Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

I’ve chosen to tell them off with my wallet… their Dracthyr joke at our expense is too far.

1 Like

I mean they listen to asmongold sometimes and all he does is insult them.

#GiveWorgenTails

1 Like

If they won’t be nice or atleast kind of enough to givr us a no instead of making a corny joke about us in the new race I don’t care about their little feelings I offended by calling them jerks.

#GiveWorgenTails

3 Likes

You don’t have a platform like his.

And I tend to believe that Blizzard doesn’t do a single thing on the basis of what a streamer is doing or saying, outside of correcting popularized exploits. They would have to be in tune with the community to work like that - they can’t be simultaneously out of touch and reactive to current community issues. And they are inarguably out of touch.

Boy did I miss a lot being away for one night! This is a pretty shocking response to push the thread over 10k replies because it

• Recognizes a player desire
  • Recognizes it makes some unhappy
  • Mocks it

Imagine if when orc shoulder pads were small they had made a joke “What is wrong with your shoulders?” instead of fixing it!

We have our answer I guess.

12 Likes

This means war Blizzard. You made a direct attack on thid thread and now we will continue to annoy you until you close this thread or ban every worgen player who wants more customization options and a tail.

#GiveWorgenTails

3 Likes

I think Blizzards tail joke for Dracthyr is a bit tone deaf given the desire shown by worgen players for that option but I also realize it’s just a joke. This isn’t blizzard saying “no tails” nor is it the first time if they do give us tails a joke would be invalidated.

Continue to ask for what you want to see added. Submit suggestions in game through the help menu. Tweet at them on Twitter.

#giveworgentails

3 Likes

There is a suggestion of permanence, at least for the foreseeable future, when it is newly inserted as a joke.

2 Likes

4 Likes

This is why you don’t let interns pick the jokes.

3 Likes

No one is likely to see new customizations until after DF.

Another suggestion here is that blizzard is aware of the request.

I don’t think they’re as hard core as most players making the requests. They’re more willing to joke and play around, and we’re all more willing to dislike it cause we’re invested.

I’m not that worried in the end but yeah, I wouldn’t expect them to give us tails during DF.

Should also say it’s important to make noise at them when you do find a joke like this in poor taste. Blizzard makes mistakes and sometimes, like anyone else, they don’t realize they’re making a mistake.

1 Like

These don’t really mesh. It means someone was aware and intended to make a mockery. I don’t really care about the joke. I’m sure everyone who doesn’t play a worgen will get a chuckle. I’d have gotten a chuckle at the orc shoulder joke back in the day. I definitely kidded some of my friends who played them at the time. What I care about the intent behind it, and the intent is “We see your requests and the answer is not just no, but lol no.”

6 Likes

How would they not mesh?

One is pointing out that by default they must be aware of the request.

The other is saying that people who aren’t happy about that should continue to tell them so.

I didn’t mean to indicate you did or did not. Sorry.

I imagine most folk will find it amusing if not possibly out of touch with the worgen community that wants tails. Its really not that big a deal.

See I don’t think they have that much intent.

Blizzard doesn’t think that hard about what they do in these cases. Its just a joke poking fun. Not a banner reading “No.”.

Again I don’t much mind if you don’t want em but others do and they (and myself) should and will continue to request it. Along with a long list of other customizations we’d like to see.

Nothing here is a no given Blizzards past. Its just a joke.

We can’t give Worgen tails because then the Dracthyr joke wouldn’t make sense.

1 Like

You say that like blizzard hasn’t removed jokes before.
And paintings.
And actual game content.

2 Likes

If they didn’t see this coming then hopefully it’ll be a nice eyeopener for them.

Unless they flat ignore the responses, which would be sadly typical.

7 Likes

High elf?! Please! Why would you want to be a HIGH elf when you could look all tragic and brooding? - Magister Umbric

The comment was made to make fun of the people that were requesting for a high elf option. Flash forward to today, we got High Elves even thought he still says this to this day.

Same case can be for worgens.

1 Like

They removed funny jokes that everyone liked.

This is a mean joke that a large portion of the player base finds in poor taste.

Obviously, it’s here to stay.

5 Likes

So they are aware of the request, by your own point. By your own point people aren’t happy. So by your own points people aren’t happy and they are aware. That doesn’t mesh with

Do I think there is some anti-worgen conspiracy? That Bobby has a worgen doll in his desk that he uses to store his sharp objects? No. But it does show that on some level there are people aware of the issue and making mockery of it.

5 Likes

Fair play.
They do insist on pathfinder remaining a thing, after all.

1 Like