Gifting Game Time

So, i was wondering about gifting game time. I have blizzard balance in EU and i already gifted once game time, by writing their email. Now my question is… do they need to be in the SAME region as me? Because i do not see that they need to, i only need to provide person’s email? So can i also gift game time to someone in NA for example or they need to be in the same region as the balance?

I don’t think it’ll work as the regions are not connected.

1 Like

I believe that gifting game time across international borders runs into issues with exchange rates and money laundering and is generally not allowed between most regions.

Some countries, like Australia, also have anti-spam laws that don’t allow companies like Blozzard to send an email to a person who did not personally give them their email address.

1 Like

Not if the intended individual is in a different region - no.

1 Like

(…doesn’t using your e-mail address as a username for a battle.net account count for that, though?)
(EDIT: …wait, WoW lists a phone number as an option for the username field… Hmm…)

On topic: The regions (US, EU, KR, CN, TW, according to WoWtoken.info) of WoW are entirely separate. I’m not sure how you’d go about purchasing a month of EU game time for an EU account if you’re based in the US, though.

You’d use the EU shop - I usually change the prefix in the browser:

https://eu.shop.battle.net/product/world-of-warcraft-game-time