Give the Horde a break

Do you happened about Garona Halforcen? I see that the Horde in truth; as after the end of Battle for Azeroth.

Yeah, the war campaign just felt like ways to let you explore the zones where the main story happened for the other faction. And if you expected the war campaign to have less of the opposite faction in it than it did, you are insane.

2 Likes

Saurfang cinematics were not horde exclusive, and he left the horde at the beginning of BfA. Every Saurfang cinematic contained Anduin.

The rebellion questline was exclusively horde content. While I dont think the honeybee mount makes up for teldrassil I do think it makes up for not being given the choice to side with Sylvanas. I’m sorry you didnt get that opportunity.

2 Likes

Man it was like three extra quests between Reb and Loyalist storylines. I would’ve rather had the bumble bee mount, all things considered. Which was a Blue exclusive.

More of this story is not a bonus.

8 Likes

I didn’t say Alliance had less I just said it was Horde centric, Alliance just followed what the Horde did and when they undid what the horde did they waited until their next move.

Just as Legion quests being mostly about Alliance heroes and race but it was still didn’t stop many Horde players justifiably feeling left out of the narrative. The cinematics were for the Horde identity, self-identity crisis and all the other good stuff.
Whatever you want to argue it was or wasn’t about it certainly wasn’t about the Alliance or Night Elves who got pretty shafted early in that expansion.

The honeybee was mostly for all the BFA mount models for the Alliance were re-used assets from WoD and 97 variety of horse mounts while Horde got a variety of dinosaur mounts.

Hopefully next expansion we will get extra quests and several high quality cinematic to make up for it.

The bee was because the Alliance had re-used wod assets and a horses while Blizzard had a lot of fun creating a variety of dinosaurs for the Horde for their mounts.
I guess it was Blizzard’s way of apologizing… they probably ran out of time as always.

4 Likes

You do know that the Alliance actually has more exclusive mount models than the horde does?

Are these the dinosaurs that have been around since MoP and that the Alliance could use too?

1 Like

I don’t feel compelled to remind the other participants that I know the game, characters or stories are not reality. Nobody should feel compelled to do that when engaging in a lore thread on a lore forum. I honestly don’t get the point of your post

Dude idk I’m not a writer. It’s literally their job to come up with answers and new stories. I’m merely pointing out the things I think should be addressed. Please be reassured though I’m not advocating for a KT genocide zzz

However I don’t think the Alliance is given any sort of preferential treatment, at least not in terms of content. We got cool stuff in BFA. The ARs were all pretty good to me, the Zandalar storyline was amazing, Dazar’alor is my favorite capital in all of WoW, and I liked the war campaign. Nobody should be jealous of the “two story routes” though. It felt like an insult more than anything else.

What I’m talking about is the place of the Horde in the narrative. Many others in this thread phrased it much better than I could do as a non native English speaker, but the idea is that there is a significant, particularly frustrating asymmetry between what writers think the Horde is, should be and should do, and what most Horde fans think the Horde is, should be and should do.

6 Likes

You ask for the Horde to stop being cast as villains. Cue every response being about The Horde winning this, the Alliance losing that, which population should the Horde massacre next, etc. My point is people get so carried away with their faction allegiance that the discussion can’t even take place, because their bias is so fundamentally skewed in one direction that they aren’t capable of even having it.

Basically, you’re trying to have a meta discussion about how the writers have ruined the Horde and are immediately derailed by a chorus demanding justice for the actions of The Horde and the atrocities they have committed. It’s not even the same conversation.

15 Likes

Lol no they don’t. They want to write for Anduin and his super-friends. Everyone else exists for dunking on so that he can feel sad or indignant, or to get Wrynnsplained to show how righteous and wise he is.

13 Likes

and PLEASE make these horde characters they build be independent from the Alliance. I need a horde hero to be proud of that I know will have my back if the alliance abuses us. I don’t trust Baine, Thrall, or Calia to do that currently.

2 Likes

On the other hand if we DO choose to play a more ruthless horde toon please don’t shame me for it (in game conversations) or make me do long questlines helping characters like Tyrande only for her to spit in my face on quest completion. I’m totally down with player a “death to everything blue” character but i don’t want to do quests for Tyrande only to listen to her rant about not liking me or listen to Baine complain that i hurt his human buddies.

2 Likes

Exactly. I don’t wanna quest with a rude lady who hates me for decisions I didn’t even get to make, lol.

3 Likes

You almost have it right. Baine will be there however, Calia and Thrall are the two that are missing. If Baine wasnt there he wouldnt be able to run off and snitch to Jaina and Anduin what our plans are. Thats core to his character.

1 Like

No idea but I remember the controversy of the early days of the expansion where Horde had a variety of mounts while the Alliance got the same horse with different shades of color and eventually Blizzard made a bee to make them shut up.

As far as I remember the models were unique but the mount animations were re-used.

A raid perhaps to kill Katherine Proudmoore? (Maybe just a quest raid thing)
Like Talanji goes to kill Jaina but she isn’t there and ends up killing her mom instead.

I would certainly love to get my Horde hating Jaina back!

4 Likes

Hasn’t this been canonically declared to be fake and wrong?

As I wrote on another thread:

2 Likes

no they said it was not reliable, just sounded like an excuse to not explore things to be honest.

Which are still the alliance…

2 Likes

Fixed that for you. Blizz doesnt write for the alliance. They write for 3 very specific humans. The dev team doesn’t actually understand what a Alliance is or means. :wolf:

9 Likes

sure man, I think Anduin, Jaina and Tryunda got plenty of screen time. Alot more then any horde character.

Sylvanas? Or she doesn’t count?

3 Likes