Gift card... for full game?

Hey,

So my girlfriend tried to be very sweet and buy me Battle net gift cards from Game Stop, but it looks like she bought this card from a brick and mortar store.

gamestop. com/pc/games/blizzard-world-of-warcraft-full-game-ecard/155960

(Added space in address because forums don’t let you post links now?)

But I thought aside from BFA, there is no more full game purchase?

Unfortunately, she doesn’t have a receipt so I am expecting a fight at the Game Stop - and trying to avoid it if I can figure out what this card will actually provide.

Unless this card DOES include BFA, it seems stores should not even be allowed to sell it because isn’t the base game before BFA free now with subscription?

I believe that card will upgrade a starter account to a full account, which will include a free month of game time and all the way through Legion.

However, if you already have an account without BfA, yes, it is worthless to you. You should try to get a refund through Gamestop.

2 Likes

Even with a receipt you are probably facing an uphill battle. Maybe it’s different at Game Stop, but where I work, we can’t do refunds on any type of gift card. The way the system is set up, there’s no way for us to recover the money from Blizzard (or wherever). And no way to effectively deactivate the card. You wouldn’t want to permit those things to happen unless you could verify the code hadn’t been used and also wasn’t part way through being used. Certainly a system could be designed to work that way, but the one we have was not.

My point is, you can try, but know that you are probably asking the store to take a loss on the entire value of the card, and adjust your approach accordingly.

2 Likes

In the event you can’t get a refund perhaps you could gift it to a friend?
Or even set up a second account if having two is something that floats your boat.

1 Like

I guess you could also ask Billing if there’s a way for them to convert it to game time or balance. May not be something they can do, but no harm in asking.

1 Like

So basically they sold you 30 days of gametime for 20 dollars. Which is 5 dollars over the cost of a subscription. You can mention that when you take it back and ask for the manager up front.

If that is the full game, can’t use it for time on an existing account, either. It would setup another license.

1 Like