Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

It will always kill me to see how much the fans can do a better job than the “professionnals”, probably because the latters don’t care about the race. (will never forget the heritage armor)

A question about the term “Furry” i saw many posts above: If i get what it means, why this word seems to have a negative connotation mostly in the US?

I don’t really see this word used often or negatively in Europe.

3 Likes

People in the US have the preconception that Furries are outlandish deviants.

Basically folk think it’s weird and that furry people are into beastiality and such.

The Rainfurrest convention also often gets a lot of attention online. Failed kinda hard, and it’s easy to make fun of.

3 Likes

Unfortunately people can’t be adults in society these days and remain ignorant to what the furry fandom actually is. They focus on the more… rule 34 aspect of the fandom when all being a furry is is liking anthropomorphic beings. That or they focus on how outlandish some people who identify as a furry whom act very… eccentric. What people realize is that those type of furries are actually a huge minority but yet the spotlight is on that aspect.

Technically if you like/play races in this game such as worgen, vulps, tauren, pandaren, etc etc… by very loose definition you’re a furry to that degree which is what most people who bash furries don’t want to understand and continue to degrade others for.

5 Likes

What would hold Blizzard back I suspect is the work needed to adjust how capes fit to accommodate a tail.

They could however hit two birds with one stone here as female worgen capes have always looked ridiculous and far too short compared with any other model.

Also they really do need to consider adding proper ‘physx’ to capes because the clipping issues are universal and often lead me to hide them on any of my characters.

Different tail types would be an excellent new option for worgen, who do lack new options. Long, short, furry and not so furry, oh and no tail for those who seem to think we’re proposing an enforced feature.

3 Likes

Well the whole fitting capes to work with tails is pretty much already there. Worgen capes already lift up a lot when you compare em to other races when they move around, plus yeah, the fact that we have shorter cloaks compared to the other race, so it’s easy to fit a tail on em.

Only cloak animation I see that would need some adjustment is the mounted animation and maybe even the idle standing animation. Also, a tail option would hide the fact that belts are hideously large from the back side for female worgens, seriously who at blizzard thought it was a good idea to make em so large from the back. Always have to wear a cloak to hide it. D:

The tabard is another issue as well. The bottom flap from both the front and back cuts so low compared to the previous model. Once upon a time you used to be able to wear any pants in the game without having to put a belt on to hide the weird overlap. Even some belts don’t fit well after the model update.

All this fixing that needs to be done. You know blizzard, a lot of the solutions to the problem can be fixed and overlooked with one thing. ;D
Give worgen tails.

2 Likes

Two things Cow.

1. Give Worgen Tails.
  2. Make Worgen Lore correct size of 8 feet tall.
2 Likes

8 foot tall worgen?! with thick fluffy tails?

A worgen that size could lift me up and cuddle me beyond my wildest dreams!

Blizzard needs to make this happen.

5 Likes

Thing is its the confirmed Lore correct size for Worgen why currently we are 6 feet 10 inches no one honestly knows.

1 Like

Damn, that serious? I don’t know what to say before such stupidities from uneducated people visibly.

And it’s not hard to imagine that this fixing regarding cloaks and tabards can be done easily.
Unfortunatly Blizzard seems uninterested to put such time on the worgens (i will never forget the Heritage armor)

2 Likes

They have the tech/experience to make cloaks work with tails, including very animated & expressive ones such as the Vulpera tails. It would take some work, but it should certainly be doable for Worgen tails.

3 Likes

Hopefully the removal of the tail hole was just an oversight and they are working on tails. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Wow I never realized how much I want this ear option until now. Great job!

Also gib worgen tails plz

6 Likes

IKR?! Also another showing of tail support. I know I’ve done this a lot, but I really want that to be a reality.

4 Likes

Same here, it’s another of these little things that is needed to have a more wolfish look without knowing it ^^

2 Likes

Can’t help myself, when I see the cool artwork I have to share…

#GiveWorgenTails!

11 Likes

Things like changes in the geometry don’t just happen by accident, especially in the exact place a tail should be. That’s not a coincidence.
They hear us, and some of the team probably agrees.

I hope we get tails and upright ears.

4 Likes

Oh I love this artist! I follow her on FB. xD

Give Worgen Tail Options!

1 Like

Or throw you for a surprise attack!

I had the flu for a few days, I am absent and when I come back I am graced with these beautiful visions.

My God! My congratulations to the person responsible for this vision of paradise. :heart_eyes:

See how the face, eyes and even the hairstyle became more showy!
It is obvious that worgen would look much more beautiful and look more wolfish with ears like these.
Even the eyes seems more determined.

Together with a tail, correct stature, better posture and a pair of ears like these, it is evident how simple it is to make worgen reflect its greatness.

If even fans can show how much more worgen looks better with these improvements, there should be no doubt that cosmetics like this, allow a very versatile customization, much desired and necessary for worgen enthusiasts.

Worgen+tail= :heart: :1st_place_medal:

3 Likes

Worgen not having tails is a slap in the face!

5 Likes