Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

Being a demon hunter requires more.

There is no lore reason at this time that would make sense.

Orcs and Draenei could make sense with established lore. Even the same start zone would still be usable.

#GiveWorgenTheTailsWeDeserve

1 Like

As long as I can keep one as a pet, I will give worgen void tails

It seems weird to me that a werewolf would not have a wolf tail.
I think they should have tails. Makes sense to me

4 Likes

This thread is still going? Worgens need waggle too.

Plight of the Worgen,
Vast beauty missing something;
I still miss my tail.
~haiku, probably.

1 Like

Give Worgen tails!
Give Worgen Gilneas!
Give Worgen upright posture!
Give Worgen better Heritage armor!
Give Worgen pure black fur color!
Give Worgen correct lore size!
Give Worgen many /pets!

4 Likes

The pictures of worgens standing straight are just so good. I want my rogue to stand tall and look fancy. They definitely need that option and tails.
We could have so much more variety!

4 Likes

With all the manners in my heart, Blizzard, please

GIVE WORGEN TAILS ALREADY

3 Likes

Daily tail posting.
There it is. Tail is in game now for Hearthstone as of today. ;D
https://i.imgur.com/QCqBoGp.png
#GiveWorgenTails

10 Likes

I hope they can read better than they know how to model. AHAHAHA

For me, it has always been something that has been missing in the model which is a being turning into a fusion of man and wolf.

A man becoming a wolf. :wolf:
A man losing his human characteristics and becoming more animalistic.
A humanoid wolf. Not a wolf turning into a man and losing its animal characteristics in the process.

Thanks.

How is it this topic has been going on for seven months, has almost 30,000 views, is getting close to 5,000 posts and STILL hasn’t been addressed?

Really Blizz, we wouldn’t be so obnoxious with this if you just gave us an answer. A simple yay or nay would do.

5 Likes

First find me actually examples of Worgen that do have tails. Don’t just ask if there isn’t basis for it.

Hi! Welcome to the thread!
Most common examples posted are:
-Concept art for worgen females that had a tail
-Christie Golden mistakenly describing Genn Greymane as having a tail
-A lot of the hearthstone art [especially recently] that has worgen characters with tails.

Additionally, even without reference of tailed worgen, we hungry fans think wolf like characters would look nice with wolf like tails, and there’s no harm in asking, especially when blizzard will do what blizzard will.

Please enjoy your stay.

7 Likes

And for the people that would like lore reasons for having tails, you can easily spin it as Goldrinn helps worgens better control their worgen form to the point that druids can now shift in to wolf form instead of cat form, worgens can now actually fight in human form and not be shifted in to worgen form in combat, and worgens in general can keep that tail from wolf form if they want, making tails a option.

I feel like we are well on our way towards getting one. Between the whole worgen with tails all across different Blizzard official art and even Blizzard licensed products, and althought crappy, but the fact that we got literally just a fur and eye option while every other race, some allied races included got more new options than us. Maybe Blizzard is just holding off on giving worgens anything big until 9.1? Specifically a tail as we’ve seen that there is a possibility that they have been working on a tail ever since way back in 8.2.5 when the tail skeleton was discovered on the worgen model.

The artists obviously know how much worgens have been requesting a tail. It’s probably why we see so many tailed worgens popping up now on Hearthstone, even in official promotional art for the game. Blizzard could be pulling a N’zoth/Tortollan situation where they show stuff in the game that will later become real in world of warcraft. ;D

Come on Blizzard, just make it official already. You can’t hide your secrets forever. Tell us tails are coming already!

14 Likes

First find lets have some ‘actual examples’ of high elves having anything but fair skin prior to shadowlands customizations, in any lore except one alternate universe character, since there is in-game lore specifically stating that after they broke away from the night elves they lost their pigmentation and the entire race was fair skinned afterwards, and so the current customizations are actually lore breaking, unlike the next point.

Next some ‘actual examples’ of any lore specifically stating that Worgen do not have tails, since the only “lore” that they do not, is that the model currently does not, there is not a scrap of written (books found in game or out), quest text, or otherwise stating they do not have tails, besides one single twitter tweet from a not-yet-employee book writer that was corrected that the model for Gen does indeed not have a tail when she wrote him having one.

Whereas there is numerous concept art from the cata collectors edition art books (you can scroll up and see some pictures taken of the actual art books showing the tailed worgen), numerous worgen hearthstone cards, and other official representations of worgen (such as on the small worldcraft game box) that have them besides the above.

And again, it is not like people are asking for a class or anything that ‘breaks lore’ to begin with even disregarding the above, it would be an optional character customization visual option that hurts noone, and benefits those that feel it fits their characters, no different then dark skinned high elves.

Edit for the picture mentioned above
https://i.imgur.com/ygYNTvQ.jpg

4 Likes

Did you try looking 3 posts up? Cow literally posted the most recent example the other day. Cow has done an excellent job IN THIS THREAD of posting where they exist.

Worgen tails have appeared in:
Blizzard concept art
Blizzard hearthstone art (recently!)
Blizzard literature
The actual world of watercraft worgen model skeleton

Tails are not in:
World of warcraft the playable game

4 Likes

No. He didn’t read.
Or it would not have come up with that argument, being repeated in vain for the 300th.

Anyway, even blizzard doesn’t care about Lore anymore, when that’s not in their best interest.

Case locked. :wolf:

Would love a toggle option for tails on worgen. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I vote for tails to have a better view during all-fours running

1 Like