Ghostcrawler Says Forum Critics are Wrong

By which you mean “He doesn’t do exactly what I say, when I say it, and how I tell him to do it.”

Kalgan says Hi!

I could not disagree with you more. Ghostcrawler (even though I didn’t care for the class balancing a whole lot of the time) did alright. I fully think that what has gone wrong is the current devs are listening to players only its they shouldn’t be listened to. The ones making all kinds of noise over something that is not that big. The whole artifact power thing where you had to level up each weapon might be annoying but I did it and I’m sure a lot of us did. We lived. But now we have a necklace that levels up no matter what only there’s little cool about it. Just take anything from the past that you had a small number complain loudly and see what’s resulted when they caved into them. Its never good for the game. BFA has quite a bit that is supposed to appease those players and now… well, its BFA. Heck, a lot of those folks wanted GC gone and now that he is, did it really improve things?

I ended up liking the Legendary system after a few patch fixes to it. I liked the idea that by doing what I would normally do anyway I had a chance to get a pretty good item. The story in Legion was the compelling part to me and a major reason I enjoyed the content b/c the story was better. The story in BFA I just flat out don’t like at all.

The faction war after defeating the Legion is just non-sense. If we had ramp up to it like rebuilding cities and scouring for resources outside of the blood of Azeroth then it makes more sense. What people literally know their planet is dying and decide to fight among themselves instead of focusing on saving the damn planet first LOL.

I just don’t believe in the story. The Old Gods can’t influence the undead so you know Sylvanas being duped is kinda meh. Btw if the planet explodes everyone dies including the undead lol.

WoD was certainly a standout compared to all the other expansions before it and including Legion, but I do feel BFA is a category unto itself as far as negativity and overall poor reception, particularly considering that around this time, the tide was only just beginning to turn on WoD as we’re still only 3 months into the new expansion. The only real negativity around WoD early on was all the cut content - folks genuinely seemed to like it for the first few months.

BFA, the hate and negativity began within 3 weeks once it became clear this expansion brought nothing of substance to the table with the vast majority of its systems either 100% recycled from Legion or actually made worse than Legion. Then add into the fact that I genuinely hated just about all of the Alliance story outside of Drustvar, and the fact you gained nothing as you leveled - no skills, no progression… in fact, you got WEAKER as you leveled due to the f’ed up scaling and even leveling to 120 felt worse this expansion than any previously.

I hope you are taking your own advice.

“millions”

1 Like

You are 100% correct! I said this in another reply here someplace. maybe in another thread, one of the many LFR is bad threads made by the same 3 posters lol.

But LFR is bad. It’s not bad because it exists, it’s bad because it doesn’t teach anything. It’s too easy. People can mindlessly spam buttons and not worry about anything.

Um no, its not bad, blizz made it bad. It had a fantastic participation rate in MoP, until the dumbed it down in WoD and beyond. In Legion they made a few adjustments a bit into the expansion where some mechanics counted. The players that cared to learn them did, the ones who you call lazy did not, and if they went on to normal and above raiding, they stunk. Also, as i stated, and the other poster did, back in the days since BC,(later BC) when guilds and totally pompus RL were in control of WHO got to experience end game,or heroics for that matter is what made raid development not worth the time to do for 5% of the player base. This is a fact, set in stone by blizz for the reason LFR was brought in. If it were not, you would no doubt have less raids per expansion, or much shorter raids, and possibly no raids at all.

Right after MoP, where there was no real shortage of raider in the pool, because LFR was much better and players moved up, where as you had a HUGE shortage of raiders moving up in WoD because they turned LFR into “Tourist Mode” and when players tried to move up, they failed at a FAR higher rate than they have since Legion. No data on this yet for this expansion, even opinionated evidence.

Also, how is it hurting you if people mindlessly spam buttons, and worry about nothing? You willing to form normal groups and run those players through normal? If not, it hurts you nor anyone else to have the “Majority” play end game content for FAR LOWER ilvl items than even WQ’s give out.

2 Likes

BFA absolutely blows lmao, revert to any previous xpac plx

1 Like

That is such a PILE. Again, show me where it says in the definition of MMORPG where it says that you must do grouped content, do it with a guild, or sit in a city applying to pugs that want tryouts, or insane requirements that ONLY RAIDERS already have. Show me where it says that the players are the gate keepers to the content.

Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, thats it, its a massive world multiplayer game, with role playing, thats it, simple.

Leaving 90-95% of the players out of seeing endgame in some fashion is idiotic, and would have been the downfall of a game marketed as family friendly. Theres guilds, thousands, made up of friends and family that do no more than LFR, and Blizz would be totally ignorant to ignore them and their money.

Why please the 10%, when you can please 90%? WoD lack of decent gear, and ZERO LFR mechanics proved to be a almost certain deathblow to LFR, and subsequently normal mode raiding and sub numbers, and internal data most certainly probably showed that.

Stop hating on 90% of the player base.

4 Likes

It is bureaucracy in action. Blizz is no longer the company it once was. I am willing to bet most fresh-faced college students go in to Blizzard thinking they will make great games and stories. Instead it is turning into a soul-sucking machine due to burn-out and red-tape.

1 Like

Stop preaching!

1 Like

I don’t really get the relevance of his comment?

It definitely got off to a rough start, but the foundation is certainly there for the expansion to get better as time goes on. But yeah, it’s not WoD bad, even now.

IIRC WoD was actually well received at launch and only after the Farmville endgame started to play a role did people start to complain. BfA is getting a louder ‘un-sub’ vote earlier. We are only in like the 2nd-3rd month out and already the cracks are starting to show.

2 Likes

You’re remembering incorrectly. WoD was mostly hated, especially at launch.

Yes, and sadly, people like you have over time become so desensitized and skeptical that you dismiss any and all genuine criticism of a failing system.

Long-term players like you who should hark back to good expansions and try to post feedback for improvement. Instead, you take your time to post about how people are over-the-top, and how Legion sucked and therefore BFA should suck, and how every patch around the corner will fix everything.

I hope it does, but it won’t. So long as players like you continue to dismiss criticism. It’s sad, really.

4 Likes

Personal opinion, I still played the sh*t out of WoD even with it’s massive flaws. BfA just leaves a horrible taste in my mouth because of how un-engaging it is. Maybe it is because my tastes have changed since then. I dunno. I just remember starting out WoD and loving the story-line. BfA, I couldn’t tell you off the top of my head anything in the story that stands out. It is all just a blur of ‘evil god wants to be reborn’. There seems to be no real focal point and the plot seems to be going nowhere.

No, it’s not my personal opinion. I remember the threads. Plus, it’s the expansion that lost 40+% of the player base in the first six months.

People that claim WoD “was awesome!” seem to forget that point.

1 Like