Ghostcrawler Says Forum Critics are Wrong

the reason people are complaining is because it sucks, im sorry but redressing the ap grind into another expansion was a mistake i hated the grind in Legion and i still hate the grind in BFA!

The art and the music are on point. The story is, meh. Not bad for WoW i guess. The combat is a snooze fest.

2 Likes

In all honesty and with all respect I think you need to play your own game, implying that people that post feedback here know nothing about the state of the game is very discouraging. I hope I understood that wrong and I’m misinterpreting your words.

7 Likes

I mean to be fair, we’ve never had this much trouble simply filling a raid roster this early in an expac, and we have 2 other “sister guilds” that have had the same problem. One of which just called it for raiding, with no intention to start again with the next raid.

Even in WoD and Legion this early, we were still full force raiding with no issues. We talk to a lot of other mythic guilds and they’re having the same problem. BFA’s lack of worthwhile content outside of M+ really hurts. And we all know some affix weeks are a “Do one 10 and done” week, since the dungeons are much more punishing than Legion’s m+.

Friend’s list is pretty painfully empty.

Some people I know tried to find a main they enjoy, and couldn’t. This was due at least in part to the BFA GCD making gameplay feel bad, the staunch “meta” (Havoc DH, rogue and Blood DK are “necessary” since they shine so much more brightly in 5 man content than about half the specs… esp BDK and mark my words, the BDK “nerfs” will change nothing) and those half of the specs in game are worthless for pushing m+. It really stinks having a main you love to raid with, turn around and when it’s not raid night… Struggle so hard in m+ because it’s obvious your spec wasn’t made to do that content at all…

Alts are a severe drag to play, considering ilvl is gated behind a rep gate, which is gated behind a time gate…

Also, why is everything not player-based so dang expensive!? Why do repairs need to break the bank!? I legit don’t understand that. Why do Horde need to take a flight path every time we want to use the portals/bank or be down by the docks where the rest of everything is? Can we get a fix for that?!?

Cuz I’ll be 110% honest with you, it’s WAY more convenient to use my Legion Dalaran hearthstone for any banking/portals (esp to AH) I need than fly from the docks to the BFA portal/bank. After that, I just fly to the BFA protal in Org or use my hearthstone to get back in BFA content. Why was this designed that way? It’s very bad.

3 Likes

https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS742US742&ei=HcIFXI3KJpHysAXu96D4Bw&q=blizzard+stock&oq=blizzard+stock&gs_l=psy-ab.3..35i39l2j0l8.136.858..1183...0.0..0.119.119.0j1......0....1..gws-wiz.PDHd5-IIsbA
i say lets go by the charts , there is obviously something terribly wrong here, and this problem needs to be address before a bunch more people just lose all faith in the game and 8.1 doesn’t seem to re assure me, so my question to you is why no drastic changes why do we have to wait until next xpac to see any real re work , definitely for this xpac almost everything seems to be big downgrade from legion , in just about all aspect M+ is dying ,pvp unbalance ,raids meh ,classes went from 3 buttons in legion to 2 , lke fr thats end game content already boring after 1st month of bfa.

1 Like

Ironically, thats like the one thing people have actually been complementing.

Sorry, can you elaborate a bit? You mean people are complimenting how the next raid is looking? I’ll respond but I just wanna make sure what we are talking about first.

Yes, people are saying its a quality raid.

For sure, I get that.

Unfortunately (and i think you’re a mythic raider possibly? I can’t remember but I thought it was you that has talked about it before?) I can understand being one of the recruitment officers (I’m not thank God) and fighting the uphill battle of even trying to find 20 consistent raiders when a few quit each week, and we are sitting around during raid time while officers and anyone (I’ve tried too, but friends list is dead) is trying to fill the last 2-3 spots every week… on a progression boss… which you know how that’ll frustrate your core that DOES show up because while we appreciate eventually filling, a ton of raid time is then spent on regression instead of progression because every week you’re teaching a few people the fight all over again… Eventually that makes core that have been showing up just quit… Which is the cycle continuing…

And I mean even if the raid is great, I highly doubt we will see tons more people log in during non-raid nights… The ghost town continues…

Not recently. Raided pretty hard in Vanilla, a little in BC, loads in Wrath. Some in MoP, some in WoD, decent amount in Legion, none in BFA. PvE hasn’t really held my interest in a long time. Mainly focus on PvP but I typically like to see each raid once or twice just for the lore and what not.

Probably not. The entire concept of an MMO like this is built upon replaying content. When playing the game is boring doing it repetitively seems even more pointless than usual.

Agreed, which leads back to the cyclical problem of… there’s no one online in guild or friends list to do meaningful content (that we don’t have) in something that’s supposed to be inherently social like an mmo… And I don’t see anything in 8.1 that’ll actually make the problem any better sadly.

1 Like

Cheer up butter cup, Betrayl League drops this Friday for PoE. Looks AWESOME

1 Like

Ah ok, that was someone else on the forums. Recruitment is a tedious and not-easy-at-all process that has the potential to yield nothing after all of your hard work.

This has been especially true in BFA more than any other expac. Generally the problem is people wanting to switch mains/roles in a raid group this early in an expac, because they’ve been messing around with alts on non-raid nights and came across a spec they found to be more interesting. Now in BFA, there’s none of that and the problem is people simply aren’t logging on :confused:

Is it my fault no one actively wants to make a group anymore and choose to ignore a major aspect in an MMORPG that is communication and reaching out for help? It’s just easier to hit a button and wait for a group it seems. It’s Blizzard’s fault for implementing this because those same people who can’t find groups because they are getting “denied” can just start their own groups. This is the answer for a lot of people’s gripes of mythic+ and io raider. They can’t get to that io score so they complained about it. Just start your own group and stop trying to get carried maybe?

LFG/LFR is just an easy answer for people’s laziness. It has no place in any good MMORPG.

1 Like

I’ve been playing off and on since the end of 2006 but I never bothered with the forums until about 2 years ago. The people in my guild have also been playing for a long time and some of them from beta vanilla, yet they never post their opinions on the state of the game. Some are ultra casual yet have been subbed continuously for years without coming to the forums. So ya, the forums under represent the majority of players actually playing the game who care less about voicing their opinions. I’m not saying the feedback from players are not valid concerns, but feedback should not be taken to mean that this expansion is the worst ever because a couple of your buddies don’t log in anymore.

So where do I leave feedback for the devs to take me seriously and where bootlickers won’t drown my concerns out with hollow praises as if defending these mistakes get them some sort of reward besides a dopamine rush. When I canceled my accounts I didn’t even get a survey asking why I’m canceling my subscription so I can leave some level of feedback on how the game can be better. The impression I got was “Thanks for supporting us for over a decade and buying all our stuff in all our games but we don’t need you anymore so you can disappear into obscurity.” Just point me in the right direction and I’ll handle the rest.

8 Likes

With that transmog? Ya, i kinda is =p

Classic will be the true test of this theory.

IO Raider seems inherently flawed. Never used it myself, just my view from a distance.

Anecdotal evidence of a trend is still evidence. When you add that to other pieces of evidence (friends activity levels, guild activity, youtube vids, twitch rants, user reviews of the expansion etc.) you get a more complete picture.

1 Like

No such place exists. Welcome to the internet =)