Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

what if you had 1 massive tail that was longer than you are tall

1 Like

Blizzard, give worgens tails

3 Likes

Yes I did. I replied to your previous question with the answer of at least eight. As in, a minimum variety of eight
not at the same time. Then it would be nine, of course.

what if they had helicopter blades for tails

Up to 3 tails, long, wild or fluffy. Option of braids, with options for jewels, flowers or little skulls for the edgy bois.

2 Likes

Don’t feed the trolls

3 Likes

He’s somewhat odd for a troll
hardly typical of most. His comments are silly
but they do serve to ‘bump’ the thread, and he isn’t really causing any angst.

2 Likes

This is probably the best takeaway tbh

2 Likes

Given he’s saying stuff like multiple tails we can use to fly
 yeah he’s perhaps a kinder troll who posts silly or amusing things. Unlike a certain few who’re always coming in here being nasty he’s one of the better ones. Does serve to bump the thread too so no real harm done

3 Likes

they have tails already

i wish i had 9 tails.

2 Likes

I wish this were true :frowning:

Dear Blizz

You continually fails
To give us our tails
S’been so many years’
it brings some to tears.
Your art team’s so good,
Please make tails ( yes you should)

8 Likes

I have no doubt that the art and development teams would, in fact, do a bang-up job of adding a tail feature if management gives them the leeway and resources to do so.

HOWEVER

If what they delivered when returning Gilneas to us is any indication, I’m worried that
if they do give us tail options (and hopefully, some of the other appearance improvements we’ve been asking for)
management will cheap out again, and give us cartoonish crude. I’d like to think the actual artists and developers care enough to do their best, but bean-counters never care.

If memory serves at least one set of the hands behind the writing of Gilneas’ reclamation were openly proud of the abomination they pushed out, or at least posted as much about it on Twitter. So, perhaps spitefully, I wouldn’t put it passed the remaining set of creatives at the company to flub something as simple as tails.
We’d probably end up going a patch or two with them jutting out of our cracks like a plug, and it’d be a sure bet there would be some jokes about it from them before there would come a fix.

3 Likes

All our luck you’re probably right, but if they did that I think it’d cause a lot more drama than they’d expect as I’d for sure lose faith and trust in the company at that rate to cancel my sub for a good few months till it was fixed. Making optional tails for worgen as crude as being poorly done or god forbid a plug would be about as rude as that old post claiming we could get our tails from killing wildlife in WoD or whatever

1 Like

Hi everyone, just hopping in to say you’re all amazing people, and that Worgen still need optional tails. Have a great day :dracthyr_heart:

3 Likes

ay don mined haveng tayl

Well, luckily the art team is not the writing team. Lets ease some fears by examining the situation.

I don’t think we have to worry about the
 placement. Since the bones are already placed appropriately.

So we don’t have a lot to worry about in those regards.

Ideally we get Short/Medium/Long lengths with Curled/Thin/Fluffy shapes. Maybe damaged and/or stumpy. And maybe some jewelry/roses worked in.

They may not add short since not having one might count as the ‘short’ option. Same with Damaged/Stumpy.

Curled might be too complex depending on how much work they put into it.

Tail Roses/Scarves/Jewelry might not be added at first but can always be added latter.

Next is thin/fluffy shapes, they may just do one or the other. And they may just do one length.

So the worst case if/when they add tails is they just add a single Tail with a set Length/Shape and no extra features. But that does not negate any of the others from being added/expanded in the future.

Another direction is they just have a bunch of presets of things like off/normal/roses/curled with no mixing and matching, but if done right might not be too bad.

Ideally a bunch of presets would have a wide variety of shapes and it would make far more sense to do any jewelry/accessories separate like Draenei. Ending up like off/wolf/curled/fox/stump/braided with roses/rings/scarves.

So I would not be too worried about the implementation, just getting them to add them in the first place.

This turned out to be a bigger post than I thought lol

4 Likes

Good thoughts!

2 Likes