Give All High Elves Golden Eyes

if blue makes no sense lorewise for blood elves, despite the fact they are high elves, then all high elves should have golden eyes. as they all share the same connection to the sunwell

update all high elf NPCs alliance/horde to have golden eyes

28 Likes

Bro please drop this no one cares.

96 Likes

Probably gonna take a bit more time than that, only now Light wielding Blood Elves are getting them, so hold your horses.

1 Like

Blood Elves May be High Elves but High Elves aren’t Blood Elves.

60 Likes

connected to the same source of magic joy. blue eyes can also come from any ‘high’ elf repatriating back into quel’thalas

3 Likes

Different biology. I don’t intend on listening to anything Ion has to say myself, but I’ve heard he said Blood Elves evolved beyond their blue eyes, or something, which makes them genetically distinct from their High Elf cousins.

Sorry!

5 Likes

When High Elves get added playable I think we’ll see how moved in from the Sunwell they really are as opposed to their Sin’dorei kin.

I do enjoy our Golden eyes options though on Blood Elves, Green and Gold. Perhaps HEs playable can be Blue and Gold.

10 Likes

actually they are biologically the same thing and both feed on the acane/holy sunwell

4 Likes

Not really. Though Lor’themar does allow pilgrimage to the sunwell for the alliance elves, they don’t live in silvermoon anymore. They don’t spend all day absorbing its holy magic.

14 Likes

You keep saying this, despite it not being true.

You stopped being a high elf years and years ago. It’s time to accept that already.

42 Likes

15 years doesn’t change your entire species.
All the name ‘Blood’ Elf is, is a name change.
Nice desperate reach though.

16 Likes

People still not understanding how Fel magic works is laughable

5 Likes

Ion said specifically they’ve evolved iirc from the livestream.

Regardless as BE fan more so myself I want undead BE customization so I’m sad it’s not assured yet.

6 Likes

all high elves are connected to the same source of magic lan. an alliance high elf cannot go in another direction then a blood elf

4 Likes

The ones who use the Sunwell said energies I would agree with you.

Yet ion also said VEs are another flavor of HE. Are they connected to the Sunwell? In fact why would any HE that doesn’t make pilgrimage trips to the Sunwell be connected to the Sunwell. There are other sources of mana for them.

3 Likes

High Elves: never got tainted by fel magic
Blood Elves: got tainted by fel magic, some are now ‘light powered’

This isn’t difficult lol

26 Likes

(Commentary): Not quite the same connection. High Elves are passively sustained by the Sunwell. They do not actively tap into it. Indeed, as of the latest visit to the Sunwell Plateau, there are no longer High Elf Pilgrims or even Auric there to represent the High Elves. It seems every High Elf who wanted to visit the Sunwell did so and went back to their normal every-day lives in the Alliance. By contrast the Blood Elves actively empower themselves with the Sunwell, particularly the light-using Blood Knights. That was the reason they got Gold Eyes.

(Speculative): So long as High Elves are only passively sustained by the Sunwell rather than directly drawing from it (which they can’t do because it’s held by the Blood Elves), then there isn’t much reason for them to gain access to gold eyes. Not unless X’era comes back and starts Lightforging a bunch of them, I suppose. Then we’ll have Sun Elves, with a gold and blue and white version of the Void Elf Heritage Armor.

17 Likes

I trust Ion with lore as much as i do a baby with a handgernade… really i trust his choices all about the same as the baby but i digress…

The split was political at first yes, but BE’s taking in fel magic and not a mix of light/arcane has to have changed them somewhat from the HE stragglers who were suriving off of draining magic from artifacts/ living in outland where they were bathed in arcane.

At this point they need to just void up all the HE npc’s so we can kill this argument x_x

1 Like

same connection. regardless of distance. you could be in an AU. thats just how high elves and the sunwell work

1 Like

(Commentary): Unit Exacitor suggests you read his full text. High Elves are passively sustained by the Sunwell. They do not have access to it the same way Blood Elves do. The reason Blood Elves have gold eyes is due to drawing on the Sunwell’s power in a more active manner, especially for Blood Knights. It’s something High Elves cannot do without being in closer proximity to the Sunwell.

9 Likes