Getting new rep achievements on alts

I got to level 76 on my warlock and swapped to a few alts to start getting them rested xp and I’m getting achievements for rank 15 and 25 with the new factions even though im only level 3-4 with all of them. >.>

2 Likes

Just came to report this.

Logging into alts to start them getting rested XP and ended up with
“Cornerstone of Dornogal” which is like a Rank 25 rep achievement

Kinda messed up…

2 Likes

I wonder if the achievements have their own renown counter that’s being increased every time an alt gets brought up to a main’s rank?

(the overall rep rank seems to be correct, just some erroneous achievements being handed out)

This unexpected behavior was due to a bug that we have now fixed. It should not happen again.

We will now create and deploy an adjustment for affected players. This will not be a step that we can take immediately, but once we’re ready, we will remove the errant renown and rewards.

2 Likes

Can We get some insight into the " The Archive bug? " I don’t mean to highjack but it’s been about 5 hours and I can’t progress

Just logged into a couple different toons and it still gave me the the rank 15 dornogal achievement. Going to stop until its 100% fixed.

You mean the way my guild has been dinging and re-dinging and re-dinging the United Nations achievement several times a day since the pre-expansion event went live? :joy:

It get so REPetative… :upside_down_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Same happened to me. I didn’t see anything weird when I opened my actual rep panel on my main, however, so I figured the achievement was a completely visual bug.

Was hilarious to see the confusion from my guild, though. :joy:

2 Likes

Beta testers reported this since end of June… :pleading_face:

1 Like

It’s not fixed. I saw this message after playing one toon all night, and decided it would be safe to load some other toons to start them getting rested xp… a few achieves about having the faction unlocked, which wasn’t unexpected, but then getting them maxed was, and this was an hour after you posted that.

1 Like

I also just started logging in to other characters after playing main for a while. This is what shows for the latest alts.

This is how my rep shows on my main (only character to start the expansion quests).

The vendors correctly show their items based on my actual reputation rank.

1 Like

There’s no actual renown being gained as part of the bug OP describes. It’s just adding character renown to the achievement tracker instead of the tracker simply being equal to the renown (which is account wide). The only “gain” is a funny date on the achievements, can’t actually buy anything.

3 Likes

It’s definitely not fixed, as I just got the renown 15 achievement.

That said it’s only the achievement I’m getting. My actual renown hasn’t budged.

1 Like

This is not fixed, it’s still happening. This really sucks, am I not going to be able to make legitimate progress until your “when it’s ready” solution is available? (e.g. you will wipe my reknown at some unknown future date?)

No, it’s not fixed. I just logged in on an alt and got the level 25 Dornogal rep “achievement”.

I seriously HOPE this isn’t going to “punish” me for something, when all I did was log in on an alt to start her “rested” clock, so I can go back to leveling my main. :roll_eyes:

Please don’t remove renown. We didn’t ACTUALLY get any “extra” renown. My toon is only at rank 3 and rank 4 in the 2 zones i’ve completed. It’s just an achievement tracking issue, not an actual rep gain issue

2 Likes

Is that still needed? I thought it’s automatic for now. :S

Considering how it’s affecting everybody logging onto alts for any reason I really doubt they’d punish anybody. :dracthyr_crylaugh: Just yoink whatever goodies.

Nope. I have logged into alts and checked IMMEDIATELY upon login and there is no rested XP. It starts accumulating after maybe fifteen seconds.

1 Like

Chiming in to say both my husband and I are also still having this happen to us for Dornogal. I’m at 8/15 and he’s already hit 25. He’s been logging into more alts running old raids for mogs/mounts tho, whereas I’ve only logged into a few.

Our actual renown is only 2 tho. We basically quested to the main hub and then logged out.

I was never able to get rewards - the renown on my characters were correct. The achievements just popped up too soon