Gilneas Horde Reconnections

In this thread, please post if you played WoW on the Horde side of Gilneas in 2004-2006.

For best results, post what you remember about yourself and your friends you used to play with:

• Your character’s name, race and class.
  • The name of your original guild on this realm.
  • The character names of other players you’re hoping to reconnect with.

Please stick with in-game info, and do not post IRL identifying information about yourself or others.

To quickly find if the friend or guild you’re looking for is listed here, use the Search function! Just select the magnifier icon on the top right – be sure to check “Search this topic” to limit your results to this thread.

Good luck finding your former mates!

CLASSIC IS COMING! WHO’s gonna play again from GILNEAS PEEPS!

4 Likes

Thinking about it!

Hell yeah, what’s up, brothers

I plan on playing a ton since I’m taking two weeks off from work, leading up to its launch I’ve been making Wowhead guides specifically for Classic. In addition, I worked at Blizzard for nearly 4 years as a Game Master.

All of my funny social information is on here if any y’all want to add me: classic.wowhead .com/user=Ragorism (apparently I can’t include links in my post, so fix the URL)

It’s gonna be lit :ok_hand:

EDIT: Looks like my guild and I are gonna be playing on Fairbanks Horde

1 Like

Hey, Mithu here, with Balar. Played with those from Blood Oath Clan on Gilneas back from the beginning to right before MoP. Let me know if you guys are going to try it out!

5 Likes

Grundlefist here. Would love to see Izzie, Garth and Greavous again. I will be trying this out at launch.

Heya, I played in Blood Oath Clan during classic: Bobsaget Troll hunter! Definitely plan on playing classic! Blood Oath Clan 2.0?

3 Likes

I was pretty young during Vanilla and didn’t get really get into Warcraft until they released they video about the new expansion - The Burning Crusade! That’s when I decided it was time get serious and level my undead warlock, Jazyj. I joined Axis of Evil Dead on my warlock before I rerolled my new main ( who is still my main to this day ) - a Troll Shaman named Thefuzzyguy.

I still play at times but no longer on Gilneas - Thefuzzyguy became a Dwarf Shaman at one point as I joined some real life friends on another server to take Heroic Lei-Shen and Garrosh. After taking a break from the game for school and starting my career (currently in my 4th year of teaching) I came back at the end of Legion. That’s also around the time I heard of classic Wow launch, which seems to have my interest more than the current game. The only difference is that I may move to a pvp server this time around.

whats up jazz?..Angryprince here are we coming back or what ?? good to see you here my old friend.

Hey Mithu, I used to play Dante back in the day. I hope you and Balar are doing great you all ran a great guild. I tried getting my old friends Full and Poju to jump back in after all these years but they had lousy excuses such as kids, and work…lol

Marguul here. Troll shaman (resto) through Vanilla and BC. The only guild I really remember being in is Lords of Honor.

Hope all are well.

Almar here, my first toon and main since 2005. Orc hunter, on Gilneas thru BC, continuous player since. Guild was Dogz of War. Will be checking out classic.

1 Like

Kamzin - Orc Warrior (Prot) / Kamzel - Undead Priest (Shadow/Holy). First guild I remember was Dark Riders of War.

1 Like

Mooe, tauren druid. Played mostly in Disrupted raiding guild. Hopefully we get some good Disrupted people back for Classic.

Also, Yggdrasil, tauren shaman.

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

Soujiro - Human Mage
Camouflage - Troll Rogue

I will be hosting a server selection event for players from Gilneas and associated friends. The goal of this is to get everyone who wants to play on particular server types to select the same one.

Please take a moment to visit my discord and vote on the server you would most prefer playing on before Aug 12. Voting for each type of server is per the chat channel type, RP servers not having votes because there is only one of each. This will help expedite the decision process prior to name creation.

Note: I will also be monitoring some information regarding streamers and South American players, to determine if many of them will be congregating on any particular server.

• The reason for monitoring the South American player base is that if they congregate on one server it may provide a large language barrier causing difficulty for grouping with North American players.

https://discord.gg/zKvkqP2

On August 12, the ability to select realms and name 3 characters will be available. United States will likely get August 12 name creations respective to launch times shown in the link below:

Again, if you are interested in playing with old friends then please join me on August 12, on my discord channel. I will try to be on at 2:30PM PDT / 5:30PM EST, about half an hour before the expected realm availability at 3PM PDT / 6PM EST for server selection coordination.

Please invite any of your friends to join as well.

There is also a facebook group I have created to help with updates as well:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/403658106871655/

1 Like

I started playing wow during Wrath - Troll Hunter on Gilneas -Gumbey

Zarra: Undead Holy Priest. Was in Dawn of the Exiled for the most part.
Also posting for my friend -
Screwtape: Undead warlock. He was in Shadowblades/Chasing Skirts/Few of a Kind

I remember you in pvp. Littlemanto dwarf hunter

I had a troll hunter named Kuta, axis of evil dead I believe was the guild!

Played a Warlock named Saelaine. Had a brother named Felpaladin and BloodCrusade (with alt codes). We were both pretty young when we played on Gilneas but we had a lot of friends on here we pretty much grew up with. I still find myself thinking about them a lot, would love to reconnect if you’re out there!