Getting a like timer after every 2-3 likes i give

is the 24 hour limit not enough? i got a 30minute timer on likes, liked 2 things after that expired, then i get an HOUR long timer.

I’m liking things i enjoy and agree with, is this too much?
What is the point of this nonsense? Such a useless system.

32 Likes

I’ve been handing out likes like they are candy. When am I supposed to get some kind of timer?

10 Likes

This hasnt happened to me yet. I like all the replies to my topics. At least the ones that arent being tools and have never gotten a timer.

5 Likes

Here’s what Blizzard wants to do with Likes:
They don’t want it to be like Facebook where you like everything you simply agree with. They want you to like things that actually have meaning, and or represent quality over quantity. I usually like stuff that I truly agree with & I find to be quality. Be it a funny joke, or something significant. I haven’t even capped out myself with my likes, I did with my posts though. Nonetheless I think what they want is people to share these likes with quality posts, as opposed to the “Like people for no reason” threads. Ya’know? Which I’ve seen a lot of recently. It seems people just want to give aways likes to reach Trust lvl 3. It shouldn’t be that way, Blizzard wants people to promote quality material as opposed to “Like me for no reason.” Kind of content. Ya’know?
Do you agree or disagree with me? :blush:

4 Likes

How does that really change anything though? I can still like “pointless” fluff if I want to.

7 Likes

i disagree, on the point that likes are a harmless tool that don’t cause spam or clutter, and it’s a way to tell somebody you agree with them without casuing spam just to replay “lol yeah me too”

4 Likes

Yeah I had that issue. I started my day giving about 3 likes then it told me I was almost out.

1 Like

It doesn’t entirely, people will always like stuff that isn’t quality, but I’m assuming this was their intention with it ya’know? I do dislike the limited posts myself, but I am not really upset about it, it is what it is, and I support Blizzard with their forum decision, I really like what they’ve done so far. :slight_smile:

Thats the problem though, people “like” posts for all different reasons, they shouldn’t be trying to pigeonhole it into something it’s not. If they wanted the forums to be a place for srs discussionz they missed that boat a long time ago.

8 Likes

I completely understand your point of view, and I believe I understand what Blizzard was trying to do. If you could offer some constructive ideas, what ideas would you incorporate into the forums that could help promote the concept of “Quality over Quantity.”
Any ideas? :heart:

Personally speaking as far as the forums are concerned, I dont really care about quality over quantity. There are much bigger issues than micromanaging the forums.

2 Likes

It’s a weird thing to gate likes like they are. I am wondering if this will be reworked soon. Part of me thinks it wasn’t meant to be this restrictive.

3 Likes

constructive ideas for Blizzard? get rid of pointless features like the hard-limit to likes, which is nothing but an inconvenience and helps nobody and nothing.
I see you’re just here to kiss Blizzard’s boots though, not going to get anything out of you. I posted to voice my discontent with the ridiculous like-timer, that is my feedback, take it or leave it, i’m not here to appeal to you or to have my opinion swayed.

3 Likes

If I have a problem with something I will voice my concern with constructive ideas to better the issue. I have nothing to gain from Blizzard, I’m here to help the community and the player base. If I have a complaint with someone, I’m going to offer a solution with it, that’s how I am. I don’t just sit there with a complaint expecting for them to bring about changes. I must think critically and apply myself into their shoes, that’s how I work.

I respect your opinion, that is all I can say to you. Thus as you have an opinion, I have one too. :slight_smile:

Well I get where you’re going with that but people also have different ideas of what is “quality” and how many different types of posts they would deem as “quality”

And when someone is out of likes they either have to wait or go on an alt to like something they think is “quality”

Imposing limits is kind of weird when there are easy workarounds, and I think the old forums were fine without upvote limits. Most people stuck to upvoting what they felt deserved it.

2 Likes

I dont’ see a need for a timer. I keep getting timed out too. Not even sure how they determine it.
:crying_cat_face:

4 Likes

What if there were two like options? One for agreement, and one for quality? You can separate two things in two different categories? Giving people as many likes as they want, but a limited amount of ‘quality’ likes? Thoughts? Or maybe unlimited for both? I wouldn’t know to be honest, but I want to find out the best solution for this issue.

1 Like

Hmm, not sure about distinguishing agreement vs quality, but they could have done something like Discord does with emojis where you can point out if something was funny or how it made you feel. But then again this would include negative things and they don’t seem to want that kind of voting on their forums.

1 Like

That would just be fluff, likes as they are, are a harmless tool that shouldn’t be restricted. if blizzard wants to track feedback they can take the time and read it. i highly doubt they’re keeping track of how likes are used anyway right now past simply limiting them for whatever unspecified reason they have (they don’t even tell us why they do anything anymore).

likes were fine the way they were on the previous forum, there was no reason to change them at all.

The scrolling from lack of pages I can deal with, the minimum wordcount in titles and replies I can deal with, but something as pointless as this has no reason to be in place.

this could be okay too, but i bet blizzard would limit that as well. gotta love timegating right?

1 Like

I agree, I like a lot of things, things that make me laugh, things that make me think, and things that just happen to be fun. I think they should do something about the limited likes, they allow you to switch alts and like everything until the alts run out, so it’s kind of pointless to restrict characters for liking.

1 Like