Getting back to nature

As part of this unpruning can we please move balance druids back to using nature more and not just the sun and moon and stars?

Insect swarm
Nature’s wrath
Hurricane
Mark of the wild
Thorns

These are the things i want to see for balance druid again. Bonus if we can get vines/roots that deal damage, and other nature inspired abilities

49 Likes

This is a beautiful post. I approve this message! I’d also like to symbi come back–that was fun =3

10 Likes

I’d like to add on to this wonderful post by saying

Mark of the wild should be for all druid specs

And please add in more skins and forms we are druids we represent nature, why is it so limiting.

More skins for our forms
Mark of the wild baseline
Leader of the pack for feral
More nature magic less moon and sun

11 Likes

I recall them mentioning something about wanting to make sure Druids are distinguishable in wild. Like when you see them, you KNOW it’s a Druid coming to rip your face off.

I think Feral and Guardian have enough skins imo. But I’d like to see 1-2 more for Boomy, and I’d like to see Trees back as a permanent form (option to glyph out like boomy) for Resto

5 Likes

I still say we need a dryad/keeper glyphed form for boomkin, but i suppose it would only really fit night elves.

What would be equally cool is a glyph that gives us something like malfurions form: antlers, bird feathers coming from the arms, paw-ified hands, etc. But otherwise showing your normal form and gear

14 Likes

Leader of the Pack and Mark of the Wild. Were those to come back, I would probably cry tears of joy. Also, I second bringing back the nature spells to the literal Nature class (go figure)! I prefer Hurricane to Starfall ANY day of the week!! And thorns need to be back!!!

6 Likes

I think we should at least have glyphs for this:

Glyph of insect Swarm: changes sunfire to insect Swarm
Glyph of hurricane: changes starfall to hurricane.
Glyph of natures wrath: changes solar wrath back to the old green energy bolt.

14 Likes

I always thought that being a nature-based caster with things like Hurricane, Insect Swarm, green Wrath, Force of Nature, Thorns, Wild Mushroom, Faerie Fire, etc. etc. was way more interesting than the new solar stuff.

I get that Balance’s theme shifted from the balance between nature and the arcane to balance between the sun and the moon, but that feels kind of… uninspired? Three other casters already primarily use fire spells in their rotation. I don’t want the sun stuff to be removed, but adding more nature-based stuff by for example bringing back Thorns, Wild Mushroom and Faerie Fire, and adding glyphs to replace Solar Wrath, Sunfire and Starfall with green Wrath, Insect Swarm and Hurricane would make me way more interested in playing my Druid.

15 Likes

I love my space warrior laser chicken, but I definitely get the “return to nature” thing. This is a perfect suggestion!

4 Likes

This is all I really, really want. There are lots of good suggestions in here worth considering, but the loss of permanent tree form was so disappointing.

I’d be in favor of having it be more transformative with abilities like the incarnation and giving access to form exclusive abilities like cat and bear. The version that only provided passives was a little uninspired, I’ll admit. Still, I’d even take that (even with all the original restrictions) over playing in caster form like some class that isn’t a druid.

2 Likes

Well, technically we do still have a permanent tree form, it just doesnt convey any bonuses to heals. I still use it a lot just for the lulz

Yes to all of this. I want to be rid of moonkin form too. I’ve always hated it. Judy give us a glyph to make it a passive buff. I like starfall bit man do I miss hurricane. The spec felt so much more in though with the NE culture as a nature based class. I’d say keep lunar strike and moonfire as representations of the moon in nature but switch wrath back to green and starfall to hurricane. Or maybe moonfire to some kind of nature dot like slicing wind or constricting vines.

Starsurge should be switched to something green or something and Chosen of Elune should be Chosen of Cenarius with a green aura or a Dryad or Keeper transformation.

We need a lot of changes because right now balance druids feel like priests of the moon.

3 Likes

I feel like most of this should simply be offered through cosmetic glyphs though, since some people do like the current representation.

3 Likes

It’s quite a lot of glyphs but I don’t disagree. More customization is never a bad thing.

3 Likes

Resto druids too please. :raising_hand_woman:‍♀ We want more nature damage based spells instead of just healing. You ever been strangled by vines? It hurts.

4 Likes

Remove the cooldown from switch form too LUL… savage roar a skill not a talent, and active this when u rake someone in stealth mode, i love when we had these talent who give us -10% damage when stunned, 10-20% + healing in cat form… miss the 3 talent trees xD

But the sun/moon Moonkin is the best designed of any Moonkin. I’d rather them just give more skin options -,-

1 Like

I forgot about that ability! Thanks for the reminder, it was super fun! I remember going into a dungeon and finding the most fun class to symbiosis with

No but I got grass burn once and hit with a branch, nature hurts!

Yes! and maybe more dinosaur like features for trolls and zandalari.