Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

Oh, also, it does need to be said, but Warcraft’s lore is a freaking mess. So maybe we shouldn’t be holding it up as some kind of sacred, unalterable text.

The vast majority of pro-High-Elf players are still the same…

also, you have to remember that pro-high-elf players are united by being pro-high-elf. That doesn’t mean they’re some kind of hive mind. Once High Elves are playable there are all sorts of ethical and moral divides you could find with one another. I agree with some anti’s on politics.

The idea that we’re turning on each other is wishful thinking. Lannisterian’s just a BE stan.

1 Like

Doesnt make him an anti. But alas, what makes a pro-helf these days?

3 Likes

They tried to fix it. But yeah, you’re basically dealing with the story of the first game which was a couple of paragraphs. Then the story of the second game that was a couple of paragraphs that was a real tolkien/d&d/normal fantasy trope rip off except they gave Trolls really cool accents… and then Warcraft 3 added a few more paragraphs…

and then World of Warcraft happened.

Even the old Warcraft novels pre-The War of the Ancients were pretty basic fantasy trope stories. The whole thing is just overhauled.

1 Like

I mean, we’re just Pro-Hair-Color now. We got the majority of the High Elf bit.

Cough Are you sure you want to judge others on how terms are being applied? Mr “I measured the femurs of a 3d model”?

Nah you just want to wash them off of anything that makes them interesting.

3 Likes

If thats the case, then why do you need blonde hair? You got the majority. Its cool. Everything good.

3 Likes

I would say trying to muzzle others. But that might only be a single pro.

1 Like

twirls his goniometer

That much magic wouldn’t wear off during the time-span you’d play in World of Warcaft.

You’d also have to not actively use void sources of energy I’d presume.

Nah man. They said they were giving us customization options to play High Elves and everybody is a blue haired High Elf.

So the requests will continue until the High Elf fantasy is fulfilled.

You guys play Void Elves though.

Wheres the point where what you guys want negates the original race?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Not reading it. I know theres some spoilers in there.

They gave RP tools, and continued customizations on VEs is something very different then continued customizations on BEs who are HEs, it is just as safe to assume future VE customization will be void centered and they keep the visual uniqueness BEs have left for BEs.

1 Like

The demonym they utilize to refer to themselves, in their language, is Quel’dorei (lit. “High Children”), but I’m fairly certain we’ve never actually heard anybody use the phrase “Thalassian” while they’re actually speaking their language – it’s likely that the term “Thalassian” is actually the demonym as expressed in Common.

The term is used, in-universe and in-game, as both an ethnic demonym and the name for their language.

If using one it’s wrong… :woman_shrugging:

Dude… they were about to be turned into etherals. It wasn’t just a lil radiation. Their biology was already in the process of changing.

I know you like to ignore whatever it’s convenient to ignore, but this is the entire gist of the scenario, that they’re a whole different thing.

Something tells me that’d be more up your alley.

1 Like

Spoiler alert. They’re dropping High Elf customization options on Void Elves. as well as things like Wildhammer Dwarf customizations on Wildhammer Dwarves.

The art director says that’s how you get your playable High Elves. So… that’s what we’re going with.

And you have them.

1 Like

You got an in game citation of it being used as an ethnic demonym?

Yeah but they also said they’re adding customization options so you can play the character you like. So… the requests will continue until people are satisfied with the state of playable High Elves.