Gift of N'Zoth bug

According to some of my fellow players the whispers of N’Zoth are overly loud. I don’t know if it’s supposed to be like that to indicate falling into madness or whatever. But the part I would like to talk about is the physical appearance. The eyeball hat is genius and I love it. However, my regular helm shows for a frame or two once the whisper loop ends. The buff itself also falls off for a moment which is probably why my actual helm shows momentarily.

Is this just me or is this happening to my fellow fans of N’Zoth? :octopus:

The Gift buff also disappears each time you log off. Meaning each time you log on, if you want to keep the Gift, you need to back to get the quest to cleanse it, then abandon the quest, and get the Gift to reappear.

This was not an issue before yesterday’s endless speech. Please fix this, as its super annoying to have to reset the buff each time you log on.

1 Like

I wonder what happened that caused the Gift of N’Zoth to all of a sudden have problems.

My thoughts are

• The Gift was always supposed to whisper to us (like it did the day we initially accepted it), and they finally turned it on as intended, only to break it a different way
  • The endless speech was intended to begin now as a portent of 8.2, but the loop mechanic causes the buff to glitch, as it seems to reapply the buff & xmog each time the loop ends, and that has bugged the buff which is why we lose it each time.

I’m having the same helm glitch problems. The animation of the eye is also resetting early. The eye double-blinks, looks right, and then resets back to center. These two things are very jarring.

Maybe it was to “fix” people “taking off” the eye by using a toy that temporarily changed the helm graphic? Either way, it’s jankier than a gnome’s undies after a jaunt to the junkyard.

The start of the loop also seems to restart my idle animation in the character page. Which is every few seconds.

I’m having the same issue, the Gift of N’zoth missing despite not cleansing it. This bug is only occurring on my Blood Elf DH, Felwyrm and not my Night Elf DH, Antiherø. I did what Vhx suggested on Felwyrm, take the cleanse quest and then abandon it, that fixed the issue. Afterwards, I logged out on Felwyrm then logged back on, seems he still has the gift like he should.

Hooray, I missed hearing N’zoth whisper. He sounds similar to the voices I hear in real life, just kidding…they are a lot less creepy. :wink:

I also notice a glitch occurring on both of my DHs where their transmoged helms reappear as a brief flicker. This particular glitch started yesterday after the whispers started…

I demand justice for N’Zoth!