Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

Worgen used to be human. They’re worgen now.

Thats been very obvious in all the lore and what we see.

One of the reasons I hate our heritage questline so much is how they make us feel like we’re a problem, or a mistake.

I hate it.

4 Likes

Ah, I see. Well, regarding the story Shadowbringers and Endwalker are simply breathtaking. Can’t really compare ff’s story with the mess that is wow.
Since story and player housing are the main things I enjoy about that game (along with having actual customization options unlike here in wow…) I kept playing. :slight_smile:

However I do agree that playable races as a whole are rather uncreative. If you like humans and elves you will be fine. If you prefer anthropomorphic races however… there isn’t really much to choose from.
I’d love to see Lupin added. Of course that race would need an overhaul, but the request is there and as you said, it’s basically free money for Square Enix. Especially since ff14 doesn’t really have beastly animals apart from Hrothgar.

1 Like

Well, Goku is an alien and a cartoon. And sun wulong is a full on monkey deity, so no real relation to humans (these two are fictional and I meant seeing a human with a tail in real life).

Also, I meant that playable worgen are based on the humans they once were, with specific wolf characteristics because of the nature of the curse. A tail is not needed for a worgen to be deadlier or better at hunting so the curse likely omitted it since the human it affected didn’t have one in the first place

1 Like

Are you threatening me?!

1 Like

And thats why this post wants it to be optional so people can choose if they want one or not. The concept art for Worgen had tails and tails look fine on the model. Thing is Blizzard ran out of development time with Worgen and rushed out a subpar model we were trapped with for 10 years. Now that we have the better HD model it’s time for more and new options.

5 Likes

As someone who has mained a Worgen for what feels like ever…no…don’t give us tails.

1 Like

“Please don’t give other players certain options!!! Because if other players have more fun with more options I will have less fun, even though I will still have the choice to look like I do right now!” :pleading_face:

You only ever see such behavior from wow players. Jeez…

13 Likes

Humans. Have. Tail. Bones.

In. Real. Life.

(humans are often born with vestigial tails too… It’s actually fairly common.)

Also this isn’t accurate.

5 Likes

Why not optional choices. That way in my case I would like a tail. Cool I get what I want and am happy with my character. In your case when its optional you can choose to keep the current look of your model what makes you happy. There is 0 bad things when it comes to being optional. You keep your monkey butt I get a tail. Everyone is happy and gets to enjoy customization with the look of the character they want.

4 Likes

Give Worgen tails.

3 Likes

As someone who has played wow since day 1 and race changed in to worgen the second after I hit realm first level 85…yes…give us OPTIONAL tails.

5 Likes

I really wish to have a word with the writer responsible of this questline.
It was advertized as a celebration of the race but instead it put the worgen form in a very negative light, maybe hinting its extinction in one or two generations.

It’s as the writer wanted to express all his hatred for the race to the players.
That’s why i am not optimistic for the return to Gilneas, i bet that in one way or another, they will make the worgens to kiss the foots of the Forsakens for giving us back Gilneas instead of us reclaiming the land with our own hand.

sigh I wonder if in the 10.0.7, the devs will give us additionnal fur colors.
And if they do, i expect that they will not be like the overflashy hair colors that are coming.

6 Likes

Give worgen tails.

5 Likes

tail bones, but no actual tail. The bones are just leftovers of evolution and are only the end bit of our spine now.

and I imagine the vestigial one people sometimes get are usually removed soon after birth as they could be an issue for your spine (and they likely look really creepy).

If the curse didn’t take the original form into account then why aren’t worgens full on wolves? And the stature and build resemble that of their previous selves, as female worgen are a lot slimer than males. This could also explain the retention of vocal cords that can be used for perfect human speech, which canines wouldn’t be able to do even if they had the mental capacity to do so.

1 Like

As someone who has mained worgen since Cata launched, and was a vocal and outspoken proponent of improving the race before that expansion even left beta; give Worgen tail options.

2 Likes

BIG FLUFFY TAILS!
Why should vulpera have ALL the fun?

I say this only so that when I see them in PvP I can grab something if they try and run away.

1 Like

Simultaneously claiming they change because of magic and don’t because it’s inconvenient to your invalid argument.

Amazing.

Does it hurt much to drag those goal posts so far?

5 Likes

I’m just thinking about it in a realistic sort of way. Sure its kind of dumb to do so when talking about fantasy, but saying its magic so it can do whatever it wants is lazy and boring.

It also makes sense to me that they keep traits from a mythological/traditional standpoint. Worgen are WoWs version of werewolves, which in almost every case means that they would have characteristics of their previous form.

and sure, these assumptions may be inaccurate to what the devs envisioned, but there’s nothing that disproves what im saying.

I just couldn’t do it anymore… I’m sorry.

If its using the “host” for traits then they should have the right number of toes and fingers… like wolves and humans have. (Doggoes have a dew claw which is more or less the thumb digits claw.)

They should also be able to use the very real very existent tail of humans (Vestigial and fused though it may be.) to morph from like a tail of wolves.

And werewolves, even in the old stories from whence current media drags them from, both had and did not have tails depending on whom the story came from if you look into it beyond the wikipedia article. (do not use wikipedia folks its wildly inaccurate.)

Nothing you’re talking about is rooted in any sort of sense.

And it doesn’t matter anyways, cause its WoW and magic is where it comes from. This change, this little, tiny, aesthetic change, does absolutely nothing to current worgen… cause it will be optional.

4 Likes