Give More with the Gift of Dragonflight

Typical. They always give free stuff to those who aren’t committed, yet don’t care or give anything to the loyal fans.

13 Likes

My friend won’t come back even if I buy it for them. They’re legit done, haven’t logged in for over six years. I tried to talk them into coming back for DF but nope.

4 Likes

It’s amazing how Blizzard cares so little about loyal WoW fans. Those of us who pre-ordered the base or heroic edition received nothing more than being able to play the new class and race in advance and nothing more. and in less than 1 month of launch, they make this offer for those who do not have it. honestly, this is a joke.

8 Likes

Weird incentive but aight.

Wonder if this also works with the recruit a friend stuff?

I always find it hilarious when Blizzard does these promotions to get more people to play and the people already playing complain they don’t get anything.

That is the point of these promotions, to drive more sales.

Look, I get you want to promote your game for the Holidays. But if you really want to score points and not put off your most loyal fans, you should make it so anyone who purchased Dragonflight before January 2, 2023 gets the free month.

EDIT: This would still boost your holiday sales, while also making everyone who pre-purchased the expansion feel really good about their decision to purchase early.

7 Likes

The only thing I know that came with any game time was the base game. None of the expansions in my memory had any included.

5 Likes

i know for a fact the original game box came with 30 days but you had to set up the sub to access the 30 days.

i remember cause i was a kid without CC yet and expected to be able to play 30 days without setting anything up but nope :wink:

was under the impression that it might have been the case for xpacks after but i might very well be wrong.

1 Like

i just pick it up last week :scream_cat:

2 Likes

Good question

wow i just bought it 2 days before drop. laaame

6 Likes

You know, the weird thing is, this kind of incentivizes people not to preorder your expansions.

14 Likes

While this is cool, k8nda makes me mad i bought epic edition for 30 days of playtime, now i could have got that for free with regular edition.

Hmmm

8 Likes

The dealer knows they already got you hooked on the “stuff” they want you to bring in your friends to get them a habit started.

Blizzard is so desperate to get DF on twitter trending, twitch drops don’ do it, paying off streamers didn’ do it, Relaxing refer-a-friend didn’ do it… Giving away gametime for a game people outside our little addict sphere won’ do it either.

Maybe try making a good game not laser-beam focused on milking every last dime and moment of time out of your customer base and people would wanna play? CrAAaaAAaazy Idea!

Reel Tawk peimp

4 Likes

Damn wish I had waited lol

Welcome to like any promotion ever, enjoy your stay.

1 Like

Hey @blizzard how about offering 30 days of free game time when you buy a paid character transfer of 2 or more characters from 1 account to another!

1 Like

Nice name… and also my Classic server. <3

Back on topic though, DF was the first expansion I didn’t pre-order or otherwise pick up on launch day. I was hoping for a drop in price, but this may be enough for me to actually pick it up before January. If Blizzard is looking for more sales, I assume giving out game time is less on their bottom line than dropping the price of the game 30%.

1 Like

Tbh, I wouldn’t suggest this game to anyone.

12 Likes

I always loved those surveys after a Customer Service interaction.

How likely are you to keep playing WoW? 10
How likely are you to recommend the game to a friend? 1

1 Like