Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

Dwarves and Gnomes I could see being a stretch just cause they canonically still have a lot of the old stone blood from the titan days still in them. (Unless that was changed)

Orcs and Draenei may be another stretch as they are Aliens and their physiology might make them immune. Again we’d need word from Blizz on this.

The other beast races might be immune due to their already bestial nature (Tauren, pandaren, and Vulpera)

Because stringing us along without saying a thing ensures less chaos than coming out and telling us no yet still spoiling the elves. I mean we’ve done nothing wrong by asking for more options for the characters we play much like the Elves (except oddly nightborne who keep getting ignored) and yet the elves get what they ask for and worgen may as well be getting swatted with a newspaper. To outright tell worgen no yet continue to spoil the elves would be them showing their hand and it’d make their company look bad and that would mean less people wanting to play their games and thus less money for them, some might even quit in protest and Blizz can’t afford to lose anymore subscriptions. They could just be kind and give worgen optional tails and maybe straight posture to show us we’re not being ignored but sadly they haven’t but we’ll keep trying all the same

3 Likes

Given the curse originated from a group of night elves who became the first worgen yeah it for sure effects elves. I’m surprised that if Blizz loves Elves so much why haven’t they given worgen the option to have an elf form instead of human. I mean I get it we’re gilnean first worgen second but still… who’s to say no NE are going to settle down in Gilneas now and maybe get nibbled on and turned…lot of possible stuff they could do. I mainly just want an optional tail and I’ll be happy and wait for other good things but well… that seems to be taking them some time to figure out. I mean worgen are connected to Goldrinn the wolf wildgod, the original worgen were former druids who created the scythe of elune and essentially created the curse and then Arugal brought worgen from the emerald dream to azeroth and hey here we are years later having been bitten, converted, or born as the worgen we are. (I say born as not every worgen character has to of done Gilneas they could of just been born from worgen parents at this point as worgen aren’t human anymore) All they need to do is make a questline for worgen players to go invite Goldrinn to Gilneas and earn his blessing and by doing so the curse becomes less a curse and more a boon and worgen can have tails if they choose. Maybe that pirate thing on the timeline is when we’ll get them… or maybe Alliance gets pirate Vulpera idk

2 Likes

I don’t know why they can’t just say Worgen can have Worgen Children.

And cockney puppy children would be adorable.

4 Likes

Rather they just give us our reasonable customization requests rather than randomly make fake tail belts.

8 Likes

Give Worgen tails !!

5 Likes

Give Worgen Tails!

2 Likes

Tails Worgen Give!

2 Likes

12 years later they would come up with that female Dracthyr joke making fun of Worgen players for asking for optional tails. That forum post in particular is kind of unprofessional for a Community Team member, though. I’m not sure a community manager can get away with making a snarky post like that today.

It is ambiguous as to whether it’s because Gnomes are truly immune to the Worgen curse or if it’s simply because Hierophant Malyk refuses to spread the Worgen curse for moral reasons.

It’s maybe implied that humans and Night Elves are the only two races that can become Worgen and that all other races are immune, as I don’t think any other race has ever been depicted as a Worgen. If that’s the case, it doesn’t make any sense IMO.
:dracthyr_shrug:

There also may have been internal lore inconsistencies at the time as well, with some of the writers operating on the logic that the Worgen curse cannot spread by Worgen who underwent the Ritual of Balance and other writers operating on the idea that any Worgen can spread the curse by offering their blood to be drunk.

3 Likes

Not sure how…much merit it may hold but the youtuber Nobbel did a video on the retaking of gilneas that he posted today and near the end where he’s talking of all those who returned home to gilneas it seems the guy who was tasked with treating the worgen curse is planning to look into it more going forward, discover new things or secrets about it perhaps so… we might see something like him suggesting that Goldrinn come live in Gilneas and idk that leading to worgen getting tails.

I’ll share the video for any who want to see it but you may need to watch the full thing as I didn’t keep track of where that guy was mentioned

It’d probably put them in hot water, among other things as it by no means was posted with good intentions. If anything it was crude or even cruel but who’s to say if that guy even still works for Blizz anymore. Here’s hoping we truly do get optional tails and they’re not false tails that take up a belt slot as…that would be a big middle finger if anything.

9 Likes

Not going to lie…it would be rather interesting seeing how a tauren who got infected would turn out, would they lose mass or would you have this big hulking worgen with horns and loads of muscle looking ready to tear off someone’s head for saying moo? Idk… if they ever did like Baldur’s gate 3 did and had half races I’d be quite curious to see how the beastial races would turn out mixed with worgen. Orc I’d imagine are immune due to something involving space alongside draenei, no offense to any BE or VE fans but I’d rather not see what a worgen combo with either those two would be like so maybe they’re immune due to high magic content, troll worgen would be like tall werewolves with tusks I’d imagine. Dracthyr may be immune due to how we were developed in a lab but who knows. Gnomes and Dwarves most likely still got some of the order magic in them so they’re most likely immune. So many concepts though… but before they even consider going with half combos I’d like worgen to get optional tails.

2 Likes

but wait… what if there is a secret quest in the game… like, if you collect a tail gray item of every mob type.

quick, someone grab a Worgen and go collect every tail gray item in the game and then report back to us if you found any tales worth telling.

Same. All for the Give Worgen Tails.

But while I agree that Void Elves would likely be immune, I think Sin’dorei and Quel’dorei would still be susceptible to the Worgen Affliction. While they have a lot of magic in them, I don’t think it’s changed their physiology that drastically.

Even back then, this company wasn’t serious after all… Why is it so hard to accept such a simple request and be a bit serious… Finally getting a real answer with a definitive yes or no is that hard? How can you believe in childish developers who live in nostalgia and don’t know how to be serious for a minute?

5 Likes

Bumping this! Give us tail / no tail options for worgen!
Gilneas patch just dropped and you STILL haven’ done it, Blizzard!!

6 Likes

Bumping! Here’s to hoping they’ll listen under the new leadership.

3 Likes

Worgen deserve tail options. Hearthstone and concept art included tails. Its ridiculous that we can’t have the option.

5 Likes

Miss me guys? So word to the wise never type out WTF Blizzard as the chat cut off might split your text and make it look like your saying F Blizzard. It gets you a week ban. Oh well now that Im back lets get a new ban… Really Blizzard you cant even try with the reclaiming Gilneas. We got our city back but no Flight Path for the alliance. No way to do anything other than a single banker… Really? Come on Blizzard you can do better.

4 Likes

Blizzard Hates Worgen. And also Ion is in charge still. I’m starting to think classic wow is a start over point cause retail is a disaster.

4 Likes