Gilgoblin vs Vulpera

I haven’t heard of it but I don’t doubt there’s one out there. I’d be shocked if not, and someone should make one if there isn’t.

1 Like

Well, there’s a San’layn Discord if I’m not mistaken :wink: so who knows?!

1 Like

Correct, I lead it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t know of one, but I can ask around. If someone informs me of one I will link it to you presuming they allow invites.

1 Like

I for one hope we just get a Catgirl race.

2 Likes

Also, come on guys, if we’re going to talk about Gilgoblins and Vulpera, we should honestly try to show support in the megathreads too.
Gilgoblins, OP worked very hard on it:

Vulpera, another OP that worked very hard on it:

6 Likes

Yesss, instead of dividing ourselves, goblin races should unite to wipe out the gnomes >:3

4 Likes

Right. I am impressed with the level of detail he went into there. I am going to be posting there more often.

1 Like

Vulpera have a slight reason, but they seem more like traders who just want to live free. Gilgoblins are aggro to both sides, but they do seem like they could easily be swayed into picking a side and joining a war

Hopefully whatever race we get next has a good reason for joining the horde other than “Tyrande called me a donothing so I’m going to join the Horde in burning her treehouse down” or “We just finished a war against rocks thanks to help from both sides but since you treated us to dinner and helped our pet dragon, we’ll join another even bigger war against people who just finished helping us”

1 Like

I Just do not see any, like, sense behind the gilgoblin side. How did anyone even get the impression that they were remotely being considered for a playable race? They have one, old model. They have no female model. They have no kid model. They have no new animations. It’s like if I started posting about how gnolls are clearly going to be the next allied race (only difference is I’d like to play a gnoll). I honestly feel like the gilgoblin people are part of some sort trolling effort.

I’ll admit, I could be wrong, but I see zero chance of them adding gilgoblins as a playable race, at least not for this expansion or the next. On the other hand I see every evidence that Vulpera were designed to be an allied race. They have male and female models, new animations, child models, current armor fits them. Blizz has never put this much effort into a race that wasn’t playable. Whether they add them as a playable race or not though remains to be seen. Who knows, Blizz might just give up on the whole allied race feature as being too much effort before they add Vulpera. I sure hope not.

5 Likes

@Peppermint: Quick rundown since I’ve said this a bunch of times already. The bulk of what you said there is false:

1. Hobart created the Gilblins.
  2. Despite it being initially an accident, he has decided to resume and specifically study the Gilblins and try to make attempts to create super intelligent Gilblins. He states this during an earlier time in the war campaign when you click on him in the banshees wail.
  3. Gilblins also have loads of customization options and just about all the goblin animations ready. They even have some unique ones. Look closely at the Gilblins and you will notice multiple hairstyles, eye colors, skins, tattoos, gils/fins and facial expressions. They still need a female model, but that is something that can be done.
  4. They will be making friends specifically with the horde.
  5. They make a great deal of sense for the part of the expansion.
  6. Following the scheme of other ARs and the suspected junker gnome AR, it makes more sense they would be AR.

Most of what you said are false rumors being said by people who think Gilblin supporters don’t exist.

3 Likes

Even gilgoblins make more sense than nightborne, and that’s saying something. Nightborne should have been like pandaren if they were to be playable. With a better reason to join during peak war times, of course than the pandas did

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t understand why Blizzard hates the idea of Neutral races so much. They might regret it with pandas, but that’s a can of worms that can’t be recanned, if you catch my drift. I think some races being neutral would be a positive thing.

4 Likes

I’ll never understand why the community imposes false dichotomies on itself when it comes to allied races. It’s not a battle to invalidate something fun so it doesn’t steal the spot from something you prefer.

Blizzard has made it abundantly clear they do whatever they want and that reason, validity, or popularity mean squat to their decision-making. If we’re getting Vulpera as an allied race, it’s already been decided. Likewise for Gilgoblins.

The developers don’t care about discussions from the community. Being a wet blanket on Gilgoblins won’t make Vulpera more likely to happen.

1 Like

I mostly just brought up this conflict because there was a lot of people claiming that Gilblin supporters didn’t exist and after a heated argument over whether Vulpera or Gilblin would be an AR in this one discord, I wanted to get word out about it because I felt not enough people who might be interested in it were speaking up. But to be honest, I’d rather just not worry about it. No use getting overly frustrated about stuff like this.

But it doesn’t matter if they do or do not. Far bigger communities have made requests for races with far more exposure, and they were given the pass over for new or invented races instead.

Our. Voices. Don’t. Matter.

No matter how loud or persistent. Player voices do not affect Blizzard’s decisions.

1 Like

Ya. You are right. There is really no point to this. I mean it is fun to talk about at times, but at the end of the day everything we say here has little to no effect on what actually happens. I know a lot of people who really want Ysthens back. Although I’d sooner expect people to get mass bans than that happening.

Actually they did say they were listening to feedback.

They just don’t care about “Warring communities” because the entire notion is ridiculous. We gotta advocate for the races we want to see, mention what we don’t, but don’t put down people in the process and understand that everyone has different preferences.

1 Like

If really want to see warring communities, step into an AR discord. Yes what I said was a bit contentious, but I was still stating facts.

2 Likes

Gilgoblins make more sense. The Allied Races are different “flavors” of existing playable races, so why would a Vulpera randomly be thrown into the Gilgoblin’s spot?

1 Like