Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

I’m just putting my 2-cents in here-

I play a Worgen because they don’t have tails. It’s unique, they aren’t like wolf-men from any other game really.

Also, I can just swap to human at any time out of combat.

Which is half of my identity.

You want a tail? Go play a Vulpera. (Seems that’s what most of those players did anyway, lol.)

Worgen haven’t ever had tails in WoW- that’s facts. Maybe in the artwork, but that’s due to artistic expression. Actual worgen haven’t really ever had tails, aside from books and stuff where they often forget the source material- the game itself.

3 Likes

is this some kind of chewbacca defense

5 Likes

Give Orcs Paladins.

lightforged orcs are the next allied race

Guess what everything in a fantasy world is. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Curious George was also a breed of monkey that don’t got tails to begin with where as worgen are wolf people. Of course nobody asked for the monkey to get a tail as he was fine without one but to deny a wolf person their tail yet make them pose and move as if one was meant to exist on them is another thing entirely

4 Likes

The original worgen were the night elf ones that we’ve never seen in game only in art and they had tails in said art. The ones we saw in vanilla to wrath were humans effected by the curse and as we all knows curses can change over time when the details of the curse’s nature are changed or what have you. You’re free to play with your no tail worgen as we’re not asking tails be forced upon all but given to us as an optional choice so those of us who want a tail may have one and those like yourself who don’t won’t need to worry.

On another note though they gave more cosmetic appearances to nightborne and dark iron…is this a sign we may get what we’re asking for or are they seriously only giving hair colors?

5 Likes

It’s not in-game in WoW.

I’d stop playing my Worgen if he had a tail, tbh. I just think it’d be weird.

(Does it go up his butt when he turns back? I’d have more questions. Humans don’t have tails and it makes more sense for them not do as Worgen. This is just me. I’m glad Blizzard’s brand of wolf-men don’t have tails.)

Like Vulpera weird. I don’t play one of those for a reason, too.

Just preferences, I’m glad it’s this way.

Nobody wants you to have something you don’t want anymore than we want to remove the bald option from humans.

1 Like

forgive me for saying this…but did you know one of the male worgen jokes is asking if folk are into furries? I used a transmorphic potion while leveling last night and I found it quite funny hearing this as whether worgen got tails or not people assume everyone who plays worgen or vulpera and the like to be furries. Think it’s clear to see the devs will do whatever they please but again the tail we’re asking for is optional…you won’t need to have one if you don’t wish to

4 Likes

I know there’s a fine line with that kind of stuff.

I feel like Vulpera exist for people who want tails, again. Worgen not having tails is keeping inline with their human-ness.

Since I was a child playing Vanilla, seeing these Sons of Arugal in Silverpine is very nostalgic to me- to me, WoW Worgen never had tails. That’s never been part of what a Worgen is. To me, I’ve never seen them that way.

I just have no desire to see it done.

Edit: Just wanted to add, Blizzard’s Worgen are moreso like Underworld’s Lycans than anything else I’ve seen. They are tailless as well. I loved Rise of the Underworld’s Lycans.

1 Like

I’d sell that human-ness aspect in a heartbeat as I play worgen for the werewolf form not the human one but again the tails would be optional as to not violate anyone’s story of their character

4 Likes

Yeah see, to me that’s just a giant Vulpera and that’s not what I want to be, lol.

This patch added that automatic human-form when not in combat, and I love it.

Indeed, a new optional thing, which is what we’re asking for. :smiley:

I myself will never touch the human form thing but I’m happy for the people that got it. It doesn’t effect my game play experience.

6 Likes

…meh…to each their own. A giant vulpera sounds interesting though but this thread is for asking for worgen to get optional tails not for vulpera to get more height lol

5 Likes

vulpera run weird

Worgen don’t deserve tails.

the lich king should’ve left you in the ground

2 Likes

Worgens, just like Pandaren, should have the option to have and not have a tail. :smiley:

5 Likes

And male ones should have a tail option too.

It’s weird that they don’t.

3 Likes