Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

That’s fine, keep yourself tail-less then.

2 Likes

O.
M.
G.

Will you JUST give them tails already?!

4 Likes

As I thought. Not one example. There is no reason to have worgen have tails other than to appease a certain fanbase who has an odd fascination with anthropomorphic tailed animals.

2 Likes

but if another worgen has a tail, the whole view of the race is shattered

it’s either tail or no tail, and we already had none for years

2 Likes

If another Orc isn’t a hunchback, the whole view of the race is shattered

it’s either hunch or no hunch, and we already had hunch for years

It also provides additional options for natural shapeshifters. Either through a questline or through a simple toggle. It’s perfectly lore-friendly for folk to be curious about transmutation when they already shapechange on the regular.

Give Worgen Tails.

7 Likes

standing straight and growing a tail aren’t the same thing

one is a different posture, the other is a new limb

That’s the thing, the limb argument doesn’t hold water either. Human form has 5 digits per hand and foot. Worgen form has 4 digits per hand and 3 per foot (not counting the dewclaw). They’re already fudging things.

Give Worgen Tails.

7 Likes

well yeah when you become dog that happens, but i don’t see anywhere in lore that says a tail is part of that change

and if they didn’t add it in cataclysm when they had a chance to reinvent worgen, they probs won’t add it now as a random customization option

I dunno, now seems like the perfect time to slot in a new customization here and there. New expansion, focused around expanding player options, this seems like quite the easy fix. Especially since apparently there’s already a tail rigging ready to go on the model.

Give Worgen Tails.

3 Likes

Worgen aren’t shapeshifters. They have two shapes. Human and worgen. Nothing else. Worgen forms do not have tails, so why would they suddenly grow tails? If you want to play a tailed race go play a vulpera.

1 Like

the second orc grows 2 extra arms and becomes goro is the second I’ll concede worgen should get tails

That’s like saying Druids aren’t shapeshifters, they only have four shapes. As far as the tail thing, it could be anything being introduced. Maybe a questline involving Goldrinn somehow, or the aforementioned alchemical solution. While ultimately it should be as simple as a toggle option, there’re other avenues to allow for tails as well. It could be a Belt transmog. In any case…

Give Worgen Tails.

5 Likes

no

Yes!

Give Worgen Tails.

5 Likes

NO

Yeessss.

Give Worgen Tails.

4 Likes

The only thing I’ll give you is druids possibly having lore explanations considering they literally grow antlers and feathers in their human form (Malfurion). Though other than that there is no real major enough reason for them to have tails.

1 Like

alright you’ve persuaded me

let’s give worgen tails

(dont take my replies seriously, i just like being contrarian)

2 Likes

:panda_face:

Right. So let’s take that train of thought and apply it to the players. They do something neat and magical and unusual and they now sport a tail. If other Worgen aren’t down to clown, then they don’t have to join the circus.

Give Worgen Tails.

5 Likes

Give Worgen tails.

Pro worgen tail posts upvoted, likes depleted.

6 Likes