Getting DMF in Elwynn is one of the Worst Experiences I've ever had

To me this is what faction rivalry is all about. I don’t get mad when I get ganked in Ratchet. I expect it and take it in stride. I know what I signed up for.

You wanted to roll on a PvP server so now you get all the consequences of that choice. Blizzard is not going to change it so you better just get comfy with it.

1 Like

I wish it was that simple. I was told this game had decent PVP, but 90% of the PVP experience is either PVE events, premade battlegrounds, or getting gang-stomped open-world by 20 wind serpents. Very rare I actually have an honorable, competitive, skill-based combat. In hindsight a PVE server may have been a good idea, but at least other games still exist.

Level 25 pvp isn’t all that fun.

the only annoying thing about the elwynn DMF is how close it is to goldshire. Its very annoying that ally can just stand next to the guards when they start losing and its over for horde. TB just doesn’t have guards anywhere near its faire so they can’t do the same

Harassment. PvP involves killing other players, they certainly don’t want to be killed, and it certainly ruins a certain amount of fun to be killed repeatedly, but that isn’t harassment. If there is a PvP solution, the PvP isn’t really harassment.

Indeed. It is also why I don’t roll on PvP servers anymore, because while I enjoy random skirmishes, my time is more constrained and limited so I need to be able to plan on accomplishing what I want to accomplish without absurd interference.

Back when I had more time, yeah I did tons and tons of wPvP. Nothing like fighting in a cave for hours trying to get a very specific shade of beast for my wife to tame… only to find a bunch of Horde doing the same thing for w/e reason and it turning into a Big Thing™ with rotating guild mates and whatnot.

3 Likes

He said it himself. I wouldn’t really call it a “nebulous term” though.

“In online gaming: the action or an act of deliberately spoiling other players’ enjoyment of a game by playing in a way that is intentionally disruptive and aggravating . Cf. griefer n.”

DKs need to be scrubbed from the game. They accomplish nothing. They only act as a way to grief people and set them back a week. It doesn’t discourage WPVP, corpse camping or griefing. It discourages taking fights near civilians. And alliance 100% abuse these places.

1 Like

Enjoy your personal fantasy I suppose.

1 Like

You don’t like definitions?

I 100% understand and respect that. I don’t think there is absolutely anything with rolling a PvE server. Even I considered a PvE server for reasons similar to yours.

I do however find it shameful to willingly choose to roll on a PvP server, knowing full well how people act online because lets not pretend we are ignorant; and then complain about the exact thing you knew was inevitable.

That’s why threads like this always irk me. People need to learn to take it on the chin or just admit that they would have more fun and their gameplay goals align more with a PvE server. There is no shame in that at all.

2 Likes

100% agreed.

People know what they’re signing up for.

1 Like

no I don’t even have to be online to know all about it, there’s no such thing as griefing at dmf cause I made it that way

Kinda agreed. Meet plenty of people on PVP servers that do not belong. Someones low HP getting ganked after killing mobs, someone on his faction walks on by and leaves him to die. Or someone is getting ganked and you jump in to help them. The gankers turn their attention to you and the person you just helped makes a run for it, sacrificing you and leaving you to enjoy a corpse run instead. Or “hey guys there’s 10 people sitting outside our quest hub camping there’s enough of us to take a fight to them” and either getting ignored or made fun of for ‘complaining about pvp on a pvp server’. Like nah, I’m trying to get a response to the PVP going on and people would rather be passive aggressive and annoying. None of these people belong on a PVP server. They actively avoid it and openly mock people for caring about PVP. It’s wild.

3 Likes

I get the sentiment. I play on Crusader Strike server and for example, today i have been leveling an alt warlock im around level 23 atm.

I was questing in redridge, and i was constantly being killed by lvl 25 rogues over and over. I tried changing layers and stuff but it was still pretty frustrating.

So i went to quest in Wetlands, and i kid you not, there was a group of 3 rogues stealthed near the entrance of menethil harbor just ganking any lower levels running by so they have to rez at the pretty far graveyard.
As i was running back to my corpse, someone rez’d me. I took the rez, but the person rezzing me was in a weird corner area, and as soon as i took the rez, one of the rogues instantly killed me again. Now i can’t confirm nor deny the alliance character that rez’d me was an alt account from one of the rogues, but that was pretty funny and memorable moment. I wont be taking random rez’s again LOL

This is the stuff I understand is part of the potential experience you get when rolling on a massive population pvp server with classic vanilla mechanics.

I always end up rolling on pvp servers because thats usually where the more hardcore/tryhard community ends up funneling into, and my guild ends up following. This is likely the only actual reason we always end up on pvp servers.

your definition is correct, but if the player is at dmf on a pvp server, then it’s impossible to be called griefing because world pvp wouldn’t be spoiling other players enjoyment of the game, because wpvp on a pvp server isn’t intentionally disruptive or aggravating, since the player who plays on the realm actively seeks out said wpvp

I get the impression people feel compelled to join PVP servers because they’re ‘real servers’ and get more traffic but they take their toxic attitude towards PVP with them and make the server a worse place to be. They’re not there to participate in WPVP, but to wear their server tag like a badge of honor (without having any).

1 Like

I don’t get why people throw away their time like you do. 8 hours for a buff so you do a lil bit more damage in a easy dungeon.

Next time just form a raid and take over for a few min. That’s what Alliance had to do on CS last time it was over in the Horde zone till we broke the Horde and they stopped camping it.

3 Likes

People who join pvp servers that dont pvp are folks that play with their pvper friends and thats about it.

No one cares if you dont like it, its their choice, they wanna play with their friends and they dont care about your want for wpvp

Good players play on PvP servers and they want a carry.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like