Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

This model change on the latest beta patch, showing a conspicuous hole where a tail could be toggled on/off has me elated. Let the character customization options flow!

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been a worgen since day 1 of Cataclysm and have only played this one toon since, I have never actually gone in to my human form at all except for when I enter arenas because youā€™re forced in to human form at the start(fix this blizzard), and even then I just activate my worgen form again before the match starts.

The fact that we are getting seperate human and worgen forms is awesome for those that do use it, but I just hope players like me and many others that only stay in their worgen form donā€™t get the short end of the stick simply because they put all their resource in to implementing that and call it a day.

Worgens have the absolute least amount of new options when you actually look in to it compared to other races. Even goblins get more options and they got the new model same time as us, so ā€œYou canā€™t get as much options because you just got your new modelā€ argument doesnā€™t apply because of that.

Hereā€™s a list of things iā€™m hoping we get. Number 1 better happen!

1 - #GiveWorgenTails. Tails option has been a huge request for years, and itā€™s even gotten to the point where even the devs/art team themselves constantly depict worgens with tails. Hell thereā€™s a hearthstone card right now with a worgen that has a tail. Just make it happen blizzard! Tail would actually fix the weird movement animation and running wild animation.

2 - New hair styles. Those from the Cataclysm Alpha would be awesome instead of always shaggy hair. So far worgens hair styles are really just bangs option. Thereā€™s no variaty at all when it comes to hair styles, so having actual clean hair styles or even full on pony tails would be great.

3 - Scar options. Worgens actually played a major role during Legion, so having the scars to show that would be cool, and also they were caught in the middle of the burning of Teldradsil. Burn marks like Night Elves would be pretty good immersion wise.

4 - Voice options. Okay this one is actually a really tough one that I have zero clue how Blizzard can implement without having to rework voices for every race as well and give them voice options. Basically remember Celestine the Harvester from Legion? Everyoneā€™s favorite world quests NPC? She was nuts! Get it?! Basically sure she was a worgen, BUT, she had a actual normal voice and not the gravely worgen voice everyone else has. Giving us a normal voice would be really nice. Would be akin to how death knights in the past had a option in the menu to turn off the echoey voice and have a normal voice. Maybe worgens can have the same where itā€™s personal to us? I donā€™t know where to begin but you get the point, different voice options.

Thereā€™s my ā€œshortā€ wish list for worgens. I would actually love to see what options you guys would like to add in as well!

11 Likes

No, youā€™re a cow. Says so right there!

2 Likes

If I get suspended from the forums tonightā€“which is likelyā€“I want you all to keep this thread alive! Iā€™ll be on Twitter @lexstrasza with lots of worgen screenshots. :wolf: :fox_face:

5 Likes

Give Worgen tails

4 Likes

They better not that my job to be the one who gets the boot for comments made.

1 Like

Itā€™s just a pack aā€™ wolves, and they all need tails!

Give Worgen Tails

1 Like

If that guy is what youā€™re saying he is, then if I were him I wouldnā€™t be putting such a spotlight on myself in the forums. Maybe mods will bring up his chat histories and take a good look rather than banning you just to please one person. One can hope. Thatā€™s absolutely abhorrent.

Also, tails!

1 Like

Wait I think I missed something, why would you get suspended?

Actually I feel like thatā€™s my job since how dare I speak my mind on the forums when it comes to political stupid on here.

Maybe we should unionize :stuck_out_tongue:

Also give worgen tails.

2 Likes

Letā€™s not get political here.

Unless that politic is giving worgen tails.

3 Likes

Never my intention. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your argument is quite counterproductive. In real life, wolves naturally grow tails. In the night elf worgen comics, the worgen managed to grow tails. Most werewolves in media have tails and it just makes sense for one of the most famous fantasy game to allow for the most basic werewolf race to have at LEAST a tail option. Without them, they simply donā€™t feel like a wolf. It would be the same if orcs didnā€™t have their big teeth. Or if trolls didnā€™t have their long noses. Or if undead didnā€™t have the OPTION to have bones sticking out of their skin. All we are asking for is OPTIONS. Not to make tails required for the people who donā€™t want them.

4 Likes

Worgen has tails being seen or quoted in games, cards and even books (accidentally, but showing that the design of tails is something that seems to be normal for the design of a worgen) and even in work done by fans, demonstrating that tails are something that would be much appreciated as another cosmetic option for the race and for the players.

Yes! The models used by the worgen female are some of the most original and beautiful in the game. The hairstyle models for the male model would give more diversity to our boys. I would love to see something like that available to our worgen.

For those who like warriors and druids, who expose a lot of their bodies, this would be something welcome.
Someone said that ā€œscars are medals of courageā€.

Fiona!

5 Likes

while weā€™re at it could we get a transmog to just use our claws or something? Iā€™d really like that too and I canā€™t imagine that taking much effort

11 Likes

Seeing as how Worgen form is actually just a druid form-lite and a tail or lack thereof can just be different degrees of shape shifting, it can be easily explained in lore as having ā€œmore or lessā€ control of your Worgen form so you are ā€œmore or lessā€ wolf.

Unlike an Orc who only wants four arms as a laughable hyperbole to be spiteful towards player requests. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I read a comment from a player on this forum, where he recalls that vulperas had their rig extracted from goblins.

The original model that was shown to the players, was similar to that of the capt. pirate Eudora, who had no tail, but who had the goblin rig changed to include a tail.

If it was made that way for vulperas, then it can also be included in the worgen model.

1 Like

I got a good feeling worgen will have tails soon

5 Likes

Worgens are not wolves. And they dont have tails.

3 Likes

Worgens have often been depicted with having tails in the past, can find a lot of official comics and hearthstone cards themselves that you can see in game right now that has worgens with tails. Even the actual artists that designed the worgens drew them up with having tails as you can see from this imagine, which you can also find in the official collectors edition art book that I have right in front of me.

Worgens are very much inspired by wolves, which that in itself can be a good reason why they should get a tail option, especially after the Goldrinn questline for the heritage armor. Maybe Goldrinn could have helped the player worgens better control their worgen forms, which also can make a good reason as to why they can finally have monks as a playable class as well now that they can control their anger better.

Also sure, they donā€™t have tails now, but doesnā€™t mean they canā€™t suddenly have em. Same thing as how hordes suddenly have high elves when there have been zero mentions what so ever of a high elf ever even joining up with the hordes at all. Except unlike high elves, worgens can actually have a excuse after meeting up with Goldrinn.

8 Likes

Agreed 100%

:cake:

2 Likes