Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

Yes please with a cherry on the top!

1 Like

it says blood elf under your name, not high elf

I don’t even care about the blonde or brown or red hair or whatever. Just give me pure black and pure white hair for every race that have hair colors and I’ll be happy.

5 Likes

It’s not for Void Elves. It’s for people who want to play high elves. It allows those players to resemble a high elf very closely without adding another race.

2 Likes

there arent light blue haired high elves?

Maybe? I don’t think so, though.

There’s platinum blonde high elves, which have like a white-ish/silver-ish hair color. But none really “blue”.

2 Likes

Lol another thread about this stuff? You’re not a regular elf so why should you get regular elf hair? Why play a void elf if you dont want to look like a void elf? If you wanted natural hair color you shouldnt have picked a race infected with void energy. Its like if dh demanded to have their regular eyes back. The race you chose chose to become void soaked and the hair color is part of that. Deal with it.

1 Like

Technically this was a necro of about 25 days.

And it was one of a hundred 25 days ago as well.

1 Like

Fair point.

1 Like

Actually, they didn’t chose to become “void-soaked”. They were just wanting to study void magic, then got exiled and attacked by ethereals, who forced them to be transformed.

And, again, it’s not for people to play Void Elves that look natural. I like void elves looking spooky. It’s to enable players who want to play an Alliance-aligned High Elf to look like one without adding a new race.

5 Likes

Someone in one of the High Elf threads showed a bunch of pics of the Void Elf hair meshes with textures that turned the tentacles into just…locks of hair.

Like it was basically a reskin with the Voidy ‘effect’ disables on the tentacles, and it looked awesome.

I’m neither here nor there about blonde or brown hair tones, but it would be nice if there was a version of the existing hair colours that disabled the voidy, tentaclyness, and just made the hairstyles…well, hair.

Though it’d be nice if any future Void Elf hair meshes looked a little less…wet. Particularly the males. (Also the widow’s peak receding hairline style is a bit much too)

As far as potential future hair meshes go, I’d like to see some options that leaned further into the void tentacle look, and some styles that were just…hair.

So there’s plenty of options on how to explore and expand on the existing options without necessarily going for just copying Blood Elf hair colours. And given the expanded Void Elf options so far have basically been BE textures and hair colours haven’t been included, I’m going to hazard a guess that Blizzard’s probably against giving Void Elves blodne/brown/red/etc hair colours. Which, fair enough.

But of course I could be completely wrong and they could just give it to them at some point. shrug

2 Likes

I don’t care if they’re just copied and pasted from the Blood Elf colors, or if they’re something new entirely. Someone posted Kul Tiran hair colors on velf models earlier, and those looked great!

I just want options for blonde, brown, black, red, and silver. In whatever shades of those. We can kinda get silver with the murky gray option, and there’s a maroon option for red, but… Eh?

I almost wonder if the hair colors would have taken more time to implement than originally thought, and that’s why they haven’t been put in.

My money is on they wanted to stick to their same old, ridiculous idea of not making the factions look “too similar”. So, they gave Void Elves natural skin color to see if that was “good enough” for the high elf fans.

I’m here to say, that was very close, and a lot of people (myself included) were happy with the change, but we can do better! We still want those hair colors.

1 Like

I support some normal hair colors but a lot less than the Blood Elves have and none of the hair styles of the Blood Elves. Give them their own colors and styles and I am good with it. The ship sailed when they added Void Elves instead of making Blood Elves a neutral race or giving Alliance their own High Elf race.

4 Likes

Instead how about giving us an actual GREEN hair color like the Gnomes’? Instead of the turquoise blue they call green we have right now?

2 Likes

Aw thanks for noticing! For what it’s worth I fondly think of you as an unnatural monstrosity as well :hugs: (joke)…

They have gotten so much already while velves got scraps.
Your faction is also overplayed and Alliance is dying.

Blood Elves have gotten literally nothing from Void Elves. Void Elves have robbed us of all our skins and now seek to clone us completely, demand paladins, and demand our capital city, without giving up a single hairstyle or facial hair option.

Blonde elves won’t save it. Go grovel to top raiding guilds, pay their transfer fees. Beg Blizzard to buff Alliance racials even more. Go grovel to streamers who switched faction and pay their transfer fees back.

5 Likes

Colors are fine, male hairstyles on the other hand…

You mostly can have either a Dracula style widow’s peak or greasy Daryl Dixon hanging in the face style.

Actually **** the person(s) who thought it was a good idea to introduce these LORE BREAKING character options!!!

I absolutely hate it. The worst thing to ever have happen to this game.