Ghostcrawler Says Forum Critics are Wrong

Good news…

nothing. That is the appropriate end to that sentence. Feedback isn’t actually considered in the Dev cycle. The only time it matters is in instances of huge backlash due to broken mechanics.

If not, feel free to demonstrate how it is actually impact-full and listened to.

Tell that to BFA. One of the shortest dev cycles for an expansion and maybe the worst launch of an expansion. That isn’t coincidence.

1 Like

Holy crap, you are a breath of fresh air.

1 Like

So the game bleeding subs is not indicative of the game being poor quality? Is this forum an accurate representation of the sentiment of the people that have played the game?isbfa as bad as some of the sky is falling crowd absolutely not. But does it have some serious issue that allow the said players to spring board into the game is dying. Yes it does.

This is a problem fan boys haveof every genre. They put blinders on and refuse to see the problems with the game and like to lay it all at the feet of chicken little types. Instead of addressing the problem

This is good advice.

If BfA doesn’t trigger a Rift-style catastrophic financial collapse at best it will continue on life-support while Acti-Blizz focuses on their more lucrative franchises.

Like WoW on consoles and fones =p

If you consider forum talk useless, what EXACTLY do you use to gauge game quality? Nothing? Please, tell me, WHERE do you go if not here? Don’t tell me you factor Reddit and MMOC into it-- They are both in agreement as to BFA being terrible. So where, where are you getting this precious accurate information? Because right now it looks like nowhere.

All this post does is tell us that you don’t listen. Seriously, that’s all it accomplishes.

If you really want to help us, tell us where in God’s earth we need to go to be heard.

2 Likes

I see the same complaints in game trade chat. Forums is only a minority because few people use them but lots that dont post are upset too.

1 Like

How do you know it’s bleeding subs? They stopped reporting that 2 or 3 years ago.

And this is the problems with fanatics. They’re so angry and foaming at the mouth that they loose the ability to read.

3 Likes

They are a CM. Their role is to cheer-lead/white knight and provide a sense that those in power actually listen. From past experience in other MMOs a CM’s role is basically PR and nothing else. Any time a CM was actually honest that ‘nope, they don’t listen to me’ they get canned and some naive/someone who knows how to play the game gets installed to be the new mouthpiece.

Yes, there have been timely responses to non-prevalent, non-gamebreaking bugs and glitches discovered. They respond and pass on concerns that aren’t gamebreakers. What they can’t do is “Get rid of LFR!” or “Remove Azerite” or “Fix shamans nao”.

Most of what’s being complained about here is embedded features of this xpac - and the “solutions” offered by the players is basically to rewrite and reprogram the entire xpac, with a whole 'nother story and everything. Hardly reasonable, hardly doable, hardly understanding how a video game this like works (no, it’s not “just click that”).

The more I read here, the more it just sounds like a babble of noise. I can’t imaging having to dig through everything to present a reasonable facsimile of what GD thinks to the devs.

CMs have other duties than just herd this forum and try to placate the angry mob (why are players even acting all angry and mob-like…it’s a freakin video game, really).

Anyway, stop harassing the CMs. Play the game or don’t - that’s your only contributory decision to make.

I’m still having fun and have lots to do. Don’t know about anyone else…my sub, my game, my opinion.

3 Likes

Likewise. I pay the sub and so long as I play by the rules my voice is just as valid.

3 Likes

Just like they’re praising WoD, am I right?

Truth is, the only time I’ve heard anything positive about WoD is how people are talking about how BFA is somehow worse than it. If you think BFA will ever be remembered fondly outside of a handful of lunatics… well, you’re a lunatic. :laughing:

This entire expansion is garbage. It’s not like Legion where some systems didn’t work but, overall, it was still good. The sum of this entire expansion is a pile of crap and it will not be remembered as anything more than that.

6 Likes

Sort of like threads on Discipline priests. You guys DEFINITELY dumpstered the poor fellas in 8.1, with focused will nerf in addition to the healing nerfs and breaking PW:S.

Accurate, but doesn’t mean WoW is bad. :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t need a sub to post anymore.

I have nothing against Yth, but if they initiated this without authorization they may want to look into updating their resume. Anyone who makes the corporate bureaucracy look bad in any PR capacity usually gets canned. Seen it many many times in multiple ‘barely above water’ MMOs.

Hopefully that’s just a bug.

You obviously need to work on your reading comprehension if my post made you feel that you had to ask me this.
Unlike the person who I was replying to, I clearly stated that I “personally” felt that way several times in my post.

Ythisens:

I have three points to make, and whilst I know you arent a dev, heres feedback I have posted REPEATEDLY and never seen one skerrick of response on.

1. Warfronts - Instanced. LFR - Instanced. Dungeons - Instanced. Raids - instanced. IE - instanced. Where’s the world content? Why are we being sent into instances all the time?

2. WQ rewards are bad. I say this, and this is a solid example, back in Legion the daily world quests provided me with an overworld gearing path via the daily chests with gear that wasnt raid quality by ANY means, but did NOT funnel me into instanced content. They were removed.

I have a shadpriest: more than a week after 120, she still has a 285 trinket. A 285. I dont want more azerite. I dont want more war resources. I dont need them. if I want azerite I’ll grind it in an IE

I used to be able to get basic gear upgrades via the Legion system, and as yet, I cant. Why?

Why are there so few and far between gear wq for new characters?

Rings and trinkets dont drop in warfronts. Why? They dont drop in IE either. I can run LFR and dungoens endlessly and RNG means I may not still get one. Why was the daily chest removed?

Crafting? Do you know how hard those are to make, the absurd amounts of expulsom required…I dont want or ask for raid quality for heavens sake , but we come back to why was the outer world abandoned?

I want to repeat what a streamer has said : and I am not endorsing him or anyone else but what he says is what i am seeing:

“If you dont raid, pvp or do m plus there is nothing for you.”

Legion had me out in the world every day…I look at the rewards for world quests in BFA and ask why bother…that is seriously disappointing.

Dont you WANT people in the outside world?

1. I know I know its a contentious issue but hear me out. The system and patch plan for BFA has flight gated LONGER than it was in Legion.

The endless sit and wait for the patch is aggravating a lot of people and Ion said Blizzard had learned from that…so why are we now going to have to wait for almost a year for flight? I am seeing and hearing people ask every day why the hell we cant fly NOW and why we will have to wait until at LEAST August of next year…I HAVE Pathfinder 1 already. Had it for months. Exalted on all for at least one toon either side.

Why cant Pathfinder 1 let us fly in Kul Tiras and Zandalar now, and set the new Pathfinder to let us fly in the new areas separately? Whats one of the main reasons for this?

Zandalar comes to mind.

Legion had us wairting close to seven months…BFA will be closer to a year.What in tarnation is gained by chaining us to the ground for that long? Why are we waiting longer for flight in BFA than we did in Legion?

I just want to know WHAT the reasoning is and why the intended extra time grounded?

5 Likes