Give All High Elves Golden Eyes

golden eyes are for priests/paladins only ex. confirmed by danuser. you must have a strong devotion to the light to manifest them

ion may have wiped that out. so really all high elves should be manifesting gold now then

1 Like

(Commentary): They should have done that from the start. There was no reason the Void Elves should’ve been Blood Elves instead of the Silver Covenant. I doubt Umbric would be any less engaging of a character if he’d been a Magister of the Silver Covenant, and chose to embrace the change.

11 Likes

Exacitor is right, HE’s don’t tap it the same way, they felt it when the sunwell was re-lit and passively can draw on it, but their not juicing up like the BE’s are.

And not all HE’s are paladins/preists, so even taking that angle isn’t likely to give them gold eyes… maybe in another handful of years sure since even passively drawing on it you’ll still see some saturation, but not yet.

Agreed, or if they HAD to keep the BE’s as the start point, have them bring the silver convent in during the unlock quest as part of reuniting with the Alliance.

7 Likes

“The Sunwell is thus returned to us,” Aurora said. She turned her face to the window.
“Yes,” Lor’themar replied.

Aurora’s voice startled him. “I had wondered why the pangs of the addiction felt so eased lately. I have not needed… help… to cope.”
“The magic in the Sunwell is different now,” Lor’themar said. “It may take a while for some to adjust.”
“Some, yes.” Aurora reached her hand up and seemed to grasp something that Lor’themar could not see, twisting it between her fingers as if it were a long ribbon. “I am a priestess of the Light. I know this magic.”

you dont need to ‘tap’ it. its a passive connection, like breathing for high elves. they are all connected to it

1 Like

(Commentary): Personally I’d rather it had just been the Silver Covenant. For one thing, leading with Umbric keeps it a, ‘Blood Elf,’ faction, and maintains that story of proving themselves to the Alliance, which is something the Silver Covenant does not need to do. The Void Elves would’ve been loyal allies who endured a tragic accident and were being supported by the Alliance, rather than twice-traitors who messed with dark powers and paid the price. It would be a VERY different narrative. Also, I think the Blood Elves are better off WITHOUT a bunch of their people breaking off every now and then to form a new faction.

4 Likes

oh god not this thing again

you can’t stump devs dump.

get over it with the debates and spitefulness

what difference does it make tho? void elves still arent getting blood elf skin tones. ion made it clear AGAIN today. they want faction distinction

1 Like

Correct, but the blood elves are the ones in close proximity to it, their still going to the sunwell, and silvermoon is close enough that they are being bathed in it compared to the HE’s who still have the connection… but its distant. I’m not saying HE’s wouldn’t develop the gold eyes down the line, i just feel it would take longer.

Don’t need the skin tones, more of a “it would stop the HE argument” and give the void elves a story line of their own without requiring the blood elves… also wrap up the HE story line, rather then them keep poping up everywhere as NPC’s

EDIT: In a nutshell, i like the blood elves, them loosing more people to jump ship to the alliance as void infused was meh… i also dislike the constant arguing for high elves in the alliance and NPC’s used to back it up… having the silver convent be the start point for the void elves and replacing the HE npc’s with VE npc’s would have solved both.

1 Like

alex said that anything is possible and to not lose hope on at least void elf high elf customization… so

and that guy is like the director of creative

2 Likes

the game director took a very strong stance today. youre not getting blood elf skin tones

2 Likes

(Commentary): The narrative I described above. Rather than the Blood Elves splintering for the umpteenth time (which is lame for Blood Elf players to lose characters), the Void Elves could’ve continued the Silver Covenant’s narrative in a new direction. Instead of twice-traitor elves who messed with dark powers and paid the price, the Void Elves would’ve been loyal allies who suffered a tragic fate and are struggling to cope and continue to aid the Alliance.

(Commentary): I never suggested this. Though I wouldn’t rule it out.

(Commentary): He said nothing about faction distinction. His words were along the lines of, ‘blue eyes don’t make sense for Blood Elves,’ no doubt referencing the lore people have been mentioning for months now about the gold eyes being a result of actively drawing on the Sunwell and using the Light, and the fel eyes taking much, much, much longer to be cleansed. Even then, gold eyes would become more prominent. Seems overall more likely that eventually all Blood Elves would have gold eyes.

7 Likes

there are many different directors for wow. there is the game director, the creative director, the art director.

game director serves as the mouthpiece between players and the dev team as well as oversees the development of the game as a whole while taking info from the creative director, the art director etc

Blood Elves are High Elves no matter how many times you guys plug your ears and scream that they arent.

3 Likes

They are not. They’ve gone through physiological changes since renaming themselves Blood Elves. If they are still High Elves, then they are still Night Elves too, since psychical changes mean nothing to you.

You’ve been checkmated at this point. Please don’t embarrass yourself further.

7 Likes

yes he said lorewise. even though they are blasted by the sunwell arcane/holy magic 24/7 :roll_eyes:, and void elves with blood elf skin tones make absolutely no sense at all

1 Like

nah they do.

look at alleria

7 Likes

Literally who?

Get Metzen on the line and we’ll talk about official lore.

1 Like

The only physical changes they’ve had are their eye colors changing, and this was due to fel corruption. Your argument is akin to arguing green orcs arent actually orcs.

1 Like

yeah danuser has a sylvanas body pillow

4 Likes

Shes a poor example, as she didn’t go void the same way the VE’s did

2 Likes