Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

4 years later and 15,229 posts later and still nothing. I guess this is there way of telling you no without telling you no.

Worgen’s do need a little love here.

1 Like

Frankly, I don’t even have the strength to ask anything today of a company that doesn’t seem to give a damn about its community…

6 Likes

I do like that we can finally get Lord Crowley’s Old Spectacles via fishing, and that we get our own Worgen-exclusive ‘hearthstone’ but… Why is it a flower, that isn’t even a rose??.. And the fact that there is no flight path connection, portal, or an AH or a real Inn… There is no real reason to come here after the questline, except for RP purposes.

The recolored fox mount… while I like the saddle and bridle coloration, and know it probably has to do with referencing fox hunts… Why not a carriage? I’d even take a Venthyr one, since it’s gothic/Victorian enough.

I don’t even know what positives to say about the transmog fit, aside from these shoulders improving the previous heritage ones…

Anyway: Please give Worgen (optional!) tails. <3

4 Likes

It’s a little awkward that non-worgen characters just get our hearth toy on relog after they complete the chain, while we have to pick it up during our bonus quest. Granted, it’s nice we GOT a bonus quest, but…I’m not mad, just disappointed.

1 Like

Speaking of disappointment. Female worgen death knights are still locked into one face option when picking the skin colors that were added last year.

Like, I get there’s like five of us playing them but this is honestly pretty bad.

6 Likes

Which is a chicken-egg problem. Not many people who’d benefit from adding those options, so why add them? Even though adding them would likely draw more people to play and stick with them.

it’s okay, I’m mad for two

Whole questline was so very disappointing and odd. *** Spoilers***

First we capture a Worgen to be ‘experimented on’ and leave her in the stocks. Then we kill----wolves— for fangs. Then kill another wolf guarding a dream plant. Just pixels- but repugnantly tone deaf to players who chose to be this race.

Gist of the whole thing is- being Worgen ( a choice Worgen players willfully made) - is just a curse.

Goldrinn does not even speak to us. Missed a perfect opportunity for Goldrinn to take us under his wing- and give us a toggle for a more wolflike appearance, IE thick mane for male and female and beautiful tail to match. Acknowledgement as a ‘race’ not just a ‘curse’… sad.

I do not enjoy criticizing the game or people that make it- but the story telling here was lacking in utterly every way.

14 Likes

Oh, so even the hearth isn’t Worgen exclusive.
What a fantastic romp this has been. Absolutely nothing uniquely Gilnean or Worgen aside from a single quest to go meet king sad-sack at his son’s grave.

4 Likes

It only works for us, but yeah, people are reporting that if they did the quest line and got the achievement, it shows up in the toybox silently when they relog. I’m kind of hoping it’s just a bug.

Like that one Hammond bloke with a beard and mutton chops and a fantastic mustache and the female voice.

Starting to wonder where this is go-

Ah.
Par for the course, then.

For the record, I’m all for trans representation, this just feels more like an accident than actual representation.

Is that really the representation you’d want? Or anyone?
It’s literally a man with a woman’s voice. I imagine a man or woman trying to play the part of the other would find that portrayal offensive.

1 Like

He’s just referring to this fella: James Hammond - NPC - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

Who uses the generic female Gilneas NPC greet lines. It definitely seems like a bug, he was just hooked into the wrong lines. Character is also just there tinkering with things, not a quest NPC or anything.

Frankly, no.

I think Selistra or one of the dracthyr are likely the best we’ll get. Not drawing direct attention to the fact that they don’t conform to their birth assignment, and not entertaining any notion that they owe you more than a cursory explanation if you ask.

Granted, in Selistra’s case it’s mostly metaphor rather than directly being trans, IIRC.

Also, actors play roles. Trans people just are. Unless they’re also actors, I guess, but that could get confusing.

A Taliesin & Evitel mention on tails.

7 Likes

And all life’s a stage. I thought the metaphor implicit.

womp womp…

seriously, woulda been an easy W like dark ranger customization

5 Likes

Hmm… Still gonna keep asking for tail options until Blizzard gets wise. I haven’t done the retaking of Gilneas yet, waiting until I’m 70 on this toon, but from what I’ve heard and seen so far I’m… disappointed already. This should have been done with the same love as the Forsaken’s heritage quest and called back to our introduction questlines in Gilneas and like Bel’ameth had some “city” type amenities.

#giveworgenoptionaltails!

6 Likes

Only disappointments are no flightmasters and portals back to stormwind of course.

2 Likes