Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

https://giphy.com/gifs/nickelodeon-nick-cfl-cousins-for-life-WUmSTpFqWA90u0ynaN

5 Likes

This is exactly what I think. Even as a Pro Helfer. Lore is the biggest thing we need what good are the new customization options(besides cosmetic) if there’s no story to go with them?

3 Likes

That can be fought for and solidified without asking for more infringements on the BE theme, but it can be done which folds them into VEs which I think is amicable for everyone save people who don’t actually care about lore and do just want the full theme of BEs on Alliance.

If you’ve been here for 10 years, then you’ll also know that many/most of the people who play the Horde (but not Blood Elves) genuinely believe that the BE’s themselves are one of the biggest detriments to the Horde’s identity.

The BE’s have virtually always been inconsequential to the Horde’s broader identity, which is why Blizzard felt it alright to consistently utilize High Elf NPC’s on the Alliance (where they were actually appreciated, narratively)… and why Void Elves are the most played Allied Race.

Also, this comment feels obligatory, the HE/BE aesthetic was introduced into the franchise as a facet of the Alliance. If your argument is that there are people on the Horde that would feel like they’ve been robbed if Blizzard decides to provide an avenue for “HE’s” to be playable on the Alliance, consider that the BE’s being attached to the Horde in the first place was and remains one of the most controversial decisions Blizzard has ever made.

Additionally, Blizzard spent the next decade flirting with the notion of Alliance-aligned HE’s and then ultimately pulled the trigger on something tangentially related (VE’s).

That all being said, I hope we never see light-colored hair for Void Elves – the dichotomy between Blood Elves and Void Elves, Light and Void, should be played up to the absolute max. If it were up to me, I’d slowly adjust all Blood Elf NPC’s such that they no longer present with black/brown/dark red hair… a product of their becoming slowly suffused by the Light.

2 Likes

I control nothing, you simply using me to see yourself, and yourself is what is triggering you, have fun with that. Good night all.

And if you were honest you’d know that this is pure hyperbole.

Have you actually play as Horde? Because I’ve been playing since 2009, Horde exclusively, and they always seemed very much integrated and essential to the Horde, and I’ve noticed this from before the time I started getting into the lore.

Or could it it… you’re simply trying to deminish them for the sake of your argument?

WC3 It’s a thing…

It’s not controversial because some people can’t let the past go.

Do I get bingo with this one? I think I can get bingo with this one.

So, we’re going from “Wash the bad bits off VEs” to… “change Blood elves so I feel better”?

This is a whole new level.

3 Likes

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohjUTWlA5qafWFhrW/giphy.gif

Oh we know that, but it’s the attempt to constantly control the conversation, and deem anyone who doesn’t agree with you as off topic or trolling which is what is being pointed out, your attempts failing doesn’t mean you don’t try.

1 Like

I will fight and defend the integrity of Blood elves for as long as I am able to. Stay strong and don’t let the cry babies win.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind this but hoping they keep the void tentacles on all colors.

It sure looks like you try.

But again, as long as you use the same standards for everyone hijicking the topic away from VEs, I’m cool with that.

The question is… will you apply the same standards?

1 Like

Blood Elves have no good reason to lose hair colors just because… Sunwell isn’t just Light energies its Light and Arcane. its 50/50…

You can’t upcharge one and ignore the other.

3 Likes

That’s just your opinion.

1 Like

To what kinds of people is it controversial? Like Midare already pointed out this is the mentality of those kinds of people, and tbh if the BE player base is anything to go off of a loud minority who do just as much vocalizing in other topics which is much more telling is hardly anything to take seriously on the validity of BEs.

Very much this, does anyone even need to be playing that long to see their apart of the Horde? I’ve never second-guessed that decision, I’ve never thought less of people who pined for the Alliance HEs though small in number they might be… but what is this obsession with invalidating BEs.

2 Likes

I’m rather lost if this is a joke or meant to be taken seriously.

But in either case, it doesn’t work as neither.

I even started playing in 2009 while I didn’t have the TBC xpac yet since my bf at the time wanted to make sure I was into the game.

And even without that I could get a glimpse of that.

2 Likes

BEs are HEs so Midare is not wrong.

You are wrong when you said

Midare had to point out to you the VE intro which is also canon.

1 Like

Alright, full-stop.

You’ve brought up morals but that’s inaccurate. There are no morals here. There are morals as presented in the game, perhaps, but otherwise morals (our morals) are not relevant.

You’re already assuming thing.

This isn’t why I don’t want to play a Blood Elf. I don’t want to play a Blood Elf because it doesn’t fit the fantasy I want. That’s all. That’s it. Stop pretending like you know crap about my internals.

No I want the the thing that is already skewed to my faction. Grow up and accept that there are High Elves that are associated with the Alliance. There’s no mental gymnastics, there’s no “skewing,” it’s just a fact. There are High Elves that are Alliance aligned.

Get over it. This is a you problem, not an us problem.

Cool! Let’s go back and loot at all the dang High Elves that are High Elves that support the Alliance.

Give it up. You can ask for them to not be part of our faction and that’s fine. Telling us that we’re wrong and that they’re magically “this other thing” is just you trying to save face. It’s you trying to hold onto something that isn’t being taken from you. It’s you trying to enforce a rule that makes zero sense.

Grow up.

4 Likes

I don’t understand this at all, if you guys want to be Blood Elves… just be Blood Elves.

2 Likes

Your mention of “fel drinkers” says otherwise.

Please, play WC3 TfT.

Cough

Right back at you.

6 Likes

Damn are you really doing that?

Not wanting to play a BElf because of their fel story has nothing to do with not wanting to play Horde. It has nothing to do with the Horde story. Why is this that surprising? “Big Bad Horde People” does not equal fel consumption. Stop equating and conjecturing, and stat listening.

Yet they were, at the outset, still allies. Tenuous? Yes. They were, however, still totally against the horde.

:rofl:

1 Like

What? bringing up something you mentioned? What’s wrong with that?

What fel story? The canon lore that says they didn’t drink any fel?

Or the one where it’s actual canon that the traitors don’t have an issue with any fel use anyway?

Outset? Downright leaving it it’s being an outset?

And you can laugh, but really, some self reflection would be helpful. Self awareness if you will.

5 Likes