Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

Also another thing that shows that Genn himself having a tail was a mistake, and not ment as “all worgens don’t have tails” is this comment from Ion in a interview showing that if they added in something, it will be reflected on the towns folks, but not major characters.

3 Likes

The dracthyr joke doesn’t mean tails will never be added. It’s ambiguous that the wolf person they showed it to didn’t have a tail but not that all wolf people don’t have tails. Maybe they’re one of the worgen without a tail and are sad they don’t have one.

Doesn’t mean they will be added, doesn’t mean they have any plans on adding them. But do remember that when Shadowlands was failing in the middle of its lifespan they hit the quick eject on a bunch of customizations when they said they had no plans for additional customizations in SL.

1 Like

I merely reminded you that their position on the Worgen and their lack of a tail has been established in the past. It’s entirely up to Blizzard if a fundamental change like adding tails to the Worgen is something they’re open to.

I will agree, though, that Blizzard should exercise more tact and not antagonize their player base, even if their intentions were a bit of humor.

If you read the tweet, you’d know that she quite clearly states, “Worgen do not have tails.”

2 Likes

While they don’t always respond which is annoying, I don’t think they actively ignore it.

I think they have more than one camp on many different issues among their number and some of them are stubborn. Players need to keep up pressure and in time Blizzard will realize that its not a bad thing to give options to players even if they don’t mesh perfectly with some peoples vision.

They’re not connected directly dude.

Blizzard is clearly aware of the request. So they made a joke.

What they probably weren’t aware of when making it was that it would get a response that would be potentially widely negative.

There isn’t a single issue with what I said.

Is it mockery or just a joke?

I think you’re attaching way too much intent.

They thought it was funny. Thats all I see here. I think they were off the mark but others might not care as much.

Pump the brakes there friend.

Not a big deal for me, or in the wider conversation on whether or not worgen have or dont or could or couldn’t have tails this joke isn’t a big deal.

It doesn’t really amount to much in the wider scheme of things. Blizzard has often done things in opposition to something else in the game and jokes have never been serious.

Now, it may be a big deal to you and a very insulting thing to you. Thats fine. You’re valid. Ain’t trying to tell you how to feel and I apologize if it sounded that way.

Be loud. Be angry. Let Blizzard know it.

This right here. ^^^^

I personally am not putting much faith in that during DF, but I’ve been wrong before.

I’m betting it’ll mostly come in prepatch for 11.0 or during the next expac.

And I don’t count reused model assets as elf customization until they’re on an elf, personally.

This is how a lot of people I’m betting feel. Very valid. I also think that the joke is immensely tone deaf considering how long people have been asking and asking.

It rings similar to the high elf folk asking for things and Blizzard saying just play horde.

Or blizzard asking if people have phones.

They’re missing the heart of the issue and think its appropriate to make jokes when people are actually kinda pissed off about it.

Sure! Skin tone changes, eye color changes, new hair cuts! None of those were given lore reasons and such. :3

Then of course the changes to the Nightborne faces and what not, never given a lore reason for that either.

As I thought, you have nothing of substance to add. Good luck getting your NPC quality models.

As I thought, you have nothing of substance to add. Good luck getting that tail.

2 Likes

It is absolutely a mockery.

mock·er·y
/ˈmäk(ə)rē/
noun: mockery; plural noun: mockeries

1. teasing and contemptuous language or behavior directed at a particular person or thing.

Phrases

make a mockery of — make (something) seem foolish or absurd.

Player nightbourne faces are completely different of that on the npc’s for one, glowing hands, while that was later added in, for some odd reason wasn’t in on release when it should have been, funnily enough I saw people actually complain about that too, eyes, just look at em, it’s completely off from the original. One thing I do see people asking for is more skin options than that of the original nightbourne colors already on the original npcs. There’s actually quite a lot to nitpick about the nightbourne player model that have no rime or reason to be like that.

Also if you were looking for a change that’s similar in vain to the worgen tail request is the boneless undeads and straight posture orcs that have been added in, and now race specific druid forms which seems to be a thing now which never was in the beginning that all of a sudden started popping up. Now to push it even further, you have every race/class combination incoming which is arguable even bigger than the tail request that no one thought would ever happen/people thought shouldn’t happen.

2 Likes

I asked the original poster of that message to provide me of an example of, in their words, of an “elf change” or “Nightborne fix” that was implemented that is comparable to adding tails to the Worgen, which is a fundamental change to their design; the answer is you can’t.

This is the last +1 I’m giving this thread, as this topic isn’t worth my time or attention. I guess that’s one thing Blizzard and I see eye to eye on. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

The thing to note about this whole affair is that inside a bubble this joke would make no sense. In-game, the worgen would logically not know what they are missing. It was a joke directed at the players. A wisecrack, if you will.

I can only wonder what internal decision fueled this choice and if they had an inkling of how it would be received.

7 Likes

Random Elf #65234564363562134672 can’t have a valid discussion so they run their mouth proving elves came from trolls and leaves the post. Waves goodbye while laughing Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

4 Likes

Bumping to support this petition!

3 Likes

I thought this thread was going to be deleted.

This thead was the petition. And it lost.

3 Likes

The way some people are being extremely toxic, it might just be, it’s not a good look even for the people that are angry about it, especially the ones attacking people personally and Blizzard because it’s inappropriate.

5 Likes

They’re upset because they feel cheated.

For a long time they all kind of just bonded with eachother about this, especially in this thread and felt like as an army of posts and ceaseless demanding that they were winning. They recently got excited about getting this thread over 10k replies, waiting on that Blue Post.

Well they got the Blue Post. A mocking joke directed towards them with zero give to what they wanted. All that effort shut down with a single voiceline.

4 Likes

Void Elves, a Alliance race, being able to become Dark Rangers isn’t on that same level? If you wanted to make sense of it, let Alliance be able to play undeads, but nope, for some weird reason it’s just the Dark Rangers, which that wasn’t even given a good explanation on.

Am I upset that they ended up getting Dark Rangers? No actually. As a matter of fact I’m happy whenever I see someone get new customization options because it shows Blizzard is at least willing to give the players long requested options that, by the way, was also poked fun at by Blizzard in the past when people tried to request both that and high elves as a option.

More customization, that’s all we’re asking coming from the the race that only got fur option in the first initial batch of customization.

3 Likes

Leatherworkers should be able to craft tails for Worgen.

It’s gaslighting and it’s cyber bullying toward players that have a genuine interest in playing a game specifically created for high fantasy.

1 Like

Even if Blizzard saw this post of yours they would only diminish it as “making a big deal over a joke”.

No doubt they’re laughing and chuckling to each other about this in the coffee lounge during their break.

Exactly. This was directly targeted at this post. Had they done a number of other customization options and put worgen more in line with other races, but left this out, I’d take the jibe in good humor and accept this is one they are going to insist on leaving out.

3 Likes