Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

Y’know what else I’d like? A language for the Worgen.
‘Worgish’? ‘Old Common’? Hmmm…

Im sorry, but this just exemplifies my previous points.

Worgen getting a optional tail takes nothing away from current tailless worgen, Genn is still the same character as a worgen without a tail.

5 Likes

So in your opinion, anyone that wants a relatively minor change to a race they enjoy playing should no longer be permitted to do so, and be forced to play something very different, and on the opposite faction from their friends. Nice.

Those in favor of the tail option have pretty much unanimously agreed that it should be an option, so that those not in favor of it won’t be forced into it. The sharp disparity between their magnanimity and your selfishness is telling.

6 Likes

To me they are lycans.

If they added tails, even as an option, they wouldn’t resemble lycans anymore. I’d stop playing mine, because I’d see non-lycans with tails running around, and that would destroy their lycan-ness in the lore.

I think they are fine. I like them as they are, I’m arguing to keep them as-is.

I just like the original versions and want no changes, and if that makes me an awful person, so be it.

Sure, call me selfish. It’s an option that would ruin the race for me, optional or not.

If they added a whole other tribe of feral perma-worgens with tails as a new allied race but left Gilnean worgen tailless, I’d be fine with that.

1 Like

To be fair, they added tails to non tailed pandarens, which ontop of lore reason, there are actual real life reasons red pandas are the only ones that have tails, just like only red pandarens in the past had tails till they expanded it to all female pandaren. Funnily enough no one ever argued about that. Still waiting for male pandarens getting tails Blizzard.

A few of us discussed this very much being a possibility in 10.2 since theres heavy hints we’re going in to the emerald dreams, and whats locked away in the deepest parts of the emerald dream? The original worgens.

Honestly just like dracthyr possibly getting more races for their visage form in the future as they hinted at, we may get new race options for the non worgen form for worgens in the form of night elves, ontop of getting tail options and a bunch more customization options that got scrapped during Shadowlands that we were supposed to get.

5 Likes

I think those where planned Death Knight colors but at the same time they made DK hair a universal thing for every race so they just spread them around.

Vulpera can already be purple-ish so blue would not be too far off.

It would also make sense if they could have bigger head scruff that they could style. (And they should do the same for Worgen hair/manes)

1 Like

Solid black fur colorization for worgi is finally arriving. 5 new fur colors for worgi next patch.

Now just need tails!

4 Likes
6 Likes

I don’t like that they’re adding scars as a skin but the rest are pretty good.

3 Likes

You know we had one in beta for Cata… It was just as corny as you would think. Bark, Yip, Woof.

As to the people saying once again no tails… That’s why we want it to be optional. You want a monkey butt on your character… Go for it. If its made optional anyone can choose what look they want. I would opt to have a tail.

The concept art had tails and having them be optional would mean you get to choose what you want to look like.

#GiveWorgenOptionalTails!
#GiveWorgenaLoreCorrectSize!

3 Likes

Both are good, the striped one reminds me of a gnoll fur color, and is that a true black worgen fur ?

It looked more of a darkish-blue on the PTR. There’s also one missing from those images: very similar to the first one with the scars, but is more white overall, with pinkish-brown areas.

5 Likes

There is no such thing as a canid race without a tail though fictional or not but hey whatever… we can all see you’re stubborn with some kind of personal bias

4 Likes

Yeah pretty much this…I couldn’t put it any better honestly. What most our of anti tail folk have been lately. We explain we want it optional and nope they stubbornly persist

7 Likes

Sadly no…that’s not the same logic at all as Worgen are and have always been a beastial race…they’re wolf people where as humans, elves, gnomes, and dwarves are not by any means beastial. Giving wolf people an optional tail makes sense as wolves have tails and the original night elven worgen had tails as worgen in themselves come from a druidic magic turned curse and all druid forms got tails so it only seems right. Your logic is flawed if you think worgen asking for optional tails is the same as if dwarves and gnomes asked for them

5 Likes

What a lot of people fail to understand is what my character looks like will not effect you in any way. Customization options let people make their characters look the way they desire them to look. Just the other day one of my viewers in Twitch surprised me with a shocker:

That is my character Asheru Swiftwind added as a player model for Project Zomboid. And before its said its just a generic wolf character, that is my face pattern and hairstyle.

Its the uniqueness of making the character your own by adding little touches that put a personalized spin on the character. And getting to make that choice between a tail or not a tail would add personality to Worgen characters. It also would allow the anti tail group to keep the current look and be happy so both sides win.

6 Likes

Oh god here we go again…another person claiming something as minor as a tail would destroy the lore… are we sure he’s not some troll alt of one of the others at this point as they all say garbage like this lately?

7 Likes

Draenei are getting warlocks. Lore doesn’t matter anymore. GIVE US OUR TAILS

10 Likes

yeah and pandaren are getting to be warlocks too so you can for sure see Lore means nothing anymore as it can always be rewritten, give worgen their optional tails.

4 Likes

(My guild got wowhead news bot for disc so it pops up when ever there’s something new)

6 Likes