Give Nightborne the attention Void Elves get

Both Blood And Void Elves have/are getting the High Elf theme to allow people to pick there fantasy.

:woman_facepalming:

Basically, “I’m upset because Alliance finally got something for once” type of post.

I am excited for the new customisations for the other Allied Races, but honestly, for the Nightborne, I wish Blizzard didn’t screw up in the first place when they first added the Nightborne. But hopefully, it does give much more love to the Nightborne.

I’ll be happy to update mine when the new NB Customisations come to live.

1 Like

Lightforged needs more weapon recolors… I’m glad that the developers finally gave the Nightborne their weapons. It will only take five years from now on to give the other races their weapons as well.

I’m still waiting on some of the core races Heritage Armor too.

I’m all for seeing things shared between parent and allied races.

Five hair colors, and then three more, all copy/pasted. “So much,” indeed.

I think the lesson here is, “ask for easy things, maybe they’ll happen.”

6 Likes

Completely agree! Seeing the new stuff shows what they could have been at the start! It’s not as late as the fem worgen fixes(though they need to fix the female voice she sounds like she’s smoked 6 packs of smokes a day for 30 years), still late. Blizzard is still not forgiven in my eyes for how badly they’ve dropped the ball on things but we’re going in the right direction though it will take a lot of time and effort. Going from ‘nah we’re not doing any more customization’ to giving me more then I thought they’d give the Nightborne gives me hope. It’s a tiny bit of hope that has been stomped on but it’s there. Male nightborne still need a bit more work(ALL THE SCOWL FACES) so hopefully they listen to the feedback.

Weapons and more Heritage armors yes please 10/10

2 Likes

Looking at wowhead, it appears that nightborne have more interesting options than void elves in 9.1.5.

All void elves got was hair colors and a broken toggle to hide/show hair tentacles.

8 Likes

I’ll be honest it’s pretty irritating to see you Void Elf people complain that all you got was “copy/paste” stuff. It’s exactly what you’ve been asking for. You’ve been asking for natural colored hair, skin and eyes. All I see is “we want to be high elves” and you basically have it now. The Nightborne had 3 skintones before this, now they have 10. Void Elves have 20…TWENTY!! Maybe ask for new stuff and not copy/paste stuff. Void Elf is a hand me down with hand me down customization. Don’t be mad that you have to look like a Blood Elf now and that’s what you got because from all I have seen all over these forums, that’s exactly what has been cried about for over a year now.

10 Likes

awwwwwwwwww look the void elves are crying how sweet. the other AR races should be more of a priorty. the fact it’s taken this company this long to listen is the real crime.

3 Likes

it’s what they wanted and now they are demanding silvermoon.

3 Likes

all good with that, that’s what most asked for but don’t come to the forums with bait titles saying void elves are the only one getting stuff, you only gotta open ptr customizations to see nightborn have a lot more things

dalaran suits better

2 Likes

Let me stop you right there.

It’s not complaining. It’s pointing out a fact. Yes, we got what we asked for. We got a low-effort addition, because many of us (at least I know for sure myself) didn’t want to detract resources from other races that need new customizations.

Yes, we got low-effort additions. The entire point was that is not much, but its enough for us to be satisfied. We didn’t need new hair colors that come with new textures and special effects. We would settle for less.

So whenever someone crops up with, “Void Elves got so much,” I will counter with, “We got X, which isn’t much,” because it isn’t. It’s what we wanted, because we’re not trying to be greedy.

5 Likes

I will call 100% BS right in your face. ever since void elves were added you all have been on a bing to drestoy anything blood elves and the fact you want and got a toggle for removing tenticles says all it was never about being VOID it was all about being a High elf cut and dry. the fact someone posted and it was a void elf they want silvermoon today shows how greedy you all are and yes i said ALL.

6 Likes

:thinking:

So because one person says they want A, it automatically means the rest of the people also want A.

That’s like saying that all white people in the planet are racists because one white man in particular is racist.

It doesn’t make any sense. Like, at all.

But you do you.

3 Likes

Both arguments are valid. And as we can see now, Blizzard is correcting their mistake and giving the Alliance their High Elves which should have been released back in Legion.

It was a bait-topic. I find it very disingenuous to put all the players into one pot just because it suits your argument.

9 Likes

It sounds complainy and ungrateful though. We got stuff but it was easy so it isn’t as valuable as what you got even though it’s exactly what we asked for and it’s unfair to say we’ve gotten favorable treatment because the exact things we wanted were easier to make.

Look I don’t mind the void elf players and honestly if you guys want to look like blood elves I guess whatever at this point. What I honestly do mind though is that void elves have gotten nothing for the void side of the race and that has made me resent the whole community that has asked for the blood elf copy paste. I feel like you guys have ruined void elves and now they’re just hand me down blood elves.

7 Likes

Call it all you want. As I said before, the fact most are perfectly happy to accept copy/pastes rather than demand brand new things is proof in effect that we’re not trying to be greedy about our request.

I don’t know who you’re accusing of wanting to destroy anything Blood Elf, but I assure you, I’m not in that camp, wherever it is. I am in favor of the tentacle toggle, and I hope in the future that hairstyles without tentacles on Void Elves get them added through it as well. However, as that would be something new that needs to be made, I can appreciate why its not coming right now.

So one troll posts that they want Silvermoon for High Elves/Alliance and suddenly everyone who has ever supported having High Elves added wants it? Ease back from the tribalism, my friend. Not everyone in a group thinks alike. If you’ve got a problem with someone because they want to take Silvermoon away from the Blood Elves, go bring it to them, not to me. I’ve always been firmly in the camp that Quel’Thalas belongs to the Blood Elves, full stop, and I’ll never understand anyone who claims to support the addition of High Elves who thinks otherwise, when the one sole consistent story element of High Elves was that they abandoned that tyrant police state with it’s literal thought police.

6 Likes

This is true. Blizzard is still backpaddling from the Mechagnome disaster by giving the Alliance the High Elves they asked for.

you both can call it what you want people warned of this years ago and before the new Forums the old forum had a quite a few post about void elves getting silvermoon so don’t go there.

I don’t care if it was a troll post it shows that void players are not happy no matter what and now some are crying cause they only got copy and paste while others recived total overhaul.

2 Likes

You have elves that have myriad of hair and skin tones. They are called Blood Elves and most of the horde play them

1 Like

I can see that, thank you. I’ll try to word my posts differently in the future to convey gratitude as well as the fact that it isn’t, “a whole lot,” or anything.

It’s minimal, but its also what many of us (or again, myself at the least) wanted, because it doesn’t detract resources from other races that need new things.

Well, as there is only one playable race with Void assets, there isn’t anything to copy/paste from to give Void Elves more customization. These assets need to be created, which will cost time and resources. I would think that is evident enough as to why Void Elves haven’t received new void customizations; it’s not their turn. I hope when it is their turn we see plenty of new things. There’s a thread by Fenelon with some truly amazing ideas (personally I love the ethereal wraps).