Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

Give Worgen Tails!

3 Likes

Samwise as drawn Worgen with tails several times. A lot of artists often give Worgen tails in official art by mistake because they, you know, think they should have them. Golden mistakenly referred to Genn having a tail in a novel, because again, her mind slipped and assumed he would have one.

Worgen should at least have the option to have a tail.

7 Likes

Yeah, doesn’t look that bad.

13 Likes

This is just torture to watch…
Why isn’t this in the game already :sob:

3 Likes

Hopefully Blizzard can manage to do at least a similar job to some random on the internet. You’re going to have to fish through it if you want to see, but there are some actual animated ones in this post somewhere.

3 Likes

Gib. Wuggos. Tails!

2 Likes

you had every race to choose from, and you chose the worst one. you can’t even say its because of not having a tail because you chose a race that… doesn’t have a tail

1 Like

Come on Blizzard why is it my main a Vulpera can have a nice fluffy tail shakes tail yet these Worgen can’t even get an optional one I have a Worgen alt and if she had even an optional tail get played a lot more.

3 Likes

Seems its been awhile since I showed off my list… Might as well again!

Worgen customization list
Still a work in progress.

Customizations:

Tail Options

• Optional Tails, Including a No Tail Toggle, and varying appearances for said tails.

Apperance can come in two parts.
None, Short, Medium and Long sizes.
Thin, Fluffy and Curled Shapes.

• Accessories for the tails.

Rose for the tail, little bits of jewelry for the tail. That sort of thing.

Body and Fur

• Upright Posture.
  • Correct Eight Foot Tall Size.
  • Solid Black Fur.
  • Shaggier Fur options.
  • Optional Ears On The Top Of The Head.

Hair and Head

• Larger more visible braids/patches/extensions for hair.
  • More hair decorations/accesories (small hats and roses for example).
  • Separate Beard options and add more beard styles.
  • Mane Color options.
  • Heterchromia Eyes for all sides and colors.
  • Blind Options for both sides and all colors.
  • More Glowing Eye options.
  • More Muzzle shapes.
  • More Natural Teeth Option (Thinking More like Genn).
  • No teeth showing muzzle option.

• More Ear Options and Shapes.
  • Separate Scars from Faces.
  • More facial scars and damaged ear options.
  • Large body scars/bite marks/claw marks. We’re worgen… like for real.
  • Visible corresponding scars in human form!!!

Jewelry

• Jewelry options for male and female.
  • Gilnean Rose for our hair.

Other

• Add The Melee Claw Animation.
  • A No Weapons Transmog.

Classes:

• Monk

We’re getting Monks in 10.07!!! Bout damned time!

• Paladin

The Gilnean’s were around when the Silver Hand was made. Let us have our paladins damnit! They already claimed that the curse doesn’t stop the priests from being able to be holy. They can also go the route of Void Knights with this since the Worgen often have shadowcasters among their number of the feral ones.

• Shaman

Hey it worked for the Kul’Tirans right? No reason we can’t learn. (Also there is a Worgen Shaman in Ashenvale…) Lets get all these classes for the Worgen!

Feel free to ask me to add more things.

15 Likes

I almost went vulpera.

I went from werewolf tro vampire

I think you have the wrong idea. I’m not saying they shouldn’t give worgen tails. I’m just thinking of the reasoning as to why they currently don’t have them and why the devs possibly want to keep it the way it in terms of in game lore and stuff.

Couldn’t care less wether they get them or not. However, I do want to see them add posture options for the male worgen. That hunch makes every mog look terrible on them.

1 Like

When it comes to the devs, the reason has to do with how much of a bad job they did in Shadowlands with worgens, where every core race got loads of customizations and unique things, worgens only got a handful of fur retextures and eye options, which you can’t evene pick as a dk, so just fur options for me. Theres still hidden files for more customization options for worgens such as the solid black fur thats in there right now, but instead of a second batch of customization like they said we would get, they abandoned that and worked on Dracthyr instead.

In terms of lore, before becoming worgens, they originally had tails in pact form. One thing I can think of is the fact that the worgen transformation is a curse. A twisted image of Goldrinn essentially. If you wanted tails, it may be possible that just like Highmountain Taurens and their antlers they got from Cenarius blessing, worgens could possibly get tails as a blessing from Goldrinn.

Tons of different ideas you can pull from the lore seeing as Goldrinn himself has a tail, along with the original pact form.

7 Likes

Not to mention Worgen druids should use pack form rather than some maned cat form. I understand when Worgen druids were introduced Blizzard had no time left and very little was done with the Worgen race but just slapping manes on Night Elf druid forms was about as lazy as slapping horns on Tauren Druid forms. Now that they have shown what they can do with Zandi and Kul’Tir druids they should go back and update the druid forms for Tauren and Worgen.

6 Likes

Hope good posture for males is a blessing of Goldrinn as well.

1 Like

Goardahkar have you seen the other request we have on the Worgen customization thread? Albien posts a smaller version of it but it covers the basics of what Worgen players are asking for.

2 Likes

Worgen deserve more love tbh, they lack a LOT of customization options, their hair options don’t change that much, the fur color looks similar, it’s like blizzard said “they can switch back to human form, that’s enough customization” but you’ll be playing as a wolf all the time. I agree with this so much. Also if dracthyr have a spell they can automatically switch from dragon to visage form, why worgen can’t?

4 Likes

Shame
:bat: :dagger: :wolf:

1 Like

Forget Tails, give the Worgen to the Horde and You can have the Trolls.

Fair?!?!

Their whole aesthetic fit the Horde really well. I’d love to see them on the red side. Male Worgen need a straight back, though. Just like Orcs.

I would trade them for Vulpera. :fox_face: :wolf:

Not Vulpera though. They are cute and fluffy and we need one cute and fluffy member of the Horde. Trolls are just… Ugly. Let them go.

Oh, and when we get Worgens, please make sure they come with tails.