Getting to Argus

So I’m coming back to the game after taking a few years off. I’d love to unlock the new lightforged draenei. I’m kinda confused on what exactly I need to do to get to argus. One article says you can get their with chromie time another details along quest chain that involves defeating a legion invasion. Unfortunately the invasions always seem to happen when im at work or in bed.

Any advice? Am I doing this just completely wrong? Do you need argus for all the new races?

You don’t need Argus for all the new races, you only need it for the Lightforged Draenei (edit: and the Void Elves! Thanks, Udiza). Specifically, you need the “You Are Now Prepared” achievement.

You need Argus to unlock Lightforged Draenai and Void Elves.

You don’t have to do the Legion Invasion quest to get to Argus.

You can use Chromie Time, although you don’t have to do it that way. (And honestly, the Argus questline has some stuff that you’ll want to overlevel in order to solo it.) If you’re leveling a new character and haven’t ever done any Legion content on any character before, you can use Chromie Time to do your leveling in Legion and get the first steps done while leveling.

Here’s the basic outline of what you need to do to get to Argus:

1. Open up your class hall and get your first artifact. (You should be able to get the starter quest for Legion from a Hero’s Call board. Look for the “Broken Shore” option.)

2. Unlock world quests on the Broken Isles. Pick up and complete “Uniting the Isles” from Khadgar in the Violet Citadel. (You can tell this is done when you can see world quests in the original Broken Isles zones.) On your first character, the quest will require you to get to friendly with the faction associated with each of the 5 zones. The old level requirement for this quest is 110, which corresponds to 45 now, so you might have to wait until then to pick it up. The good news is, you can work on the reps while you are leveling. Once you hit friendly with one faction, head back to your class hall and see if you can pick a new zone to start on.

3. Unlock the Broken Shore. Head to Krasus’s Landing in Dalaran and pick up and complete “Armies of Legionfall” and “Assualt on the Broken Shore” from Khadgar. You don’t need to do any of the other quests on the Broken Shore. (You can tell that this is done as you’ll be able to see world quests on the Broken Shore.)

4. Once you’ve turned in “Assault on the Broken Shore” you can return to Dalaran and pick up “The Hand of Fate” from Khadgar back in the Violet Citadel. The Hand of Fate will lead you to the Argus questline.

3 Likes

Perfect thank you so much.