Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

tails.
worgen.
now.

1 Like

OP has over 1000 likes and this thread is about to reach 10,000 replies.
Brah
if Worgen were a Horde race they would of had tails 10 times over by now.

2 Likes

you mean this one?

1 Like

The suggestion that it’s “against established lore” for Worgen to have tails is one of the most over-used and irrelevant arguments in this thread. Until recently, Tauren didn’t have antlers, trolls and orcs didn’t stand up straight, and elves didn’t have multiple eye and skin colors to choose from. Such things can, and do, change.

That is EXACTLY what players are asking for; to have the appearance option to have it both ways. We want it it to be done in a manner that allows those that don’t want to change to stay as they are.

5 Likes

Folk upset about options for us always seem to miss the “option” part.

3 Likes

Current lore breadcrumbs heavily suggest the Forsaken will be leaving Gilneas.

I don’t know what Worgen and Night Elves will do with the green zombie goop but it appears as though Gilneas will be reclaimed.

I’d assume they’ll either use Druid magic or the Forsaken will clean up now that they can easily.

Well thanks to the forsaken and the necrolords, we basically now know how to get rid of the green goop
 just feed it to a green goop. :smiley:

So if another blight bomb happens, which will likely never happen again with Sylvanis out of the picture, we now have a sure way to get rid of it even without the forsakens help.

Need green goop gone? Say no more, call me today and I can send out the necrolord cleaning service to get rid of any blight you need!
Warning: Results may lead to a giant blight monstrosity, we are not responsible for any damages that results from a giant blight monsters rampage.

personally I have no quarrel about people wanting tails - it just seems that some people here are contradicting themselves when they complain about Worgen “Not being Lore Accurate”, but at the same time demanding a feature (a cosmetic one tbf) which is not in the lore. Comes off a bit hypocritical.

Let’s say that it’s an added option, how does this cosmetic option make sense with the race? why do some Worgen have tails and others don’t? Is it a blessing from the Wolf God? Would that make it something that has to be unlocked?

If it’s an unlocked cosmetic, would it make sense that Worgen starting in Gilneas or as a Death Knight have it?

Or are we just going to do a retcon and pretend tails were around the whole time?

That’s actually something I’ve pointed at Blizzard should do a lot much like the dark ranger, night warrior, golden eyes, ect. We’ve seen Goldrinn is just hanging out in Duskwoods now. So why not go up to him and ask him for a blessing after all we’ve gone through over the years and seeing the afterlife of where it is he goes to every time he dies.

We’ve seen that races can get more than just their heritage armor quest this last patch, so why not have a bonus quest for worgens as well that leads us to unlocking a tail option.

2 Likes

Why argue?

Its an optional request, that doesn’t affect anything if it is or isn’t in the lore.

And it not being in the lore is questionable given how often its shown on worgen in everything except for WoW itself.

The only time its ever been “lore” confirmed was from a writer who regularly gets lore wrong compared to previous lore, so retcons things often, and a dev who also regularly retcons things.

WoW isn’t some lore monolith. They change things like that all the time and when they literally affect nothing, I don’t see the point in the argument.

If you’re expecting the devs to put in the time and effort to explain something
 you’ll be disappointed. Dark Rangers on Void Elves for instance. Easily explainable several different ways but they’ve said and given us nothing to explain it.

In every case yes.

yeah
 cause why not? Changes literally nothing. A tail on Genn right now wouldn’t change a thing that hes done, said, acted upon or been acted upon him.

Its literally cosmetic and means nothing else to anything.

Its like the additional skin tones for belves or humans or what have you. It needs absolutely no explanation.

3 Likes

Worgen have never been the lore correct size but the moment we ask for an optional tail the lore critics are like
 NO YOU CANT HAVE THAT MUH LORE! Thats why I use the Lore correct 8 foot size to say
 you know it would be nice to see that as well. But it something we are denied for some reason.

And if they were elves, too, no doubt.

3 Likes

Hate to tell you this but posting this is in vain. And like the Rolling Stones once sang, “You can’t always get what you want” Not going to happen, and you can take that to the bank.

3 Likes

So anyways, Give worgen optional tails Blizzard.

Make tails an option. If the human body can go through such a change of the face the least it can do is add a tail for a counterbalance to the hunched forward running.

2 Likes

“But if you try, sometimes you get what you need.”

As somebody who got a “niche” thing they wanted after leaving feedback,

Give worgen tails.

1 Like

I just want to feel like I’m not going to trip on my own feet when I walk.

Give me a tail, please and thanks.

Customization Options

In Shadowlands, you guys added a bunch of new character customization options and overhauled the whole character creation screen. The scope and breadth of Dracthyr customization is that taken to the extreme, with millions of options. It really seems like you guys are trying to push customization to the limit with the Dracthyr. Are you using that as a way to test out future changes for other races? Will this work as a template for future customization options for other races?

I mean, I think yes. We say ‘the extreme" or “push it to the limit,” and we want to keep raising that bar over time. Every new class, new race, everything we do we want to set a new standard for fidelity. And then where possible, we want to expand that and go back and bring others up to that bar. In a sense, going way back, 10 years ago in Mists of Pandaria, the Pandaren would just have smoother animations, crisper, higher level of fidelity than any other player races. Then we strove to make updated player models for everyone else down the line.

It was really exciting to see the lessons the artists have learned and the tech we’ve gotten to enable Dracthyr character customization. Bringing some of that to all of the existing player races is obviously a monumental project but I think it’s a direction we clearly want to move in. I think that giving people more ability to express and customize their avatars in our world is fundamental to what an MMO is all about. The fact that we’ve seen, even internally, people’s first experience sitting down and checking out Dracthyr, people spending 20 minutes in character creation, tinkering and finding the perfect one for them; who wouldn’t want that for every one of our player races? That should be the connection that everyone feels to their character, that truly feels like it’s theirs. Potentially, your character will literally not look like any other you’re going to meet no matter how much WoW you play.

I guess that’s a good news to know that they will not stop expanding the customization options.
The question now is “when and which race” so

Let’s keep going to make Blizzard remember our wishes :wink:

8 Likes