Over the years blizzard added lots of awesome features that made game great just to take them away in next expansions. Instead of building new features that most people do not enjoy let’s build a solid foundation from the best features of past and current expansions. Here is my list that would be great to see in game:
- Get rid of all borrowed powers. You tried to experiment but it didn’t work and nothing can fix it.
- Great class design. Classes in current game feels like a reskin of each other. It’s ok when classes have their strengths and weaknesses, not everyone have to have a kick, mitigation A, mitigation B and stun. Good stating point would be MoP.
- itemization and stats. Return stats that were removed from a game - hit, expertise, arp, dodge, armor on items and etc. It’s not acceptable when RPG game have itemization depth of a looter shooter (hello destiny) - ilvl, main stat, stamina, secondary 1 and 2. Stats do not interact with each other and makes game shallow.
- Fix power growth. ilvl difference from first patch raid content to the last is too huge. It’s not ok when you have to squish stats every expansion. Several possible solutions below.
- Merge several difficulties together. What’s the point in having heroic dungeons? Let’s just merge it with mythic0. What’s the point in having normal raid? Let’s merge lfr with normal. It will help to reduce extra ilvl jumps.
- Gear progression. Imho best loot should drop only from raids. So player’s gear progression should be: mythic+ -> heroic raids -> mythic raids. Lfr is an entry lvl content that drops loot similar to low keys. Mythic raids should drop gear of heroic raid quality of the next tier.
- Mythic+ redesign. Timer is optional like in challenge mode in pandaria. Maximum normal/heroic raids ilvl drop. Endless progression like honor system with seasonal leaderboards for people who like to compete and push high lvl keys. Seasonal rewards (cosmetics and mounts) based on your key progress.
- Return justice/valor and honor/conquest points. Working towards your goal is awesome and is the foundation of this game. Return currency vendors and allow to exchange pve to pvp and vice versa.
- Remove pvp scaling. It’s just a bad hidden system that makes your character weak. Add either minimum ilvl scaling from WoD or resilience/pvp stat.
- Relevant professions. Wotlk had the best solution to this problem. Just add passive bonus to every profession and tune them to be balanced. Crafting entry level pvp gear can solve problem with pvp for new players.
What do you guys think? I tried to take best parts of previous expansions and adapt them to current problems that game have. Also mythic+ and gear that it provides is a huge problem of a game - it makes other content obsolete.