Getting scammed

10 years playing and needing to buy a boost? SMH. Just play the game instead of paying other people to do it for you and you won’t get scammed.

No reason for banning someone for boosting but what they did do was lower the experience received when boosting. It is pointless now.

I’m of the opinion that if Blizz allows boosts and carries than they should offer protection.

I would even go so far as to suggest that they should include a holding firm option in the UI. When filled out the gold is subtracted from the buyers account and held in escrow until the terms of the contract are met.

You could have drop downs for:

• Achievements
  • Boss kill
  • Full clear of any raid, dungeon, bg or arena.
  • Min Rating
  • Modifiers if gear is traded.

I can provide a copy of the ticket if that will soothe whatever issues you are having here. Its plain as day the part where he says if i have an issue with their policy that i can bring it up here and gauge community response to the matter
this is my first time really engaging with the forums and i was unaware i cant post screen grabs or snips here, not sure how to set it up so that i could make the reply visable to all, but regardless, just a copy pasta of the important part

:However, the Developers are always open to change. If you want to see this changed, please let us know! You can Tweet your support to @Warcraft, make a suggestion in game and post on the forums! Submissions posted there have the benefit of allowing a community discussion around high-impact issues, which can occasionally help in prioritizing them for changes in the future. Let us know what you want to see for the future."

by posting here i have done all 3 of the games masters suggestions

If your idea of entertainment is goldcapping accounts not corpse running thousands of times a year, it’s easier to just pay someone for their experience to handle the unenjoyable stuff.

Like you said, it’s all virtual, it’s all meaningless. There’s nothing special with “earning” a mount vs “buying” it. It’s a mount, or achieve, or xmog, or gear. It’s virtual, it’s fake, it doesn’t actually exist.

None of it matters, play the game however you want to.

None of this has anything to do with someone being defrauded then blizzard keeping the proceeds of the crime and shrugging their shoulders, when they are the vendor selling gold for real world money.

So I’m walking down the street, late a night, carrying a big bag of money with dollar signs printed on it.

A mugger comes up and robs me.

It’s my fault, I should have known better. Maybe I should have worn different clothing, maybe I shouldbt walk in public, maybe I shouldn’t have a big bag of money.

LoL way to blame the victim.

Buying a boost is a separate issue, blizzard supports it, they are creating a channel for boosts, they say that buying in game services for gold is supported. That’s a whole different topic from the issue that the op was the victim of a crime (per the rules, and in the real world the behavior would be a crime as well if it occurred there) and blizz has, as the authority having jurisdiction, decided they get to keep the proceeds of the crime after catching the bad guy.
That’s the only issue here.

1 Like

I think this is more like having someone steal your drug stash and calling the cops. Sure they are going to go after the person that stole it but your not getting your drugs back. Boosting/carries aren’t something condoned by Blizzard. It exists in that grey area that multi-boxing did. From the recent activity between Blizzard and Discord it looks like they are coming down on the boosting/carry communities next.

i paid for a mythic 15 carry once in BFA, went to the dungeon, and was removed/ignored. I never did that again. Luckily, it wasn’t a fortune. IN the future, safer to just get the carries with some kind of friend in-game or guildy

I kinda agree with this tbh.

It would be in the best interest for Blizzard to cover the buyer, after all, they are the ones buying the tokens. I could careless about boosting, but it’s disingenuous to have a neutral stance and yet allow the tokens to be sold.

It’s like buying a cheeseburger from a restaurant, you paid for it, and they tell you to scram without getting it.

“Do you think the player base should have some kind of protection or insurance from scammers, and if so, what kind and to what extent?” yes, there should be something in place to ban the people that pay to win! stop buying boosts/carries, play the game for yourself!

1 Like

I absolutely agree. People should play the game.
wiggles toes

For better or for worse, I think it’s only a matter of time before they put a boosting system in the game, kinda like the new crafting system where people can hire crafters. Something something token sales.

Was a time I would have to disagree. Especially back during the first 6, or 7 years of this game’s life. Nowadays though I do agree with you. That is why I give them the lowest marks when they send that survey to you, after you talk to one. Fortunately, not had to deal with a gm in a couple years lol.

so back when blizz had call centers and legitimate customer services?

1 Like

i honestly think half the GM’s now only use scripts for responses. If none of the scripts available can provide them an answer to you then they just don’t answer. lol

1 Like

Yeah the good ole days lol.

I think the majority of CS/GM work is done by not nearly enough people and as much of it is as automated as possible to grind through the tickets as quickly as possible.

It would explain why you need to elevate a legitimate problem several times to get a hold of a real person sometimes.

1 Like

you can’t think of a single way this could be abused?

awesome so boosters get their own channel effectively meaning blizz is supporting them, yet they cant help u if scammed, GG