Getting one shot on mount by normal red bar enemies

im leveling a toon and whenever im on my mount, any enemy that hits me kills me in one hit. when i approach the same enemy, its normal. i dont understand why this is happening. im currently on BFA continent. I tested several mounts, all produce the same result. Ive tested it on several mobs, if it aggros to me, it kills me. there is no reason a lvl 18 normal mob (not elite or named even) should one shot me while im running by it. any one else having this issue? I did install a mount equipment on my mount screen. not sure if that has anything to do with it. the one i installed was the 20% move speed one. i switched it to the non dazing one, still happening. unsure what to do.

What level is the character that keeps getting killed to the level 18? If it is more then 10 levels lower it will be attracted to you like flys to sugar.

1 Like

This character is listed as 11. If you are running through level 18 mobs at level 11, yes, you can (and probably will) get one-shotted. It really has nothing to do with your mount or mount equipment.

Another suggestion when looking at your profile. You do have heirlooms, which is good, but your non-heirloom slots are all level 1 or non-existent. That will really drag down your survivability at early levels. Even low level green gear that gives 1 or 2 stamina makes a big difference this early.

Another thing to try, and I’m not sure if this will work: try entering Chromie Time for a different expansion, then going back to BfA content. It should be scaling the mobs properly per level, and maybe it needs some little refresh.

But if you still run into this issue, then give us a couple examples of mobs or areas, and we can try to assist further.

7 Likes

If the mounts you’ve tested on are all multi-seat, try to avoid using those for the time being. It’s been a semi-frequent recurrence I’ve seen pop up here and there.

You’ll also want to post in the Bug Reports forum so QA can gather a larger sample size to try and squash the issue.

5 Likes

It’s a bug with any mount that has the capability of holding passengers (i.e. Sandstone Drake, chauffeured mechano-hog/alliance bike, Longboy, etc.). If you’re on such a mount, NPCs incorrectly act as though they’re scaled to the maximum level of the expansion that you’re in (which ranges from 30 for classic areas to 60 for SL areas).

5 Likes

thank you. this was indeed the issue. was driving me nuts. each of the mounts i used were indeed multiseaters.

2 Likes