Getting the Ashbringer

Probably the best video on the subject by a content creator who sadly passed away.

still sporting that in my bags :O)

As cool as this would be, I’m going to have to say no.

Classic should remain Classic.

ok, im really curious as to whether this is 100% debunked or not. Does anyone have any reference from a GM, CM, Blue Post, or any Blizz official statement saying “ashbringer” was NOT in vanilla definitively? yeah it makes appearances later on… but are we sure its not real?

when you examine the game database files and MPQ files, ashbringer is a legendary weapon but it does not drop off of any item, quest, mob, chest, boss, cannot be crafted, and it is only possible to obtain it by entering in an “add.item” command as a gm on a 1.12 private server. we have gone farther than “searching” for it, we have actually torn apart the game files trying to figure out how to make it appear, and it is impossible to obtain through normal gameplay

Were there any findings on the undiscovered quests, then?

1 Like

Has anyone actually gone down some rabbitholes once they got the corrupted version in classic/tbc?
Looking for comrades.

do you have the corrupted blade?

You need to obtain a naaru fragment trinket from muru, a moonsteel broadsword, 3 greater runes of warding and a pristine black diamond. Combine them in the Horadric Cube, and generate a Ashbringer. Stats are based on what kind of naaru fragment trinket used.

I’m trying my damndest to get it in Classic Era. Just need to blow all my DKP on it when it drops and I’ll be hunting in earnest. I’ll update when I can.

keep me posted ive done quite a few rabbitholes

Has anyone tried dipping their Corrupted Ashbringer in the Black Forge in BRD? Worth a try to like ya know melt off the corruption

1 Like

to many people in this sh!t talk about the “item” being in the game files, that’s so the damn 3D item can be used on NPCs and sh!t like that. Not so that you can Obtain the Item and Use it as a Weapon.

get out of here with this crap there is no way to get it, the paladins that cleansed it before are gone and only can be seen in TBC OHB in an RP Skit that NPC’s in the past do to cleanse the piece of the corrupted Naaru before it was ever even crafted into a sword.

Dont you have better things to do than posting on a Discussion form about getting the Ashbringer that is impossible?

Actually all of the paladins that cleansed it(mind you they were not all paladins) are still in the game… One of them is even a rare spawn in Tyrs Hand soo…

I find it interesting that when I asked a GM about purifying the blade they said no it cannot be purified but then when I asked can the blade be forged anew as told by Fairbanks at the Scarlet Monastery Ashbringer event they informed me they cannot give out game hints…

there is an entire scene available if you enter scarlet monistary with the corrupted ashbringer…it would be SUPER cool if they did this for classic+, but blizzard is a shadow of it’s former self. To be quite honest i bet the devs working on classic don’t even know this exists anymore.

1 Like

Did you ask this in the TBC client, the Classic Era Client, or in Classic pre-TBC launch?

TBC. I asked this roughly a month or two ago in classic tbc.

Or the moonwell?

I finally got Corrupted Ashbringer! Open to any and all suggestions on cleansing it and will attempt the suggestions on this forum. Hit me up in Classic Era Rowaine-Whitemane :slight_smile:

Anyone ever just roll the dice and try destroying the corrupted ashbringer inside SM cath?