Getting scammed

‘Buyer beware’ already exists in game. YOU have to turn the option on in game though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Blizzard doesn’t care about the players. They care about their profits.

That’s beyond obvious by now.

Mmmmm, I doubt that.

I had something similar happen to me in BFA. Was rerolling classes, wanted a 15 done for the week, got scammed. However, when I opened the ticket and talked to them in live chat they got my gold back for me.

I see a lot of people saying boosts aren’t officially allowed by Blizzard. Yet the head cheese runs boosts with his guild. If the person in charge of WoW is doing it then it’s obviously something that has Blizzard’s full support.

Boosting is allowed. It’s just not something they support when it comes to disputes/tickets.

I have only really had one issue resolved for me by a GM and it was a Pathfinder issue with faction changing.

Back in the day, I would at least get human responses though. Now, it takes forever and by the time you are contacted, half the time it is either too late or no longer relevant. Not to mention, most of the time you get a copy/paste response, and if you need more information, you are waiting another 2-4 days for another copy/paste response.

Blizz’s CSR, reputation and quality have fallen so very far over the years.

1 Like

I’ve said it a thousand times before and I will keep saying it until you the players learn, don’t buy boosts, it ruins the game. There is this, the scams, and there is the issue that a player gets to an IO and iLVL they have no right to be at.

Both are an issue, because now you probably feel like never playing again, since you are buying runs there is a chance you are not even good enough to do what you paid for, or just don’t have the time so you have that thought now of “Why bother?”.

But the players who buy their way to the top are worse, they end up ruining keys because their stats say one thing and their actions another. It all needs to stop, no more buying, no more elitism, no more FOMO, Blizzard need to tune the game around not just the top % of players who are capable of doing the high end content, but to tune the game around the average players so more people can feel like they can do the content themselves.

1 Like

That’s crazy talk!

It’s not a refund.

Lol.

It’s a breach of contract/scam. The fact they enforce action on the plaintiff, then keep the recovered assets from the victim is not conducive to good community building. Imagine if every time you called the cops to report a theft or embezzlement they arrested the offender then just kept all your property or money. That doesn’t foster good will.

You don’t have to “support” boosting to punish scamming by people in your community. It’s not banned, and if it’s not banned, then the purpose of the transaction should be entirely separate from the return of property from an obvious scam.

You just seem like one of those people that gets pleasure from the idea of other people suffering, which says far more about you personally than the people buying boosts.

1 Like

Blizzard has been taking a stance against paid carries/services lately. Why would they step in and help you when you’re making shady purchases from a 3rd party? I get why some people pay for boosts, but learn from this experience. If you HAVE to buy a boost, at least buy it from reputable boosting services. People offering boosts through trade chat/whispers/LFR should be considered scammers, so just report them and move on.

If you were dumb enough to give your gold to a booster or a scammer in the first place, you deserve to face the consequences. I think this is called a Life Lesson.

2 Likes

Bro, i opened a ticket yesterday with an issue that could have easily been resolved from a blizz employee (basically a phasing issue with an NPC) 5 hours later i get a copypaste response that linked the “common player issues page”, which had nothing to do about my issue. I found out about an hour later how to resolve the issue by doing an older quest given by that particular npc from 4 expansions ago that wasnt even in my quest logs.

I find boosting such a weird idea. This is a game to be played for enjoyment a way to pass time when you don’t have anything better to do. How did it get to the point of paying people to carry your toon through something. Ok sure Blizzard does depreciate mounts and titles but still this is all just virtual. It means nothing at the end of the day. I can only assume people who freak out over getting those limited time rewards to the point they would buy tokens to pay for a carry have some sort of addiction.

1 Like

Came for the schadenfreude. Was not disappointed. People buying boosts are just as bad as the people selling them. You completely undermine the integrity and purpose of an mmo. I wouldn’t spit in your mouth if you were dying of thirst.

2 Likes

Maybe they could set up a system like work orders for carries where blizz gets the money until someone takes the contract and completes it.

1 Like

Or just make the actual harder endgame content feasable to complete without having to sacrifice a 1/3 of your life to the game. There should always be some form of difficulty, but there should be an equal amount of fun and enjoyment. Less people would boost if it wasnt the lesser of two evils so to speak, however i’m mostly against boosting due to it cheapening the game.

I’m going to be blunt. I don’t care for boosting. However, personal bias aside, it’s not fair to shoulder all the responsibility on the players. Put a boosting tab in the auction house. What you buy is what you get, if don’t collect, then get a refund. Blizzard needs to put some effort in protecting their consumers. We all know darn well the token survives from the booster buyers. I don’t think it’s proper to speak from both sides of the mouth saying you don’t support boosting and yet you let people abuse token purchases for gear shortcuts.

wiggles toes

1 Like

This is a prime example of most societal problems.

Person makes a big mistake.
Person doesn’t like the mistake he made.
Person won’t be accountable for his mistake.
Person appeals to an authority to make him feel better about his mistake.

Person then goes to the community with special pleading and not exhibiting personal responsibility for mistake. He does this in hopes that the community agrees with his notion that personal accountability and responsibility isn’t that important so that they too will appeal to an authority.

Now the authority runs the game and everyone else has to deal with it.