Give us option to report people for "non topic" politics

Sorry I didn’t hear you say that.

I’ll talk about whatever the heck I want to talk about. Don’t tell me how to play my game

You actually won’t – you’ll talk about whatever is defined as acceptable in the ToS. Know why? Because it’s not “your game.” This game is owned by shareholders, and if you want try and force the management to let you say whatever you want in-game, you better own enough shares to have some serious voting power.

Don’t get 1A twisted – Blizzard is not the government and doesn’t owe you a soapbox. Try reading the fine print you agreed to.

Wait a minute, I am confused…

Are you saying that the government actually owes people a soapbox? I didn’t know that…

That’s why I’m more like Wrathion. I bring both sides gifts and hallucinations.

1 Like

You can’t report me for speaking the truth! Anduin has secretly been consuming Gnomes for power since he was a small child. No more! Rise up brothers and sisters!

1 Like

I can’t even remember the last time someone tried to actually trade in Trade Chat. If you don’t like it, you can turn Trade Chat off.

Same with LookingForGroup. The last time I posted a legit “looking for 2 more” message there, I got laughed out of the room.

Let people enjoy the game in whatever way they like. If you’re not happy with it, you’re free to find another space.

Also: If you’re not cool with your 15-year-old playing WoW because of politics chat, I question your ability to parent. 15 is exactly the time to start exposing a child to complex political discussion.

I think politics should be mandatory to study, the reason that the world is as divided as it is, is due to the complete lack of communication on both sides, which results in an unhealthy tribalism, I talk to people that are both on progressive left and those on the right-wing…yet if I put these people in the same room they would probably kill each other.

I think the other issue with that America has with its Politics… should you choose to vote is that your options are binary. Red or Blue. Republican or Democrat. Without a viable other party - its very easy to fall into an us vs them mentality.

In reality - politics is a spectrum of positions and beliefs… not all of which will fall into a binary system all too well.

As example - Canada has 3 Majorish Parties and 2 specialized Parties on the Federal level.

• Progressive Conservatives is their Right Wing
  • Liberals is the Central-ish (though left leaning) Party
  • NDP as the Left wing
  • Green Party as the Enviromental Party
  • Bloc Quebecois representing French Canadian interests for one Province on the National level.

They all add to the national discussion - and even if everyone is voting party lines you still have more options, than just 2.

But I don’t know how one starts a 3rd party in the states or how much work it would be to get it off the ground.

2 Likes

maybe they need a dedicated “hey, i feel like being an idiot” channel they can go there and argue over crap

The Green party is what you are looking for if you are looking for the 3rd party in the states. The question is whether or not you agree with their platform.

Na I’ll talk about whatever tf I want to. Nice try though

Or Libertarian Party - https://www.lp.org/
Or the People’s Party - https://peoplesparty.org/

The US is trying. Just the majority two parties have been sucking up most of the air (and money).

1 Like

Not sure if there’s a limit to how many people you can ignore, but if there is you can chance unignoring some people to free up slots to ignore people who are presently clogging your trade chat. I remember ignoring alot here and there, but don’t remember hitting a limit on ignores. Also might help to move trade and general chat to their own windows and only flip to them when you feel like looking at them.

They do if a lot of people report.

How bout you teach your kid to think critically so they dont get overwhelmed by other peoples’ agendas

1 Like

Naming policy is still a bit different and enforced on RP servers.
Channels like Trade are no different from other realms.

I have, but knowing how to swim doesn’t means to get into sea storm.

1 Like

Here’s a question - why are you exposing your kid to online games where there are any open lines of communication. Why not limit them single player games or games in which the communication is limited to premade options. (Hearthstone as an example).

If the concern is not them being allowed to exposed to outside ideas… why would you pick an online game like WoW in the first place?

Blizzard is not the government, therefore they can censor your speech and take action against you in their private property (their servers) based solely on speech they don’t like.

Blizzard does not owe you a soapbox.

Two entirely separate ideas.

There is no viable third party in the US. We use a first-past-the-post system that prevents anyone but the two major parties from gaining any momentum or actually holding office in all but the most extraordinary cases.

In the vast majority of elections, voting third party is effectively not voting. In almost every other case, voting third party means taking a vote away from the major candidate closest to you on the issues, making it more likely that the major party candidate you most disagree with will win the election.

See Ross Perot in 1992, Jill Stein in 2016. If Perot’s voters, most of whom leaned Republican, had voted Bush, Bush would have won re-election in 92. If Stein’s voters, most of who leaned Democratic, in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania (and only those 3 states) had voted Clinton, Clinton would have won the 2016 election.