Give heirloom xp bonus back

can we make heirlooms actually worth upgrading again? why would i sink gold into something like looms when they dont give a xp bonus when they used to. right now they are barely better than blues… thats not why we acquired them…

36 Likes

Make heirlooms great again I suppose.

That doesnt have a good track record in general …

As someone who just came back to WoW after some years of absence, I would really like the heirloom bonus XP back as well. I just see no point in upgrading them as they are.

7 Likes

i have a bunch siting at 45 or so max and i dont want to sink the gold into it knowing i can grind 5 mans and get better gear or about the same

4 Likes

Yeah it was kind of strange to come back and thinking I could just upgrade my heirlooms to max, but then realized the bonus is gone. Not that leveling in itself is slow but I originally bought them for the bonus, so it would be nice to still have it. As it is now, I won’t spend more gold on them.

2 Likes

I want my stats back. I bought both stat variations of heirlooms of different armor types because some specs had different requirements than others. But when they implemented level scaling they made them all crit-haste, crit, or haste. Especially now that mastery goes down to level 10, heirlooms should go back to multiple options. If we have two sets of leather gear, the pieces should have different stats.

10 Likes

I agree. I started up a new toon yesterday and I actually didnt bother to equip some of the pieces because the gear I had for some slots was better than the heirlooms. Whats the point of expensive heirlooms if they serve no purpose? The things they do provide are, imo, crap.

There is no reason to take away the experience, Ive always believed that and I probably always will. It was a heartless move to extend the time played thing.

7 Likes

the weapons are decent if you have bad rng

They are less impactful now. Mainly just scaling gear, which is still nice. The exp buff was removed because it wasn’t needed anymore, leveling is way faster now than it used to be.

But you can always just not upgrade them. Save your gold for other things, not a big deal.

5 Likes

They’re worth it to me. I never have to swap gear as I level and never have to transmog while leveling.

We level so fast now that the XP bonus would be insanely over the top.

5 Likes

The best ones are the ones you cant get now, like the Decapitator from SoO, with their multiple gem slots. They never had an experience buff but made up for it with the gemming.

2 Likes

If they change the leveling gear bonanza, and actually make heirlooms something.

Because right now, the difference between leveling with them and without them do not really make up for “wanting something about them” as they are, or as they were.

For them to really impact the leveling in a meaningful way, they need to get more impacting as the gear you can loot while leveling got.

At the time heirlooms were put, gear wasnt really that easy to come by without them. After that, the leveling experience was changed, and THAT was what made heirlooms irrelevant, not changes in them.

1 Like

they dont make leveling faster so they are effectively worthless. which was the entire point also the stats are bad and they used to be alot better

1 Like

They do have some use - for example, you can fill ring, neck and trinket slots which are difficult at low levels. Also, the gear levels up with you so you dont need to find certain pieces but can replace them if you find something you like better. And they can be enchanted, so if you have them equipped for a long time, you dont need to constantly renew enchants.

2 Likes

It is hard to get the title king slayer at low levels, and it doesnt really help you in any meaningful way.

yeah i guess it still doesnt justify the crap stats vs what they used to have. they should make leveling faster to justify the gold cost… otherwise what is the point of getting them at all

1 Like

There’s an old saying “comparisons are odious”. Yours certainly fits that. :face_with_monocle:

Certain enchants are very good - Mark of the Hidden Satyr on the neck for example. Its provides a very decent dps boost. And Elemental Force on weapons (great if you use two) is also excellent and worth the investment.

1 Like

they dont give the 10% xp buff they used to have im not investing a copper. selling us a ferrarri and now its a honda civic si. it was taken from the driveway overnight and getting told this is good enough

4 Likes

Stop with the weird examples, please. Its hurting my brain.

1 Like

I enjoyed it as an altaholic I could slap in Chants on all of my heirlooms mail them no matter what faction

Never had to swap gear as I leveled

I would be able to fill low level slots like shoulders rings necks and with all of the chant it up I killed things so fast that the leveling was extremely fast
It could always be better if the XP boost was put back on but like somebody said we already level pretty fast it’s not an issue that I ran into at all

2 Likes