Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

Not a big deal? Open your eyes… incase you cant see it already, it IS a big deal. There is a reason why the majority of new topics today are about this. You and others trying to say “its not a big deal” is quite frankly, insulting and insensitive.

1 Like

a better argument is that they’re druid-curse-afflicted humans, and since humans don’t have tails they should’nt either.

HOWEVER! every druid form that we’ve seen in-game has tails except for worgen, so… it does’nt exactly hold that-much water to me.

also, i’ve seen a good handful of official art for worgen with tails so it would make sense if they had’em, and it would’nt hurt to add a tail option… or various tail options.

10 Likes

I’m fairly certain that there is more official art depicting them with tails than without… and I’m not talking fan art or commissioned art for Hearthstone… nearly every piece of original worgen concept art for Cataclysm had tails… many of their animations have movments that imply a tail was intended (and if viewed with a modified model that has a tail, it can be seen clearly that the animations are made to have a tail)

3 Likes

All we’re asking for is for it to be OPTIONAL. We’re not forcing it on anyone, just like you didn’t force every player to be a boneless undead or every orc to be straight back orcs, we just want the option to have a tail.

10 Likes

One day my worgen will be able to wag her tail while shes running, walking, or even standing still. My worgen will be able to express herself and be seen as more of a wolf rather than a half baked cute chihuahua. Blizzard give us our tails, and more customization!

#GiveWorgenTails
#GiveWorgenMoreWorgenCustomization
#GiveTheWorgenWhatTheyWant

3 Likes

Bet we see another elf customization option some time during DF. (OH wait kinda are already coming with visage forms innit? :3) Probably will see more too.

1 Like

The biggest problem of this entire endeavor is that blizzard chose to make a joke instead of answering truthfully to our pleads and wishes. I do not care for the joke, I care for the fact that we’ve been ignored and then teased after being ignored for years. What kind of answer to this thread is that blizzard? Just say yes or no. You didn’t have to spend however much money to make a voice line to mock us when you could’ve taken 10 seconds to write “Yes” or “No”.

#GiveWorgenTails

10 Likes

I feel like the Dracthyr joke is the final nail in the coffin for Worgen tails. They literally paid a voice actor for their time to record a line joking about the Worgen’s lack of a tail. Ouch.

If they planned on adding tails for the Worgen, they wouldn’t have recorded the line. If they plan to add tails in the future, the voice line would no longer make sense, which would make recording it pretty pointless. Food for thought.

Skyrim werewolves have tails.

I just said pretty much the same thing in another thread, and I’ll re-post the text from that here as well:

I would further add that I believe the real reason so many find the joke to be offensive is Blizzard’s lack of communication in this affair. The ‘give Worgen tails’ thread is two years old. That bears repeating; two years old, and ten thousand posts strong…and in all that time, they have never given the players even an inkling that they have heard the player-base, or even care. Then when they finally do respond? It is with mockery.

No quick blue post saying ‘we’ll think about it’, or a ‘we plan to, but it’s far down the road’…not even a ‘it’s never going to happen’. Just a punchline uttered by a race that does have a tail, and from what I understand, even uses the same frame as the Worgen model…an indication that it could work, if they were inclined to do so.

So much for a more communicative and responsive means of game management, eh?

7 Likes

They’ve communicated their position that Worgen in the World of Warcraft universe do not have tails. I don’t think it gets any clearer than that. I don’t personally care whether or not Worgen get tails, but to say that they haven’t communicated anything on the subject isn’t quite true.

What happened in this thread is that forum posters believed lobbying for a character model change Blizzard has stated they’re not aligned with would get them to change their stance.

2 Likes

And that is exactly the reason why Blizzard is my #1 most hated company. The true joke is them.

#GiveWorgenTails

1 Like

Genuine questions, who has said officially that worgen do not have tails from blizzard?

Same thing could be said about basically all the elf changes, et tu? Not to mention the Nightborne ‘fixes’.

Christie Golden, writer of several World of Warcraft based novels. I know that you know the tweet.

Name an “elf change” or “Nightborne fix” you could say is of the same vein as adding tails to the Worgen? I feel like you think you made a good point, but you really didn’t.

1 Like

The thing with this thought is this is just a quick voice line that they’ve shown in the past that they just pull in random interns in the office to do voice recordings and put it in the game.

The biggest thing was when they not only added in MORE tailed worgens in to the Hearthstone, but the main selling ad featured a tailed worgen all over the internet from twitter to facebook to youtube ads, everywhere I looked I would see this tailed worgen, which btw also sold as a portrait you can buy in the blizzard store. This one definitely had to go through many higher ups and peer reviews before they let it through, and they let it go through.

It’s why so many people were hopeful that they were finally gonna add in tails on worgens. Many of us saw it as a confirmation.

2 Likes

Really? They’ve unequivocally stated that since players began to request a change? I’m fully aware that the prior position was tailless-ness…but it was also true that there were once no straight-spine orcs, no troll druids, no Tauren with antlers, and no playable goblins.

Policy can and does change. The point I made was that Blizzard has rudely ignored a popular customization request for well over two years, only to finally respond with mockery. That’s simply disrespectful.

3 Likes

It seems that i missed a lot in 24h, so the only answer from Blizzard is an offending joke toward a part of their community.

They are not smart enough to just say yes or no to a request? I really overestimated their intelligence.

Well, i send a message on their twitter to tell them how offending it is and you should do the same.
If we complain enough, maybe they will remove this line.

1 Like

Christine Golden also later said this. Her mistake was that she gave Genn a tail, which if they added in tails, he still wouldn’t get one as Blizzard themselves have said that if they add in a new customization, they won’t put it on current well known characters, but will instead pretend as if it’s always been there for the town folks of major cities.

3 Likes

That tweet was to correct a mistake that Christie Golden herself wrote in the book regarding Genn, even she thought worgen have tails, she never said worgen can never have tails, she said that they don’t have a tail. She is being paid to write what blizzard wants her to write in the books. She doesnt have an influence on lore or what is being changed in it.

1 Like