Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

Best joke out of this is the following:

Got to love when a company ignores there own contracts.

12 Likes

I have a feeling it was meant as a friendly jab at the writers friend (or themselves). The sting of it is because we don’t have that friendly familiarity that can allow for meaner jokes. Without that it just feels like a mock at worgen who’ve been asking for such customization (or any) since day 1.

My big worry is the toxic players who will absolutely take this as a chance to spam worgen players PMs with this joke.

2 Likes

One does not simply make fun of the Worgen tail thread. There is evil there that does not sleep. And the Furry eye is ever watchful. Tis a barren wasteland. Riddled with fire, ash, and dust. And every post you read is a poison fume. Not with 10,000 tails could you make them happy, it is folly!!

2 Likes

Honestly I’m still hopeful. If Blizzard literally spent millions of dollars to promote a tailed worgen in their official game and plastered it all over the place in ads, then hey, there’s still hope. For now at this point we just try to get a actual response from a blue post or a dev themself.

9 Likes

Back when I played beta cataclysm i swore they had tails but I must be mistaken or something. Its weird i really believe they did. But I am in full support of worgen having a tail. It would look great.

3 Likes

You have to remember that the Hearthstone team is not the same as the WoW team (at least as far as i know) and that they threw some jabs to the WoW team (albeit i do not remember when i saw this).
A worgen tail could be one of them with someone in the HS team wanting it to happen.

But it’s also true that the WoW team take things form HS like the League of Explorers so it’s still possible to see something for the worgens.

1 Like

Not just that either, but in Dragonflight, the beta right now there are npc’s and stuff that are 100% carried over from Hearthstone over to Dragonflight, that includes a major Hearthstone antagonist that, funnily enough, had major plans in Hearthstone to bring back a certain dragon that people have been speculating coming back in some way shape or form this expansion, which is huge.

4 Likes

The concept art had a tail. The model never did but as I said Blizzard ran out of time to do right by Worgen.

21 Likes

Just make that optional. Let people choose if they want a tail or not.

8 Likes

#GiveWorgensTails

3 Likes

I was for it but now I hate it

1 Like

Blizzard is really effed up.

That new dracthyr voice line? They haven’t said a single thing ONCE. Not a single official statement. NOT ONE! Until a new race comes out and they make fun of us on it. Way to add insult to injury. Ignore us for such a long time and then a backhanded jack in reference to us while still ignoring us. This is one of if not the biggest threads with the most upvotes on these forums.

If that joke goes live that’s probably the final nail in the coffin cuz it won’t make any sense if they finally give us tails.

So freaking rude.

11 Likes

Why not just do what the void elfs did and complain with demands and lot of whining I mean it worked for them and Blizzard caved to give them fake high elves.

I’d word this more like that’s what Void Elves did to get fake High Elves and in turn ruined Void Elves but I get what you mean otherwise.

3 Likes

Honestly, with how much attention is on worgen right now im sure someone from blizzards team will see how much this action they did really will mess them up. I was excited for dragonflight but now im not anymore because now I know Dracthyr were modeled and made just to mock the worgen players.

#GiveWorgenTails

Ontop of that they caused an even bigger war between the playerbase who do want tails and the ones who don’t, it truly is sad to see that the one customization we want probably won’t be implemented and the after affects of their “Answer” to us is toxic people being like “thank god these furries won’t get what they want!” And “Look how mad these fools are over a joke!”

I’m already sick of being outcasted and bullied because I decided to play a race I like, I started playing WoW when I was 7 and thought the cute werewolf race was amazing so I played it, if I would’ve known I would have years of people harrassing me because I played the werewolf race my 7 year old brain picked out I would’nt have picked it.

(Geez they really got to add autocorrect to this)

11 Likes

So
 is this the new elf thread? What’s with all the elf stuff?

1 Like

The Worgen player base really has had to go through a lot.

They change their models to hideous perma-snarls with ridiculous amounts of bugs at the last few months of Cata beta despite player feedback.

Then Worgen barely exist outside of their starting area with a few little spots of unrelated zones. While only getting a single tree in a corner of Darnassus.

The conclusion of the Gilneas invasion story is only available in Forsaken quest.

The got their model update skipped over in WoD, finally getting it fixed in BFA, after 10 years of asking.

They had almost no lore or involvement in the story until Legion, getting their storyline in WoD cut.

Then their new home is burned down with Teldrassil. And the one who did it basically has to do what the players where doing the whole Xpac.

The Colors on the Heritage Armor do not fit Worgen or Gilneas at all and the intro quest is all about how being a Worgen is not important for the Kingdom as the Heir to the throne rejects becoming one, ignoring that every player doing the quest IS a Worgen.

They only really get some Eye Colors and Fur Colors/Patterns for the Customization pass. Leaving them with some of the least customizations of any playable races.

They are sorta kinda given their home back as a mention rather then getting it back themselves after the Alliance Players help restore the Forsakens Home.

Then Blizzard makes an in game joke specifically about a comunity of them wanting a customization option.

You can see why reactions would be bad.

Edit: Fixed some timeline mistakes.

18 Likes

I’ll do you one better, give Kul Tirans tails!

Just give tails blizzard.

#GiveWorgenTails