Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

Honestly, if Worgen got any unique language I’d be delighted.
I’m not sure if I’m familiar with Breton or Lycan, but it sounds about what I’m after.

You’d be surprised what cold storage can do to prolong a food’s shelf life.
I’ve seen a man open up MREs/meal kits from WWII and Vietnam that were still edible.
But yeah.

Give worgen tails

1 Like

Lycans are from the Underworld Horror Series about Werewolves vs Vampires.

1 Like

I would also love to have a tail but only in bone for the dk.
So many options are possible!
We need worgen tails, Blizzard!

Years have gone by and still, the devs can’t add a tail to a rig. Word.

1 Like

Actually thats the thing.

The tail is on the rig. Its just not textured and used on the model in game.

3 Likes

Hopefully the rig sees a tail someday! We worgen deserve us some tails. :slight_smile:

Also, a canine form for feral Druid please. Turning into a cat = much sadness

2 Likes

And those talking about a special language we used to have one in beta called Gilnean but all it did said if you didn’t know it was bark woof yip. Was a little silly.

1 Like

Why would you want a language for worgen?
There’s already a ready-made language that’s based on grunts: the furbolg~

For Roleplaying, i would have liked to be able to speak Darnassian and it’s not that ridiculous as the gilneans lived in night elves territories for some years.
It feels natural that many gilneans learned to speak Darnassian no?

1 Like

This is the thing that really gets me…

It’s all there, they just need to do a tiny bit of work to make it happen. I mean, a ridiculously small amount of work.

4 Likes

Of course you did. Every added post to this thread, whether it be one minute, one hour or one day since the last one was posted, takes the thread back up to the top of the forum listing. That’s what bumping is.

I have over thirty characters on four servers, two of which are ‘normal’ (non-RP), and have been playing for over sixteen years. I’ll admit that I only actively play eight of them at this time, but half are Worgen. I’m more than adequately cognizant about the typical interactions we experience.

This begs the question…if you are always in human form no matter the circumstances, why even BE a Worgen? The whole idea of the playable Worgen race is to immerse yourself in the role of a person afflicted with an involuntary curse. If you can avoid that adversity at will, then the entire endeavor is pointless.

2 Likes

Sigh. Another one for the block list.

No, I didn’t. As I explained before, it was already at the top of the list when I arrived at GD. I was curious, so I started reading. I cannot bump something to the top, when it’s already at the top.

Apparently, you’re not. I see /em’s of all types, using animations in creative ways, all the time, whether I’m on an RP server or not. In fact, one of the things I’ve noticed about playing on an RP server is that it seems the same. Even in guilds that I’ve been in. RP servers seem to be servers where no one roleplays.

No, it raises or elicits the question. Begging the question is a logical fallacy in which the argument presupposes the conclusion it’s supposed to reach. It’s also known as circular reasoning. For more information, see ThoughtCo’s write-up on begging the question.

Now, granted, you’ll find sources that agree with you about this, but tracing the etymology of the expression, you’ll find that begging the question refers to the logical fallacy I described above. And the meaning you’re using only came about through frequent misuse by those who just can’t be bothered to look up the meaning of expressions before using them. Consequently, stupidity won out. And “begging the question” now means something in addition to the original meaning, which was the reason it was coined in the first place. The original coinage dates back to ancient Greece, incidentally.

In much the same way, “irregardless” has made it to the lexicon, despite the fact that it’s a double negative and means “regardless.” Or take an example used by Sarah Palin: “refudiate,” obviously coined by an ignoramus who conflated “refute” and “repudiate.” And “literally” now means “figuratively” as well, due to frequent overuse by idiots.

The Five’s Lisa Booth once said on Twitter, that Hillary Clinton “would literally sell her daughter to be president, literally sell her only child to be president.”

Chelsea Clinton, Hillary’s only child, saw this and said that her mother would do no such thing, and she never doubted that she was the most important part of her mother’s life.

Outraged, Booth insisted that she didn’t mean it literally. Except that she literally used the word “literally.”

So, now we have the word literally meaning figuratively, which is the very word it’s supposed to distinguish it from.

The point of it is, if you’re going to try to talk down to me, it would help if you didn’t fall into idiomatic expressions that came about by the ignorance of those who just couldn’t be bothered to look up the meaning of actual expressions before using them.

Now returning to your argument, the Worgen aren’t cursed. They have a condition, not a curse. Too nuanced for you? I’ll spell it out. In what way are the Worgen cursed? They are accepted in every Alliance capital and by every member of the various Alliance races. They face no discrimination whatsoever except those common to all Alliance races. Their condition causes them no physical hardships, and in fact, several advantages.

It’s a very strange curse that confers no disadvantages and several advantages. These are only rhetorical questions for you to ponder. I expect no answer, and as I implied above, you’re going on my block list as soon as I hit reply.

Life is simply too short to waste time on people whose principle source of gratification is being condescending and rude to people online, only because they would never dare act in such a boorish fashion to someone’s face.

While I’ll admit that my first reply to you contained more snark than perhaps it should have, I obviously misread the intent of your post to be tongue-in-cheek satire, and responded in kind. More to the point, my follow-up attempt at debate was quite civil, despite how you have portrayed it.

I really am a firm believer in this forums purpose of enlightened discussion…and one hopes, an intermix of occasional humor…so for both our sakes, unless the mood improves, this will be my last response to you.

3 Likes

Look at the highmountain taurens. When they recieve a gift from a wild god, in their case, Cenarius, they recieved antlers along side all the benefits from a wild gods blessing.

Worgens on the other hand. They never recieved a direct blessing from Goldrinn, instead the worgen curse resulted in them becoming full on enraged mindless wolf beasts from funneling power off of the tooth of Goldrinn, and by the way, yes, they did originally have tails.

Only reason worgens are tame now is because of a ritual thanks to the night elves, and while sure they seem fine now, they are no longer even concidred human. That whole anger and rage aspect still longers, evident from how spontanius Genn can be at times. Even after death, they are still worgens as we see in Shadowlands. Also the only tame worgens are gilnean worgens/player worgens. You still have a ton of feral worgens in silverpine, duskwoods, ect. Heck, next patch if we go in to the emerald dream, theres a big chance we might see the original primal worgens who have been trapped in there for thousands of years, and i guarantee that they are very angry. The number of tame worgens are a fraction compared to the full on wild ones.

Ive said it before and i’ll say it again, if you want a “cure” for the worgen curse, have Goldrinn give you a blessing. You will have 100% control of your form so you could stay in human form in combat if you really wanted or be partially transformed so specific body parts have that wolf appearance to em, and as a bonus, you could get your optional tail just as taurens got antlers from Cenarius!

3 Likes

I haven’t really seen the aspect of Genn that you describe, except possibly when confronting Sylvanus. And that is more attributed to a grieving father hating the one who murdered his son. (Nice shooting, Syl. Genn was on horseback less than 20 feet away, and you managed to shoot Liam, who was on the ground. Can Sylvanus do anything right? At all?)

I just feel that more should have been done with the Worgen’s human form. What if, for instance, they could not safely navigate in Alliance cities while in lupine form? Seems reasonable to me that the various races of the Alliance would not be too keen on werewolves within their city walls. Something similar was done with the human Death Knights, if you ever created one. At the conclusion of their initial questline, the DKs (at least the human ones), must go through Stormwind to see Varian Wrynn, and the population is (understandably) not too keen on having Undead in their city.

It might have been interesting to see Worgen mechanics spontaneously cause them to revert to human form when moving into the city in order to avoid scaring the population.

Also, since combat causes them to assume lupine form, it might have been a predicament if they should have to fight something while in the city.

But the unconditional acceptance that Worgens have among the population of Stormwind, for instance, is unsettling in its own way. There is a genuine werewolf in the city, and no one even gives it the side-eye.

The Night Elves of Darnassus I could see. Since they’re the ones who cured the Worgen curse. But Stormwind? Ironforge? Exodar, perhaps, since they’re extraterrestrials.

Funnily enough I just rewatched some cinematics. Sylvanis had the perfect chance to get rid of Tyrande while they were distracted during the ardenwield cinematic, instead all they do is just fly away and end up getting themselves almost killed.

The Dracthyr is a perfect example of the city peoples reaction when it comes to beast people, or in this case, dragon people just roaming around the city. While the SI:7 did keep an eye on the dracthyrs due to stormwinds history with dragons, nothing much really came out of it compared to yeah, DKs, who people rightfully had reasons to hate.

The humans of stormwind don’t really have any bad history with the gilnean worgens. Right off the bat they saw em as a ally, specifically because they were already from Gilneas which most are familiar with, and were brought in by the night elves and explained on what’s going on with em beforehand. Sure they may look big and scary, but at this point in the story, you already have druids running around as big scary bears, alien goat men, literal demons roaming around from warlocks, and people riding around on monstrous looking mounts. Only time you will get a reaction out of the towns folks is if you had some bad beef with em before like the DKs.

In the books he definitely shows a lot of anger going on, sometimes transforming in to his worgen form out of pure anger, lately thought after spending time with Anduin he’s settled down more, especially with there being less conflict going on.

My favorite fubar of Sylvanas was the resurrection of Lord Godfrey. I remember the first time I created a Worgen, I was doing the low-level dungeon with Lord Godfrey as the final boss.

I didn’t understand this, as there was no confusing this final boss with the Lord Godfrey of Gilneas, and I thought, “Why did the Devs create two characters with the same name?”

Then I asked if this was the same Lord Godfrey, seeing this Lord Godfrey also had the same passion for firearms as the Gilnean version. Without further explanation, the tank said, “Yes.”

It wasn’t until I decided to make my first Undead character that I learned the truth. The Undead may be the most repulsive race in all of Azeroth, but they have the very best introductory quest line. That is some seriously good story telling. And the way it is interwoven with the Worgen introductory questline.

Unfortunately, this story also makes me suspect that Sylvanus must have died due to traumatic brain injury. She resurrected a known traitor, then has the nerve to act surprised when he betrays and kills her (as much as an undead person can be killed). Uh, Syl? That’s what traitors do. Lord Godfrey betrayed his King. So, you resurrect him and it never even enters your head that he might also betray his Queen. Duh.

Syl’s love life when she was alive must have been absolute hell. She trusts unconditionally, regardless of someone’s history and never learns from mistakes.

Perhaps he sees something in Anduin that reminds him of Liam? I still think you need to cut him some slack. I feel that a parent who has buried a child is suffering the worst grief a human being can suffer.

Can we stop feeding the troll? I mean he went on a rant about stuff that has nothing to do with the topic so obviously he’s just trying to stir up trouble. Let’s get back on topic with worgen deserve optional tails and the males to get an upright posture

4 Likes