Give the Horde a break

It’s funny how Westfall, which is one of the starter zones ended the same way so many other Alliance questlines ended. Their main base (that they just built up into a fort) eternally on fire lol.

That’s probably why Duskwood & Elwynn were the only decent human zones. Both of them were barely changed from Vanilla minus a few things here and there. If they were so determined to keep Stormwind as the main human realm after WOTLK, they should have used the CATA revamp as a good way to flesh out Stormwind as a kingdom properly. There was a lot they could have explored there. Especially after the Scourge was defeated.

When it comes to the humans, i had some hope for Theramore during CATA. Theramore getting destroyed was one of the biggest disappointments there was as an Alliance & Human fan for me. Literally the second they finally started doing something they got destroyed. We didn’t even get to see them grow as a Kingdom/Culture. They were a Kingdom founded entirely from refugees from all of the northern Kingdoms & it got destroyed with no pay off.

The Worgen got almost entirely ignored in CATA which is insane considering that was the expansion they were introduced in. You had to play Horde to see the continuation of their story in Silverpine. Meanwhile the PC Worgen gets shipped off to Kalimdor with no option to stay behind & fight.

I’m leaving a lot out but that’s only some examples. That’s not even mentioning the scrapped Alliance intro for Twilight Highlands or the Gnomes failing to retake Gnomeregan while the Darkspear got their island back (even if it’s still kind of lackluster.)

7 Likes

Yeah this was incredibly bizarre to me. But I felt like this was the era in time where they wanted you to be playing both factions for the full story. Was not really a fan of this set up.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’d say they’ve definitely changed their philosophy since then. I wasn’t a fan of that setup, but I think the current version, where if you play both sides you get two mutually incompatible stories, is even worse.

4 Likes

Shadowlands improved it. Instead of playing both factions for the full story, now you play four covenants!!

2 Likes

Literally the entire “Battle for Azeroth” was a con job instigated by an insane zombie whose only goal was to murder as many living things as possible to feed her master in super hell. No effort was made to give anyone any justice or closure, except maybe Tyrande. And look how satisfied people are with that.

5 Likes

Tyrande’s not getting any closure, the horde is still invading ashenvale, darkshore is in ruins and the few remaining night elves are still homeless in stormwind.

2 Likes

Sure she is. It might not be closure you like, but she’s the only character who was given any sort of reckoning with BfA’s instigator.

I doubt you’re ever getting an entirely Horde-free Ashenvale, so maybe you’d do well to reconcile yourself to that after however many years it’s been since the first night elf player bawled about having orcs for neighbours.

Darkshore is Alliance territory again. Whether they leave it to rot or regrow it into a fae paradise is their business. Either way they won the battle for it.

True. Sometimes I think Blizzard’s end game for WoW is to dumb Azeroth down to Stormwind, Orgrimmar, and the charred ruins of everything people used to like about the rest of the world.

4 Likes

Sylvanas got to have the whole scene with Uther where she gets to think about what she did, and then again she gets to choose who passes judgement on her and then she gets a kind of penance for what she did. Sylvanas is the only one who gets any kind of closure. Nothing here helped Tyrande or the night elves.

These are all plot points that are not resolved since the WoT, there is no closure for Tyrande or the night elves here, lorewise the night elves had Ashenvale back before WoT and it was that way since the end of MoP where the horde left ashenvale and got Azshara in exchange. It’s just Sylvanas picking up the souls that were unjustly sent to the maw so they can be re judged, there is no peace for Tyrande.

4 Likes

The difference is that the Horde instigated the war and more importantly, lost it. So no territory being exchanged means that the Alliance gave back lands that it had acquired, most notably Tirisfal, for no apparent reason.

Dying and not keeping territory you didn’t acquire is one thing, drying to successfully capture territory only to have your leadership inexplicably give it back is a disgrace.

To say nothing of the colossal difference in moral authority between the Alliance and Horde in BfA.

1 Like

Man, every time I see Alliance players call this crap “victory for the horde,” I wonder… is that really what “victory” looks like to you guys?

Do you just not pay attention to anything?

8 Likes

There were all fifteen minutes of content per patch.
Also, lmao at Alliance players trying to say Horde players get more content.
Imagine bold faced lying like that, it’s like trying to say water isn’t wet.
:joy:

5 Likes

Its a victory in an objective sense of the word. The Horde dismantled the Alliance’s major foothold in Kalimdor and just wiped out so many Night Elves that is unlikely the Alliance will ever be able to regain the level of power and influence they once had.

By contrast, the Horde may have lost the Undercity, but no real civilians in the process. I’d say the Horde can also create more Forsaken whenever they want, but the issue of procreation has wound up in limbo for them as far as I’m aware. Without Sylvanas and her Val’kyr, how do the Forsaken increase their numbers?

3 Likes

If you are going to be disengenious from the very first reply then there is little point in engaging with you.

10 Likes

This is what dread does. He’s the king of moving the goal posts as it were :wolf:

8 Likes

I wasn’t being disingenuous, you’re being intentionally obtuse. I spent all of BFA wanting to do stuff with Saurfang. I got 15 minutes of Saurfang content (or fewer!) per patch.

1 Like

In one breath, you acknowledge the existence of the extra content and in the next you deny its existence and label me a liar.

No, there is no point in discussing this further. You have yourself a nice day.

10 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I was wrong.
It wasn’t fifteen minutes per patch.

:joy:

1 Like

So like the extra stuff that the Alliance got in Legion?

2 Likes

Or the Darkshore victory cutscenes in BFA?
Or the interactions between Tyrande and Anduin in BFA?