen in the Shadowlands who’ve said they’ve been a worgen all their life so even in death we’re not free of the curse. You’re entitled to your opinion all the same but our campaign will continue, optional tails that actually look nice is only the start but it’d be a start towards a much better time for the worgen community.

7 Likes

Worgen without tail is like dwarves without beards.

Stop pushing down worgen players for wanting something that should have been there since 13 years ago. Thanks.

9 Likes

Worgenism is a curse that mutates a human into something with fur, long ears, a canine snout with fangs, elongated talons, digitigrade legs with a dewclaw, and a size increase on the order of at least twenty percent…but a tail just wouldn’t make sense?

What a nonsensical argument.

11 Likes

I’ll take a look since monks can us 1h’s, I use hide weapons on all my monks so I haven’t really noticed.

If worgens get tails, When they /nod they should wag!

7 Likes

wonder what Ion has against Worgen having tails.

4 Likes

should also happen when they cheer and applaud. Canines do tend to wag their tails a lot when happy and excited. The cower emote should make their tail go between their legs like when a dog’s scared or nervous as well

Yeah that’s one question some of us are no doubt asking, although some answers he might give would no doubt earn him a kick in the pants.

7 Likes

o k theennn…

More like what the devs in general have against them.
Lot of disappointing turns for worgen, historically and of late.

9 Likes

He gets it.

Ahh, the usual anti-furry argument… :dracthyr_tea:
‘No tails EVER because THIS subsection of Worgen players are icky to me!!’ Yawn. Boooooring.

Please stop generalizing; Clearly, not EVERY Worgen player EVER is gonna act like these video game toons are their fursona–And even if a handful of 'em do, so what? You dont have to engage with them! You can just ‘block and stay safe’, as some folks say lol.

Anyway–Let Worgen have (optional!) tails, please~ :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

13 Likes

Makes sense, I mean that’s why they haven’t implemented Worgen, Vulpera and Tauren as playable races yet.

14 Likes

You do realize that some furries have tailess sonas… right?

My sona sometimes does and doesn’t have a tail… why? Cause my sona is a werewolf and some do and don’t have tails!

Just because someone says something isn’t furry doesn’t mean it isn’t… lycanthropes (which is basically what worgen are) can 100% be furry lol

Also that was supposed to reply to Linerider directly and I have no idea why it didn’t.

7 Likes

Oh and don’t forget Pandaren, they apparently count too

Yep, I sad knew he’d take it there as all the anti tail folk seem to lately. They really need new material

It’s not going to hurt anyone to let worgen get optional tails so no reason at all not to. I mean they can make a Fortnite imitation game mode yet can’t just give the worgen tails? Oh and Blizz if you force the optional tails to be loot from that fortnite clone I’m terminating my sub and never coming back as that’d be a huge middle finger at this point

10 Likes

And today’s update apparently broke male Worgen Death Knights’ fur color options. Let’s see if they fix this before 10.2.7. I really don’t know how they manage to keep breaking stuff with Worgen.

1 Like

I don’ know what happened but today’s update also deleted the arborwyrm mount from in game and the store as I had it yesterday and it’s entirely gone today. Blizz drops a battle royal game mode nobody asked for, breaks male worgen fur color options, deletes the chinese new year dragon… yeah idk what’s going on anymore. Hoping worgen get their optional tails at some point though

2 Likes

Just some more Support for Optional Worgen Tails.

Among other requests.

7 Likes