Give pro flyers their own servers

Well, I’ve given your idea the consideration it deserves and I’ve reached what I believe to be a thoughtful conclusion based on experiental and anecdotal information.

3 Likes

Felstriker, go.

Flamelash:

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/ecldkw/current_state_of_flamelash/

They did give pro flyers their own servers. You are in one of them.

They also gave you walking types your own.

To make it simple:

Retail: flying servers
Classic: walking servers

1 Like

Horde are still there. Go see. But here’s the story of how the alliance fled an unbalanced server leaving it basically a horde pve server:

The server isn’t dead, just the alliance population. Two very different things.

Go. Login. To Felstriker.

Do a /who

Try to grasp at straws after that.

1 Like

How about you anti flyers go on your own server…

Oh wait. That’s Classic! Off you go now.

3 Likes

Flying or not flying isn’t an argument of convenience, and those like you who try to take the argument in this direction are missing the point.

Felstriker isn’t dead either.

1 Like

That wasnt a response to the post above mine. It was a response to the idea of separate servers for people who want flight.

1 Like

I want a “the ground is lava” server and if you land you burn to death.

1 Like

Lol if classic had flying they all would be flying. Lack of flying isn’t what made classic popular its nostalgia and simplicity, by simplicity I mean lack of bloat and feeling like you can jump back into the game without feeling leagues behind every other player.

1 Like

This implies that PF and the wait for flying is the reason for loss in sub numbers when it isn’t. I very much stayed on topic and corrected you, perhaps some reading comprehension on your part?

Better yet, transfer all characters on all accounts from normal servers to flight-free accounts when people insist they want to be segregated away from flight. Starting anti-flight posts on the forum is a good way to tell who needs this.

Better keep trying to censor people who are giving examples of what they believe. That always works.

Flight restriction is one of the reasons for loss in sub numbers. It could be the main reason.

I think “power trip” describes it better.

Yes. You mean make flying inconvenient and dangerous so people will gladly grind pathfinder and wait a year for flight and be shot down out of the sky whenever they attempt to travel to get to the stuff they need to do in the world.

I’m not understanding why you would think that would be a popular change. Or were you just planning on cutting down the population to a tiny fraction of what it is now?

Hey, maybe we can have aerial attackers shoot down people taking flight paths, too. And when you go into an inn to AFK, they should bomb it and kill you.

Nowhere should be safe and there should be no fun in the game at all. Because fun is bad. Maybe we can even have a giant meta achieve grind to earn the privilege of AFKing when you need a break. They could time gate it a year. If you didn’t grind it out, your character would spontaneously explode and you’d have to reroll.

There are so many things they could still do to make the game less fun. Maybe you should get on that.

1 Like

There’s like 1 anti-flight thread a week, and you start it.

Driving away millions of players would increase revenue? Who knew?

The fact is that despite a community that thinks vanilla was designed to be a museum game and is perfect in every way, devs at the time realized that a lot of “features” were actually limiting possible growth of the game by driving away customers who got tired of things like walking from a graveyard to a flight point on the other end of the zone. There were a lot of bugs in vanilla. They weren’t there to enhance the experience, they stayed there because devs put off fixing them until the next expansion.

BC was popular and population grew. Wrong type of people for you? That’s a you problem.

bahaha you really think the ‘grinded for pathfinder’ holds any bloody water. ‘waah I grinded for weeks in raids to get this gear only to have the next tier of content have stuff hit me as hard as the prior stuff did when I was fresh to it’. It’s not being shot out of the sky like in Wrath or BC, it’s having things that can pursue or aggro you that you have to actively navigate away from. Daze protection already exists. The sky shouldn’t be a away to escape content and AFK worry free. Log out or find an inn. Bloody play the game.

Plenty of safe places out in the world, but the sky is too safe. Get a grip.

Ah, the “I suffered, now everybody else should suffer 10 times as much because poor raiders have it so tough” claim.

You sound like a raid logger, someone who avoids going out into the world, but who likes to think of ways that other people can be annoyed and inconvenienced.

I don’t understand people who think that the game would be approaching perfection if only there were hardly any subscribers.

2 Likes

That would be amazing.

It’s okay you don’t like classic. The servers aren’t dead, or dying. We saw a slight decrease as expected, but far from dead or dying. as Reece has shown you.

Please don’t spout misinformation.

1 Like

I came back because a lot of changes that were made I felt ruined the game. Flying being one of them. It should have ended in BC.

you sound like someone who is incapable of understanding me mocking the vapidity of your argument with an equally vapid one. Thank you for proving the hot air you are posting here is nothing more than knee jerk crying. Stop whining about pathfinder, stop pretending flying should be a ‘get out of content’ win cad.

Flying has 0 to do with sub counts. Azerite and a garbage story are the reasons people stopped playing, No one cares about flying except for do nothing peons who are constantly crying about how they are broke as they sit around for hours on end doing nothing.