Hi I’ve put a couple of tickets in, I’ve been trying to figure out why my Forever beta 4 bag slots are not present, I already had that stuff activated on retail / classic before with auth attached for years.
I was testing to see if it was just a beta issue but I know I’ve talked to others who are NOT having this issue, so I went to remove and reattach my authenticator… but when I did so it was asking me for multiple numbers I don’t have, like some kind of auth serial and a recovery key, I never got anything like that in the past so IDK what it’s even asking for, not sure why you can’t just text me or have me verify my e-mail etc.
Anyways I’ve opened two tickets for this, asking for help restoring my authenticator, and all I get are these responses that seem like they’re either written by a bot or somebody who does NOT want to do their job and says “we can’t help with customer service issues” or “we can’t help with forever beta issues” or “we can’t help with banned names”. Like what? None of those have anything to do with at least helping me fix my auth.
I included ticket details such as the bnet website still showing my auth attached despite my mobile app for the exact same account showing it disconnected, and since we use the mobile app to get the login codes, that’s the one I need working, but it’s asking me for all this info. I don’t have and was NEVER given. How do I contact an actual human, or at least one that I can reply to?
They also keep closing the tickets and asking me to do surveys, so I can’t even respond. This is a HORRIBLE and actually useless system and I don’t even get relevant answers about what I might be doing wrong if anything from the CS team before they close the tickets, please fix.
Customer Support is for the Live game versions. They have never provided support for the Beta which is why they can’t help you with tickets. Beta is a test environment that will not function the same as Live. You are free to use the Issue Reporter to report any bugs you think you find to QA and the Devs.
Again though, CS has never provided support for Test environments of any kind. They only support the Live game, and that support is limited to mostly Billing and Account access.
Maybe that was in there IDK? The problem is I’ve already removed the auth so when I go in there now it just says I need to get that information to restore the authenticator. Like why would it ask me for information that the app gives me only when the auth is attached, in order to restore the auth when it’s not attached?
Because most people write that information down or follow the directions to take a screen shot of the serial number and restore code.
Without them, you would need to set up a new Authenticator. I believe you can do that as long as you can log into the account and have a unique phone number not in use by another Bnet account. You also need to be able to get text messages on it and it can’t be VOIP.
I am FINE with them not being able to verify the bag slot issue but they should have at least offered to help restoring account authenticator access no? In my second ticket I didn’t even MENTION the beta at all. I’ve been in offices before where people use technicalities like that to shuffle things around so I tried just making the entire focus about getting help restore the auth in ticket 2, and they brought some stuff up about forced renaming and offering a refund… like what? I didn’t have any issues with my name I haven’t been banned or forced to rename my character or anything, IDK where that even came from. Then they close the ticket in both instances before I can respond.
I mean that’s all I’m trying to do it just won’t let me, the only option is to restore the old one, makes no difference to me, I only have one phone number and one WoW account. No idea why this is so difficult lol.
It looks like you are getting redirected to a beta queue because you keep mentioning Beta in your ticket. Since Customer Support is unable to assist with any aspect of Beta, and this is a high contact driver right now from those that were either banned or had named flagged for a rename, that is likely why you continue to get the answers you do. Sorry for the confusion.
As for your Authenticator. It doesn’t look like you have a phone number attached to the account.
I don’t know if that currently works in Beta, but I would start there.
It does look like you have the Authenticator attached so you seem to have figured that part out. Unless you are attempting to remove the Authenticator currently on the account?
I did have an authenticator attached, but I was trying to trouble shoot the bag slot issue by removing and adding the authenticator again, since the beta was telling me I didn’t have one attached, but other peoples’ were apparently working. I thought maybe this would “refresh” the system.
I removed it from the mobile app, then went to restore it and that’s when it began asking me for a bunch of info. that I don’t have. I did notice that when I login to the desktop site INSTEAD of the mobile app, using the exact same (and my only) bnet account, that it says under the security area I have an auth still attached. So the mobile app and the desktop site are not syncing up for some reason, one shows I removed the auth, the other doesn’t.
I have no idea where to get the serial and restore code info. that the mobile app is asking me for when I go to restore the auth on mobile however, so now my account seems locked in some weird limbo where I both have and do not have an authenticator. When I removed it, it seems the desktop site didn’t get the memo.
Regardless of whether the bag slot thing works for beta or if it’s only glitched for my account and not others’, I would still want to get my authenticator restored for the long term.
Did you reinstall the mobile app during this process? That might account for that. The app has a unique serial number, which is what is attached to your account. If that was uninstalled/reinstalled, you would have received a new serial number which is no longer associated with the account.
It doesn’t look like you removed the Authenticator from your Battlenet account. It’s the same one that was originally attached in 2020.
It’s something that you would have needed to copy down when you originally set up the Authenticator on the account. If you don’t have that, it’s not a question you can answer.
Alright. At this point I’d say we need to remove the Authenticator currently on the account and through the Battlenet Mobile App, instead of restoring (since you don’t have the code) we’ll need to apply the new one to the account once the old one is removed.
For that, I need you to put in a ticket. I don’t think you’ll be able to do that without logging in, which will require the Authenticator Code so we’re going to work around that.
Use this: Remove Authenticator. You’ll enter your email address, then instead of clicking on Text Message or Authenticator Code you’ll click “Verify your account information”. Answer the questions as best as you can, then you’ll be able to put in the ticket.
Once you complete that, give me the ticket ID. I’ll make sure it’s in order so a Game Master can get to it as quickly as possible. Getting folks back into their account is always a high priority, so it shouldn’t take too long.
Ok, ticket: US110866388 - I think I was able to fully fill it out. Made a note that I wonder if it’s because I originally had one of the really old physical auths, then moved I think to the bnet auth app when they forced that, then I think eventually to the modern bnet app. There’s no way I still have that old physical auth lying around, maybe that had a serial # on the back of it I can’t remember.
edit:
Auth fixed. Interestingly for any readers having the bag slot issue on beta maybe, the disconnect I initially experienced whenever I added the authenticator saw me receiving the bag slots when I logged right back in using “reconnect”. I thought it was a normal D/C we’d been getting intermittently on the beta, but now I think it was related to re-adding the auth.
Then it d/cd me again within a few minutes and this time I had to fully relog into battle.net app, website etc. and verify by approving with an auth code, fine - but then when I got back in-game the bag slots were gone again lol. I’ll report it in the beta issue reporter, just pointing out I guess maybe some of us should experience some wonkiness with it in beta with the bag slots phasing out, and in… and out lol.
When you log into the battle.net app, at the top is your account name. Click that. It opens a tab, fourth option down is Authenticator. That’s where you’ll find those codes (there’s a little gear icon on the right).
Keep in mind the backpack slots require a phone number on the account as well. One that has the SMS messaging set up with Blizzard. Bonus, that lets you remove broken authenticators yourself if you have that set up.