Get rid of these add-ons

What we need:
/Who
Zone/global chats

What we do not need:
A button that queues you and places you into a group.

Why?

If you have to commit time into making your group, you’re interacting. You’re part of the hustle & bustle of stormwind. You have to communicate with others in order to get a group going. You’re that interested in making a group, you need a healer, so you’ll hang around looking for a healer until you find one. That’s an immersive experience where you get what you put in.

As opposed to needing a healer, you would hit the lfg add-on, filter options to look for a healer, push button, then completely turn your mind off of interacting with others until you & 4 strangers are grouped. You don’t have to put time into it, you never stop what you’re doing, it’s constant gameplay minus social interaction. This sounds time efficient and productive, yes? Yes. However, it’s a MMORPG. It’s made to suck you in & you feel like you belong to a world you share with others. When I start doing dungeons with lfg add-ons, that whole bit of interaction has been lost. Yeah, I’m doing dungeons faster. But the price of losing interactions isn’t worth it. Dungeons are fun, but if I feel like my group mates are robots from lfg add-on, then the dungeon is no longer fun.

5 Likes

So if they break auto-inviting and grouping, will you stop crying?

Vanilla, and Classic has built-in LFG.

Have a nice day.

I agree. Networked addons should be banned.

2 Likes

Why? They existed in vanilla.

Few used them. That is the difference.

1 Like

How is that relevant? The API has been in development for 15 years.

So beinga able to meet and comunicate with people more easily will make people not comunicate?

Just be honest. You are and have always been toxic trash and the only way people wouldnt kick you from every group is if it was so hard to find members that dealing with you is better by conparison.

3 Likes

It is relevant because it significantly changes the way the game will be played and how most people will interact.

No, Blizzard has spent 15 years on their API specifically to avoid issues like this.

So much muting going down. Bye.

I agree, ban add-ons that ruin classic, immersion, speed up the game, take away from the community and communication, etc. I’m against most add-ons if not all anyway.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what happened in Wrath when LFD was released… You had a whole bunch of anti-social players who had no desire to communicate with other people that the social dynamic of forming the party had dissuaded from joining dungeon groups. Suddenly they had a button they could push that would skip over the forming group part and once they were in dungeon the majority of them continued to be anti-social and proceeded to ignore any advice that was given to them or co-ordination that was requested of them… They had no desire to play in a team yet were suddenly in our groups frequently.

3 Likes

First of all, LFD isn’t LFG. Second, what makes you think anti-social players will be any different now? If they didn’t talk then, they aren’t going to talk now. I can almost guarantee though no one playing WoW stays silent forever, everyone breaks the ice at some point.

Vocal minority =/= what the majority want. I bet most people dont even care about others using addons, and if they dont like the addon just wont use it as opposed to wanting no one to be able to use them.

2 Likes

Blizzard has undoubtedly heard everyone’s plea and is probably talking about it. Its been like 1 friggin day. For all we know they already plan to do it, but they gotta go through a long list of checks to make sure it wont break the game in other ways. Give them a little time.

Ok, I’m bored with this now. We need to start the next outrage thing to get the mobs fired up over. Where’s my pitchfork at? Hmmm… what can it be?

Macros are different in Classic than in Vanilla! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble!

Has this one been done to death yet?

2 Likes

Am I allowed to use keybinds or will that also ruin the spirit and challenge of classic?

Should I also unplug my second monitor and throttle my bandwidth?

2 Likes

This is clearly a different case, but you knew that already.

Thats the entire point of the backlash. Those players are usually dissuaded from joining groups by the time and social interactions required to form the group. Those barriers help keep the people who don’t want to work as a team out of the team oriented content.